Allardyce Resigns....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My Palace mole says
mole.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My Palace mole says he may we'll be wrapped up in some WHU murkiness which is to hit a fan shortly. Sorry if this is old news, I can't be arsed to read the thread.

Hopefully he didn't open a bank account for his dog ( Rosie was Redknapps) and will go down, without the Palace unfortunately.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
He'd never say this, but I suspect this is about money. We know from the England fiasco that Allardyce likes a pound note - greedy is probably the word.

He was widely reported to have got a £2million bonus for keeping Palace up, plus the wages - maybe another £1m, so £3m for five months' work. Add that to the £1m pay-off he got from England, and the £2m last season for keeping Sunderland up, that is £6million plus Sunderland wages in a year and he is set up.

Because some of the stuff in the statement yesterday just didn't ring true, if he felt that then he would have felt it five months ago.

While clearly I'm not that upset, do feel Palace and Parish have been a bit shafted on this one.

Palace? Shafted? :laugh:

Schteve for the pikeys please. What a f*****g shambles.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He'd never say this, but I suspect this is about money. We know from the England fiasco that Allardyce likes a pound note - greedy is probably the word.

He was widely reported to have got a £2million bonus for keeping Palace up, plus the wages - maybe another £1m, so £3m for five months' work. Add that to the £1m pay-off he got from England, and the £2m last season for keeping Sunderland up, that is £6million plus Sunderland wages in a year and he is set up.

Because some of the stuff in the statement yesterday just didn't ring true, if he felt that then he would have felt it five months ago.

While clearly I'm not that upset, do feel Palace and Parish have been a bit shafted on this one.

Well said, I think you've hit the nail on the head here and you're probably right about Palace and Parish having been shafted. Luckily for them, there are lots of very good managers around and (although it pains me to say it) Palace are an attractive proposition.

A question for you as a sports journalist with a far better knowledge of these things - do you think Palace would have been prepared to let Allardyce spend big in this transfer window given their huge spending in January and what kind of manager do you think they'll go for - one who will demand a big budget or one who would be happy to work pretty much with what they've got? I look at that Palace team and I think with just one or two additions, that it's easily good enough to be a top 12 side.

Excuse me whilst I now be sick.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well said, I think you've hit the nail on the head here and you're probably right about Palace and Parish having been shafted. Luckily for them, there are lots of very good managers around and (although it pains me to say it) Palace are an attractive proposition.

A question for you as a sports journalist with a far better knowledge of these things - do you think Palace would have been prepared to let Allardyce spend big in this transfer window given their huge spending in January and what kind of manager do you think they'll go for - one who will demand a big budget or one who would be happy to work pretty much with what they've got? I look at that Palace team and I think with just one or two additions, that it's easily good enough to be a top 12 side.

Excuse me whilst I now be sick.

:lol: you need a lay down after all that,far too much sense.....it was hot today though so i assume heat stroke.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Palace fans I know had a feeling that BFS wasn't going to start the new season. A few have said keep the back room staff and give Sammy Lee the job. I can't see that as he has limited management on his CV but a wealth of experience as both player and coach.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Marco Silva now the front runner, according to well known sources.
Dyche is backup, I'm led to believe.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Please let it be Dyche. I can't stand Dyche as it is, so him going to Palace would be perfect. Whenever I hear him speak I think he sounds like the racist comedian you used to get as compere for strippers' nights at the Working Men's Club.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Don't feel we've been shafted at all.
Sam was brought in to keep us up on a two and a half year contract.
There was a clause in the contract that said there was a break after 6 months, for either party. The £2 mill bonus for Sam hasn't been paid, it's payable after a set period of time ( learned from the Pulis fiasco )
So as it stands, we've stayed up , earning a minimum of £120 mill next season, and its cost around £1 mill in wages.
Sounds a good deal to me.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
There was a clause in the contract that said there was a break after 6 months, for either party. The £2 mill bonus for Sam hasn't been paid, it's payable after a set period of time ( learned from the Pulis fiasco )
So as it stands, we've stayed up , earning a minimum of £120 mill next season, and its cost around £1 mill in wages.

Sorry but if you think the total cost of BFS is only £1 million you are just deluded. So you are saying his bonus is paid pro rata on the period of his employment and that excludes his salary, sorry but that just doesn't add up when we are talking about the money grabbing ****.
Also you have excluded the cost of his signings both permanent and loan who were signed at inflated prices after Pardew's departure. Yes you have guaranteed Premier status but had to throw a shed load at it to secure your status.
Also in a previous post you said Dyche, why would he leave the comfort of Burnley for the off field shambles at Selhurst?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Palace fans I know had a feeling that BFS wasn't going to start the new season. A few have said keep the back room staff and give Sammy Lee the job. I can't see that as he has limited management on his CV but a wealth of experience as both player and coach.
Ha ha ha ha! Yes PLEASE give Sammy Lee the job. That would be even better than Pardew returning.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Please let it be Dyche. I can't stand Dyche as it is, so him going to Palace would be perfect. Whenever I hear him speak I think he sounds like the racist comedian you used to get as compere for strippers' nights at the Working Men's Club.

Unfortunately Dyche is rather a good manager so I hope it isn't.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
7 managers in 8 years

CPFC2010 - Strong and stable?

There's only so long that anybody can put up with living in a caravan.

And with the forecast of a really hot summer ahead, chances are the palace pikeys will burn the caravan park down again.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

So I guess Sam is going to be paid or is there some small print where he has to end up paying CPFC2010 for keeping you up?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Ha. The deluded arrogance.

Why would he, even consider uprooting down South to Palace, when he already has full backing and complete control at a club of equal standing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here