Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton determined to get Toure!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On £250K a week - but would take a bit less? Well, at 33 he might, to keep playing at the top level - but not a big enough bit less for us, I'm thinking!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Obvious signing. I mean he'd really fit the mould for the type of humble, fully committed, out and out team player we need to slot in seamlessly to our tight knit group. Can't see his salary causing any problems with the wage structure either.

Clearly, this is just one of those idiotic stories put about by his agent. Thinks by linking him with a big club like us that one of the minnows like Palace might actually bite, and dive in with an panic bid.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Determined to get Tourette's .

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
On £250K a week - but would take a bit less? Well, at 33 he might, to keep playing at the top level - but not a big enough bit less for us, I'm thinking!

Was reported that Man City had offered him a contract at £100,000 a week.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I don't think this will happen for one minute, his attitude stops that in its tracks but the maths on this aren't as bonkers as I thought they'd be.

If we offered 100k a week that's 5 million gone for the year yet our TV income is going up 93 million next year (based on [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] figures of 7m this year and minimum of 100m next).

We'd still have 88 million to blow on the likes of Michael Owen, Kanchleskis and Doug loft.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
........ and so it begins!! :ffsparr:

And even if there is/was any calls between the agent of a Player like Toure and our club, this will be the beginning of many Players agents simply using us to try and get a better contract somewhere else........... make call, try and pimp their player, go public in the press.....with only intention to get a better contract at the parent club. A bit like Lewis Dunk with Fulham!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Only because they saw Knockhaert start THAT song after the Wigan game.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Why not? You never know? We are a Premier League Club now. If he is not bothered about the money, which the article says he isn't, he might be looking for an interesting project. We could be an attractive proposition.

To roughly quote Bill Shankly: "If you aim for the stars, you might hit the ceiling. If you aim at the ceiling, you're likely to stay standing on the floor."

Stranger things have happened. Vicente!

Having said that, I am not expecting it to happen, but you never know.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Forget that it's nonsense.

It would be wonderful. Apart from the "Yaya Kolo" song you could also adapt Avril Lavignes 2009 hit "Girlfriend"

Ya-ya Tou-re I don't like your agent
No way No way. I think you need a new one
Ya Ya Toure. We won't forget your Birthday
No Way. No Way. Surely you are due one

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Seems legit. The guy on 250k a week that is clearly motivated by money will forego the inevitable chance to go to China and earn £500k a week tax-free to join us. For ****'s sake.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here