Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French presidential election.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As long as many of NSC's more strident Brexit supporters aren't looking, I think we can say that we do all agree on that.

Although we're right to perspire a bit, we shouldn't be too depressed - the situation that sees a far right candidate in a two-horse race is really a side-effect of the French electoral procedure: the FN's ticket to the race was its ability to garner a bit over 20 per cent of the vote in the first round, less than Macron, less than it hoped for and of course less than that other lot you enjoy describing as extremist lunatics, those malevolent plotters known as the Liberal Democrat Party, gained in the 2010 UK general election. And what happened (he added glumly) to it?

Gwylan's point about Melenchon is well-made - you can see someone suggesting that the top three parties go through to a second round in future, with a final run-off if necessary.

Indeed the whole election has been impossible to predict with favourites falling away, unknowns surging to the front and sudden significant increases in support for others. Hopefully there isn't a further dramatic twist.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fascinating character, Macron.

His wife is twenty four years older than him: they met when he was a fifteen year old schoolboy and she his teacher. She left her husband and three kids for him, and they're still together many years later.

Can't help feeling the UK press would have made a lot more of such a scenario in the life of an English politician (the pupil-teacher thing as much as the age gap), but I guess the French have always been a bit more c'est la vie about so-called sexual scandal than Les Anglaises.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's about as loopy as saying that because the Albion doesn't have that many ethnic minority season ticket holders it is a racist organisation.

You are just as stupid as when I went on holiday.How you can compare the Albion to a Quango like the EU,I really don't know!As an organisation supposedly representing the people of the European Community,it's a Whiteys club,with little or no ethnic or religious minority representation.The Albion has a much broader ethnic mix.
Was still able to fly to France,and get in on my British passport-quelle surprise!:lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You are just as stupid as when I went on holiday.How you can compare the Albion to a Quango like the EU,I really don't know!As an organisation supposedly representing the people of the European Community,it's a Whiteys club,with little or no ethnic or religious minority representation.The Albion has a much broader ethnic mix.
Was still able to fly to France,and get in on my British passport-quelle surprise!:lolol:

As ever, I fear you are the one being stupid. I was not 'comparing the Albion to a quango' - I was using the Albion example to draw attention to the daftness of your assertion. That is very different. (I'd try to explain more clearly but as it once took me about ten posts to convince you that a claim that the EU border was about to move to Syria was utterly loopy I really can't be bothered.)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Most of Europe IS white and Christian.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

...oh, and I'm surprised that anyone can arrange to be in France when the Albion are playing such momentous games.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

His wife is twenty four years older than him: they met when he was a fifteen year old schoolboy and she his teacher. She left her husband and three kids for him, and they're still together many years later.

Can't help feeling the UK press would have made a lot more of such a scenario in the life of an English politician (the pupil-teacher thing as much as the age gap), but I guess the French have always been a bit more c'est la vie about so-called sexual scandal than Les Anglaises.

I can't help feeling the U.K. press would have been right to make more of it. Any such relationship between teacher and pupil is exploitative. There's nothing 'so-called' about it.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I can't help feeling the U.K. press would have been right to make more of it. Any such relationship between teacher and pupil is exploitative. There's nothing 'so-called' about it.

Exactly, the guy was stalked by a sexual predator and possibly raped too, and now he's married to her? Sounds like he needs a lot of help as opposed to ruling a country.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Indeed, Hollande would not have survived the 'scooter to see the floozy' scandal in an Anglo Saxon country. Not sure whether it is good thing or bad thing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Indeed, Hollande would not have survived the 'scooter to see the floozy' scandal in an Anglo Saxon country. Not sure whether it is good thing or bad thing.

Depends what you mean by anglo-saxon: Clinton had several sexual skeletons in his closet and got elected twice and Trump had a checkered history too - it did neither of them harm.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm certainly not saying any of those hacked documents cast a shadow over Macron. However if the election goes ahead, he wins and subsequently information proves he has been devious (or indeed M. Le Pen is right about offshore money hiding) there may be massive recriminations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here