Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
WTF is 'the promised land'? I love going every week both home and away, so please excuse me if I don't go overboard about public transport into Brighton, standing around for a few hours to watch a bus with people on it.

Blimey, you sound like someone who describes football as 22 men chasing a piece of leather about. Each to their own.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Blimey, just read through this, very negative comments, quite depressing. Hope it turns out better than it seems to be heading judged purely on the tripe posted here.
I sometimes despair at some of our "support". Always moaning about a lack of pies, standard of catering, rush for the bus, blah blah blah, now this.
In 20 years we've come from the precipice to the promised land. If you can't get excited about that because of a bit of 21st century red tape, then God help us.
Christ on a feaking BUS!

Edited for you Smudge :)

Jan 30, 2008
I'm still undecided, I don't know if to wear my blue and white wig or my jesters hat. :wink:
its a dilema isn't it !,I went to Luton to see England return from italia 90 good day out on the beer, mate had an orange order union jack which he managed to throw up to the coach , did have a picture of Gazza holding it up with a smile on his face ,good days :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
No....won't be there.
Far too far to travel to watch some more flag waving nonsense. Open top bus parades should be for teams that win something and then the trophy can be paraded. Are Newcastle having one? I doubt it. I lost interest in this when the players decided that they had lost interest in winning the title. Lets all celebrate players, some of whom couldn't be arsed to put a shift in for the last 3-4 games ( and one was player of the season!!! )
It was a limp and anti-climactic end to the season and yet fans are expected to greet them like conquering heroes. No thanks.

As I posted and got slated for stating, being mugged off
regards
DR

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
No....won't be there.
Far too far to travel to watch some more flag waving nonsense. Open top bus parades should be for teams that win something and then the trophy can be paraded. Are Newcastle having one? I doubt it. I lost interest in this when the players decided that they had lost interest in winning the title. Lets all celebrate players, some of whom couldn't be arsed to put a shift in for the last 3-4 games ( and one was player of the season!!! )
It was a limp and anti-climactic end to the season and yet fans are expected to greet them like conquering heroes. No thanks.

You sound like a right laugh.

I'm waiting to see how quickly Gloucester beat Sussex in the cricket at Eastbourne before deciding, but would go if I hadn't already made plans.

I think Villa's miserly ticketing approach prevented a lot of supporters giving the players the send off they deserved after 46 games so would expect a decent turn out, if only to over analyse David Stockdales' waving style.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
its a dilema isn't it !,I went to Luton to see England return from italia 90 good day out on the beer, mate had an orange order union jack which he managed to throw up to the coach , did have a picture of Gazza holding it up with a smile on his face ,good days :thumbsup:
regards
DR

I remember that return. Time flies.

England used to have a truly good international team with some great players.:cry:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Watching Sussex at Eastbourne and thus doing my bit to support the town's efforts to make their visit a regular one.
Me too.

Footie season over now as far as I am concerned. Might seem a bit meh, but feel like I've done my "clap the players" bit after fantastic Wigan and less than fantastic Norwich, Brizzle and Villa episodes.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't see the need for all these zones, rationed drinks, deadlines to be in certain areas, areas bannered off so public cannot watch unless they are in a designated area. Why is any of this needed? Pride happily marches right through the length of town bang in the middle of Saturday and there is no need for all this corralling. The Children's parade does exactly the same.
A ****ing palava that I'll give a miss thanks, the club already treats fans like children inside the Amex I'm not really up for being told what to do in my own ****ing town thanks.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't see the need for all these zones, rationed drinks, deadlines to be in certain areas, areas bannered off so public cannot watch unless they are in a designated area. Why is any of this needed? Pride happily marches right through the length of town bang in the middle of Saturday and there is no need for all this corralling. The Children's parade does exactly the same.
A ****ing palava that I'll give a miss thanks, the club already treats fans like children inside the Amex I'm not really up for being told what to do in my own ****ing town thanks.

Everyone I have spoken to just wants to bowl up, watch from the street, or meet up casually, see what happens. This zone stuff is bonkers.

How do the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc. manage to drive a bus through London, and yet we need all this just to get from the Palace Pier to Grand Avenue!? :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Everyone I have spoken to just wants to bowl up, watch from the street, or meet up casually, see what happens. This zone stuff is bonkers.

How do the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc. manage to drive a bus through London, and yet we need all this just to get from the Palace Pier to Grand Avenue!? :shrug:

Quite. I simply don't understand the thinking behind it. The timing is awful too. I don't buy that it's to cause less disruption in town, the council don't seem to mind festival stuff and Pride and the marathon and the vintage car rally and the L to B bike ride and the naked cycle ride and the children's parade and the March for England and the EDF march and the paddle round the pier and the food festival and the burning of the clocks all going on with a few barriers and stewards why all the fuss for a bus driving a mile?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Moan moan bloody moan.

The afternoon/evening will be what YOU make of it. Instead of grizzling about the zones, the timing, the councillors etc etc, just turn up with a bunch of friends and family, cheer the team, watch the videos, drink some beer, listen to the speeches, and partake.

You never know. You MIGHT even crack a bloody smile.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me the more overly-elaborate the rules and regulations surrounding the thing, the more the club are setting themselves up for a fail. Which would be a shame. But herding families into holding pens two hours in advance, and maybe three or four hours in total, is just asking for all sorts of chaos on the day. Hope not, but I suspect it'll be like herding cats on the day.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Moan moan bloody moan.

The afternoon/evening will be what YOU make of it. Instead of grizzling about the zones, the timing, the councillors etc etc, just turn up with a bunch of friends and family, cheer the team, watch the videos, drink some beer, listen to the speeches, and partake.

You never know. You MIGHT even crack a bloody smile.
Spot on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here