Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So no pension for the well off (however defined) no bus pass, no free prescription, no discount on football tickets, no cheaper lunches on certain days,,,,,etc,

May as well include children in this as well, so no parents get any discounts or freebies for their children unless they are on benefits.

Yes, welcome to the new post Brexit caring society,

If people can easily afford things then why not? The caring bit comes from helping those that can't afford these things.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Labour manifesto ‘would keep £7bn of planned Tory welfare cuts’

At least £7bn of George Osborne’s plan to slash welfare will go ahead after the election even if Labour wins power, an analysis of the party manifestos has revealed.

Three-quarters of the huge package of benefit cuts announced by the former chancellor in 2015 are yet to be implemented, including a major reduction in support given to the low-paid, and limiting payments to families with more than two children.

The Conservative manifesto suggested that the party would plough ahead with the cuts, should it win a majority. However, despite opposition to the cuts within Labour, the party’s manifesto only pledges to reverse £2bn of the £9bn cuts to come as part of a review, according to an analysis by the Resolution Foundation thinktank.

It comes despite the fact that Jeremy Corbyn was among 48 Labour MPs to rebel against the party whip in 2015 to oppose the cuts. Corbyn also criticised the decision by the party’s frontbench to abstain during his first leadership campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...anned-tory-benefit-cuts-resolution-foundation

"The manifesto makes it very clear that the Labour Party has come to a decision and is committed to Trident." - Corbyn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39986835

Corbyn .. Vice President of CND the principled politician fails to reverse all the nasty Tory welfare cuts and endorses retaining our Nuclear detterent but would never use it.

:dunce:

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
image.jpeg

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
"And thank you to all those labour(and conservative and the rest) who voted for leave for basically screwing the country for the next 20 years." So glad you obviously aren't trying to be nasty to anyone, we are after all entitled to our own opinions without being insulted just because they differ from yours.

That's not being nasty- basically calling someone a pig is. I happen to think that brexit is a disaster, I didn't call anyone who voted for it a pig, or anything else. Big difference between sarcasm and insults

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
What about those that 'can't afford it' but have sky tv, I phones for mum,dad and all the kids and new 2 cars on the drive but can't afford to buy food.

D

Deleted member 2719

Tories winning will be a disaster for pensioners, disabled, school kids, those on minimum wage, homeless, foxes not to say a disaster for the NHS so no wonder people are mobilising to stop the Tories winning

The foxes have had it coming for a long time, chicken killers.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They are going to take money from the rich so no problem for most of us .

They are going to make the rich a little bit less rich and the poor a little bit less poor.

Instead of the other way round.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A Labour resurgence will only happen after the Corbynites are removed,

I find this, along with all the other comments about Corbyn destroying the party and so on, quite interesting. Polling (with the usual caveats about the polls) is generally showing that support for Labour is actually now running at a similar or slightly higher rate than they achieved in the 2015 election under Ed Miliband.

So, it doesn't really seem to be the case does it?

What does seem to be happening is that support for Labour is spread more widely, but generally lower than the Tories - hence the likelihood of losing seats in their 'heartlands' whilst picking up votes, but not seats, in Tory areas. Also, it's pretty clear that UKIP voters are going Tory rather then Labour, and it's that which will probably mean a higher majority for the Tories, not a collapse in Labour votes.

What would be interesting is if there were an upsurge in Lib Dem votes in areas where they can win Tory seats. Then, there is a likelihood that any majority will be smaller than currently predicted.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oh FFS - I am sick of this utter crap shitting all over NSC, like some incontinent gerbil on speed.

Please can we create a political bollocks sub forum. Labelled pointless cat calling bull shit.

Arghhhhhhhhh.

Lenny Rider is one of the worst. Deliberately misleading thread title. If I knew it was just another of his ridiculously one-eyed attacks on Labour I wouldn't have opened it. Worthy of a ban, imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here