Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I can't pinpoint the exact date as I don't use it, but I believe it was when Facebook reached a certain critical mass and everybody started sharing everything and the slightest personal traumas were greeted with "you alright, hun?" and "sendin' hugs" and other such meaningless, trite nonsense.

I believe this generation is physically fitter and better educated than any previous generation - but mentally weaker.

Fitter? With obesity levels through the roof and living mainly off of junk food.

Far more men doing hard Manual labour jobs back then and living on meat and two veg , not Big Mac and fries

Plus most had to walk everywhere they went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought it was absolutely bat-shit mental. :mad:

Yep completely over the top reaction from people who had no connection with her other than the shite about how wonderful she was by the BBC and other Diana loving media, oh look at poor me I married a man who the whole world knew never loved me here I am sat on my own (by chance) with the Taj Mahal as a poignant backdrop (how lucky) then I have to go back to my poor little mansion (paid for by you saps) please feel sorry for me.... She knew exactly what she was doing a little charity here a photo shoot there, and use the media and the stupid arse end of the public fell for it thinking they have a connection with her....

Nope you never did, it was the media making you think you did a common girl done wrong....

Don't be stupid...

Wow.... Glad that's out there

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear..... let's be adult about this, our govt is subject to democratic and parliamentary checks and balances,...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Many in the US would have trusted an Obama, and even Bush administration, to get the balance right. Then you get an insecure, narcissistic Putin fan in the White House, who no-one can trust with any information. You should always make policy on the basis of worst case scenarios.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We are of course historically a Christian country.

Imagine this scenario. A religion which is not Christian grows in the UK to have a number of followers. A small number of these followers are vile and extreme and start a campaign to kill the local inhabitants and others try to force their own ideology.

Do you

A. Ban this religion until the killing stops and they understand this country will never live by their rules.
B. carry on as normal and just live with the killing as part of everyday life and hope our security services keep them at bay and one day they are defeated.

What would you do.?

Now imagine the religion in question is the religion of Scientology.

Still the same answer?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Stop posting meaningless childlike conspiracy theory then....

It's not a conspiracy theory. Just something that isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Did you miss the part of my original post where I say it's a good thing the government has to adhere to the law? Whilst they have to do that we're all good. If that changes? Maybe not so much.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yep completely over the top reaction from people who had no connection with her other than the shite about how wonderful she was by the BBC and other Diana loving media, oh look at poor me I married a man who the whole world knew never loved me here I am sat on my own (by chance) with the Taj Mahal as a poignant backdrop (how lucky) then I have to go back to my poor little mansion (paid for by you saps) please feel sorry for me.... She knew exactly what she was doing a little charity here a photo shoot there, and use the media and the stupid arse end of the public fell for it thinking they have a connection with her....

Nope you never did, it was the media making you think you did a common girl done wrong....

Don't be stupid...

Wow.... Glad that's out there

I watched people putting flowers on war memorials in support of Diana!!! I listened to work colleagues/acquantainces verbally destroying the Royal Family for failing to come to London, when all they were doing was putting a loving and protective arm around two grieving boys and keeping them out of the spotlight for as long as possible. I witnessed people heartbroken and sobbing over someone they had never met and never knew. I listened to her pompous prick of a brother declaring that her blood family would look after them. ( Did he?....******** ) A shallow and deeply worrying outburst of public emotion, that showed how fragile we had suddenly become.
The two groups of people who most gained out of her death were Tony Blair's Labour party and Florists. It was a PR godsend for Blair, with his " Peoples' Princess " tag line and then carving out an image as the peace maker between the Royal Family and The British Public. The media loved him, portraying him as the man who saved the Monarchy. It guaranteed him popular support for years and allowed him and his odious cronies to set about deconstructing the very fabric of our society that had stood solid for centuries, with an agenda that was at best misguided and at worst criminal.
As for florists, well they have been rubbing their hands ever since. At every show of public grief and mourning now, the flowers turn up in their thousands, accompanied by the obligatory wailing and sobbing. People fail to go to work as they are too distressed.
Yes you are right, it was the birth of the quivering lip, exemplified by thousands of youngsters taking to the streets and openly weeping over the Brexit result and proclaiming that their lives had been ruined. Life goes on.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We are of course historically a Christian country.

Imagine this scenario. A religion which is not Christian grows in the UK to have a number of followers. A small number of these followers are vile and extreme and start a campaign to kill the local inhabitants and others try to force their own ideology.

Do you

A. Ban this religion until the killing stops and they understand this country will never live by their rules.
B. carry on as normal and just live with the killing as part of everyday life and hope our security services keep them at bay and one day they are defeated.

What would you do.?

Now imagine the religion in question is the religion of Scientology.

Still the same answer?

If you wanna talk about flat out banning religions, I'd like to ban Pastafarianism. For being a shit religion invented by neckbeard bell ends.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
It's not a conspiracy theory. Just something that isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Did you miss the part of my original post where I say it's a good thing the government has to adhere to the law? Whilst they have to do that we're all good. If that changes? Maybe not so much.
Agreed

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you wanna talk about flat out banning religions, I'd like to ban Pastafarianism. For being a shit religion invented by neckbeard bell ends.

I welcome your input about banning religions.
I do hope whilst you wish to ban mine you dont discriminate about talk about banning other religions also.

You wouldnt want to be a hypocrite would you?

lets get it all out in the open!

Last edited:

larus

Fitter? With obesity levels through the roof and living mainly off of junk food.

Far more men doing hard Manual labour jobs back then and living on meat and two veg , not Big Mac and fries

Plus most had to walk everywhere they went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a small percentage are very fit - I see them in the gym. Some though are bulking up with protein (and I guess other ways) so maybe that's not really fit. However, anecdotadly, the evidence is that this generation(s) is/are less fir than previous ones.

In the past kids played outside, running around, climbing, bikes etc. Look at the number of football teams now compared to years ago. Kids/teens are far more likely to be on a phones/laptop/PC/games console/watching TV compared to previous generations. People are fatter and unhealthier. Strange thing is the older generations are now fitter than pervious generations as they exercise more now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
One of the latest confirmed victims was a student on the university course my partner is a lecturer on. :(

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I actually quite like that our government has to adhere to things like the law and human rights. Sets us apart from the barbarians.

I'm uneasy with the sort of system you're proposing. Sure, it might seem like the solution to this problem but what if, someway down the line, the government decides that people who like marmite should be considered extremist? I realise that's a real simple and unlikely scenario, it's merely meant to point out the possibility for abuse.

Surveillance in the wrong hands is just another means of control.

I'm not actually proposing it, I am just saying what I would do. If Erdogan can arrest tens of thousands of his opposition for being linked to the attempted Turkey coup, guilty or not, it just shows how other countries deal with problems like this. Even though I a no fan of Erdogan he doesn't mess about.

When we look at how long Abu the hook Hamza and Anjem Choudry were left untouched and on the street brainwashing people like the suicide bomber and thousands of ISIS recruits, it is clear that human rights gets a little absurd and we are far too kind.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm not actually proposing it, I am just saying what I would do. If Erdogan can arrest tens of thousands of his opposition for being linked to the attempted Turkey coup, guilty or not, it just shows how other countries deal with problems like this. Even though I a no fan of Erdogan he doesn't mess about.

When we look at how long Abu the hook Hamza and Anjem Choudry were left untouched and on the street brainwashing people like the suicide bomber and thousands of ISIS recruits, it is clear that human rights gets a little absurd and we are far too kind.

Anjem Choudry was left untouched because even though the things he was saying were alien to western morals and quite repulsive they were in the confines of preaching the religion of Islam and freedom of religion.He was doing nothing wrong. He was simply teaching ultra conservative Islam in public. This is not a crime. We may find this version of Islam repulsive but it isnt illegal.
He was done for incitement to carry out acts around terrorism not preaching radical islam

D

Deleted member 22389

Exploiting our democracy are the terms I have heard used before, it is so true. This latest incident has really bought home to me the bad place we are really in.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anjem Choudry was left untouched because even though the things he was saying were alien to western morals and quite repulsive they were in the confines of preaching the religion of Islam and freedom of religion.He was doing nothing wrong. He was simply teaching ultra conservative Islam in public. This is not a crime. We may find this version of Islam repulsive but it isnt illegal.
He was done for incitement to carry out acts around terrorism not preaching radical islam

Agreed

If we go down the route of abolishing free speech who has won? Nothing would please these extremists more than to see us veer to the right, indulge in Islamophobia and they can claim the west has a war on Islam. You only have to look at the comments page in the Express or the Daily Hate to see the extremists are getting the reaction they are looking for

Of course if he it is proven the likes of Choudry are found to be insighting hate that's a different matter, we have laws for that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing would please these extremists more than to see us veer to the right, indulge in Islamophobia and they can claim the west has a war on Islam. You only have to look at the comments page in the Express or the Daily Hate to see the extremists are getting the reaction they are looking for

You don't need to look that far. There's comments on this very thread proposing the bulldozing of mosques, FFS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You don't need to look that far. There's comments on this very thread proposing the bulldozing of mosques, FFS.

Do we have to bulldoze them though? Seems a waste. Why not convert them into trendy pubs, or a Whetherspoons, or apartments? It's what we do with redundant churches.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here