Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
"Labour politicians"? No link? Come on, a name and a verbatim quote would be good otherwise your point is entirely worthless.

Fair enough. I can picture the individual now -he was part of the Miliband jetset talking about the Blair years, but cannot for the life of me put a name to it. Perhaps those on here who foloow politics more can help.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I would not for one moment dispute your figures, but I think that what infuriated folk was the later admitting by Labour politicians that they had deliberately encouraged mass and uncontrolled immigration to put one over "racists" - racists being anyone who disagreed with them.

Labour politicians admitted they encouraged mass uncontrolled immigration to put one over racists?!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Fair enough. I can picture the individual now -he was part of the Miliband jetset talking about the Blair years, but cannot for the life of me put a name to it. Perhaps those on here who foloow politics more can help.

I don't follow medicine but quite fancy being a brain surgeon :facepalm:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I can just imagine this:

Gordon: You know what Tony?
Tony: what's that Gordon?
G: we should encourage mass uncontrolled immigration to put one over racists.
T: that's a @#&*ing great idea Gordon, that'll teach the racists!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can just imagine this:

Very astute! - particularly now that the source for the remarks you were denigrating as ludicrous has been identified!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

So hang on. A huge number of people were infuriated by a quote that's so famous that you cannot remember or attribute it, even while you're sitting on the internet, a keystroke away from Google?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
She also visited Eastbourne - usual farce in one of the nicer parts of the town. I'm sure the rapidly growing number of homeless people on town centre and seafront streets were reassured by her interest in them.

I'm sure she'll be back in Eastbourne too - it is a key marginal and her birthplace after-all. Perhaps she'll venture further east next time as well though and drop in to support Amber Rudd in Hastings & Rye and perhaps go on a walkabout through the town centre to the Salvation Army foodbank or maybe wander up London Road in St. Leonards from the seafront where the homeless and street drinkers congregate, past the bus stop with Eastern European staff getting the 26a to The Conquest Hospital and then visit the Job Centre Plus to see all the fine work The DWP do for ordinary people for herself in front of the cameras.

Probably be a quick walkabout in front of some supporters though then a written interview with The Hastings & St. Leonards Observer on strong and stable leadership though.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Very astute! - particularly now that the source for the remarks you were denigrating as ludicrous has been identified!

Where is the source that labour encouraged mass uncontrolled immigration to put one over racists?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I can just imagine this:

Great imagination, truly epic.
It was done for votes and was encouraged, I believe Mandelson backed this view up.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like my ward has eschewed the 3 candidates who live within it in favour of a Tory who lives 15 miles away. I'm sure he'll have my interests at heart.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
John McConnell said the Labour party has"held it's own"and if they get fair coverage in the run up to the election Corbyn and his policies will come across to the electorate.

so Labour are already blaming the pitch.

i dont understand how losing councils in Labour heartlands is "holding their own", they cant blame the media when losing to independents in Gwent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What really happened:
G: Immigrants vote Labour, we should encourage more
T: that's a @#&*ing great idea Gordon

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The post before yours!

That article is not a labour politician saying that they encouraged mass uncontrolled immigration to put one over racists.

It's an ex labour advisor saying that labour encouraged immigration to make the Uk more multicultural. In addition they 'sensed' it was to 'rub the rights nose In It'.

Not the same surely?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
So hang on. A huge number of people were infuriated by a quote that's so famous that you cannot remember or attribute it, even while you're sitting on the internet, a keystroke away from Google?

Don't give me that. This happened several years ago and the quote, which has now been made available, was from someone whose name would not have been remembered by me or indeed anyone, but at least you can now see what I was talking about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That article is not a labour politician saying that they encouraged mass uncontrolled immigration to put one over racists.

It's an ex labour advisor saying that labour encouraged immigration to make the Uk more multicultural. In addition they 'sensed' it was to 'rub the rights nose In It'.

Not the same surely?
Now you're just digging a deeper hole for the sake of it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here