Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Phoenix 10k is excellent and definitely a good NSC meet up event. I am aiming fir sub 50 this year (51.06 current PB). However I am now on the injury list after my two marathons in 21 days. My right knee has decided to fall apart, I cant straighten it without getting shooting pains through it! Giving it a rest over Easter otherwise I may be seeking the help of Jesus! Next race is 21st May the excellent Horsham 10k so hope to be ready for that. I can honestly say this is the first time I have picked up an injury in a race. Anyway will be at Wolves tomorrow, so that will take my mind off it!

Agree on the Phoenix, great event.
If you're knee is not swollen, hot or painful, when not straightened, I have a stretch. Still waiting for a pint from [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] for giving it to him.:lolol:
Any PAIN don't start. Any pain during stretch stop.
Lie face down on a mat. Grab foot with hand and bring heel to buttock. The stretch is felt in the front of the thigh. Do both legs.

I'd get Jesus or someone to look at it myself. That knee has done a lot of mileage and an MOT would be beneficial. Good luck.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree on the Phoenix, great event.
If you're knee is not swollen, hot or painful, when not straightened, I have a stretch. Still waiting for a pint from [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] for giving it to him.:lolol:
Any PAIN don't start. Any pain during stretch stop.
Lie face down on a mat. Grab foot with hand and bring heel to buttock. The stretch is felt in the front of the thigh. Do both legs.

I'd get Jesus or someone to look at it myself. That knee has done a lot of mileage and an MOT would be beneficial. Good luck.

I owe you one for recommending Paul as well. Mind you, you're the one who swanned in to Cardiff's stadium at 2.55 :lolol:

How about some cooking lager at the 2018 marathon finishing line?:angel:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I heard they found out it was 20 m short and your 200+ runs have been declared null and void. Please return your t shirts at the next opportunity. :D
😂😂

That's if you take the racing lines, which I certainly do not!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Up and out for 3 miles of progression with a mile of cool down this morning. Not bad considering last night's diet consisted of Papa John's and Madiran. Must be the [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] technique of running faster after wine since mile 3 was my first sub 8 minute since September last year :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/941297248/overview

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Up and out for 3 miles of progression with a mile of cool down this morning. Not bad considering last night's diet consisted of Papa John's and Madiran. Must be the [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] technique of running faster after wine since mile 3 was my first sub 8 minute since September last year :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/941297248/overview

'Red wine gives you wheels' - NSC Running Group motto.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I have concentrated my training solely on red wine since August. I had a 50 day alcohol free start to the year and it did nothing. Since that I'm working on red wine loading in preparation for a return to gentle jogging later in the summer. It's a great training plan.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How effing cool is this !!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/isquidney/status/853272847925612544

dfe01346d01aefe4f3e0ce60c05e89d2.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Worthing parkrun for me; 20:38 with a 79:08% age grade. The 80% AG (my Holy Grail) is edging a bit closer but may still prove to be elusive.

You old bar steward. That's a brilliant time. Don't you know you're entitled to a free bus pass! Good luck with the 80%. Impressive running.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Cheers. Looking forward to renewing our old git rivalry when you are up and running again.

There is no rivalry unless you drop down to 76%. You're way ahead.
My plan is to build running endurance over the rest of the year. No races but mileage, hills, 23" Parkruns and low heart rate work. Then in November will do the 6 week Annapurna trek cancelled from last year. Return from that and start 2018 Brighton Marathon training. Get that out that way and return for the 2018 Phoenix 10k and 5k full out efforts.

I have put myself forward as unelected coordinator for the weakest link relay on 7th June at the Marina. So far I Have pencilled in between 8-12 NSC runners that we can get 2- 3 teams from. I'll get onto this in May after the Villa game and Summer begins.
Hope you can make it. http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Decision day for me. I had been targeting the three forts but training had not gone as well as I had hoped. However, today I managed 20 miles in 3:55 and feel confident to go for it. But being on the 30th means curtailing Championship-winning celebrations at the City game. Decisions, decisions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Decision day for me. I had been targeting the three forts but training had not gone as well as I had hoped. However, today I managed 20 miles in 3:55 and feel confident to go for it. But being on the 30th means curtailing Championship-winning celebrations at the City game. Decisions, decisions.

Same here. Have decided to take Three Forts gently, nursing an inevitable hangover [emoji106]

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Good luck, i think go for it. I'm guide running in a 10 miler that day. It really will be the blind leading the blind with the probable hangover.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
There is no rivalry unless you drop down to 76%. You're way ahead.
My plan is to build running endurance over the rest of the year. No races but mileage, hills, 23" Parkruns and low heart rate work. Then in November will do the 6 week Annapurna trek cancelled from last year. Return from that and start 2018 Brighton Marathon training. Get that out that way and return for the 2018 Phoenix 10k and 5k full out efforts.

I have put myself forward as unelected coordinator for the weakest link relay on 7th June at the Marina. So far I Have pencilled in between 8-12 NSC runners that we can get 2- 3 teams from. I'll get onto this in May after the Villa game and Summer begins.
Hope you can make it. http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run

Not that I'd be an automatic selection but I'm afraid I'll be away at the time of this event - in beautiful Scunthorpe, from which named location you will rightly infer that this is for work and not recreational purposes. I'll be cheering from afar; there's not much else to do in Scunthorpe.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Out and about for 11 miles ahead of VLM on Sunday. Apologies to those offended by the first picture...
ba2f28a642f9305822c0df39f13e55b8.jpg
f807939a84236fdbea2698a9e3d5ce96.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here