Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(O/T) Computer Help

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
Hi all

There seems to be alot of good techies here so thought id fire away and ask, currently getting this on some pages (thumbnails not showing) (I have tried clearing cache etc...) (Google chrome, screenshot below)

and also on some websites that has a 'Capcha' 'Im not a robot' tick box wont load properly
so it wont let me advance to the next page, wondering if anyone has any ideas?

http://pasteboard.co/zxLhHfXjQ.jpg

Dec 29, 2011
Can you right click on the image and select 'inspect element' and paste an image of the code that it shows, that'd help somewhat.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Whilst we are on the subject I have just got a new PC and I installed W7Pro. It's a nightmare trying to save anything to any folder as I don't have permission blah, blah, blah. Tried reading all about user permissions and stuff but it is like trying to crack the enigma code. Any simple way to overcome this

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
I can right click on it but only comes up with 'Inspect' and when i do that a box on the right comes up with quite alot of information

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
When that page appears instead of the page you were expecting, does it have the address of https://myaccount.google.com/?pli=1
(I am assuming that what is happening is that you click on a link, and that page that you posted an image of appears?)

If so, it is highly likely that Google is 'inserting; that page, as it what you to confirm that you are happy with your current settings - for example, they recently changed their privacy settings, and are trying to get everyone to agree with what they want to show you, capture from you store about you etc. This is quite 'normal' behaviour - there is a whole other debate to be had about what Google collects, what you should share with Google and others etc - but don't fret too much about that page, as long as you can be sure it is from Google.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=11730]Zamora 25[/MENTION]

Are you saying that images aren't loading? Can you please tell us your operating system, and check whether the issue exists on other browsers?

If it's only chrome it's worth trying the cleanup tool https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

If it's all browsers, could be malware related, or several other possibilities? Get back to this thread when you have a chance and we'll go from there.

Dec 29, 2011
I can right click on it but only comes up with 'Inspect' and when i do that a box on the right comes up with quite alot of information

Have you tried other browsers? Have you tried clearing your cache? Sounds like an odd problem, did you say it's only NSC and Google that the images don't show up on, or is there more sites?

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
Any idea's on this one?

It only seems to be an issue with Google stuff and even with Maps it doesnt allow me to use streetview

[MENTION=22906]GingerBeerMan[/MENTION] [MENTION=33965]FatSuperman[/MENTION] [MENTION=34704]PeterOut[/MENTION]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hi all

There seems to be alot of good techies here so thought id fire away and ask, currently getting this on some pages (thumbnails not showing) (I have tried clearing cache etc...) (Google chrome, screenshot below)

and also on some websites that has a 'Capcha' 'Im not a robot' tick box wont load properly
so it wont let me advance to the next page, wondering if anyone has any ideas?

http://pasteboard.co/zxLhHfXjQ.jpg

Have you tried running Malwarebytes, just to double check you've got no malware or adware messing with things?

Even if you have a firewall / antivirus, worth a check.

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
Have you tried running Malwarebytes, just to double check you've got no malware or adware messing with things?

Even if you have a firewall / antivirus, worth a check.

Yeah ran malwarebytes no malware or adware issues, but last week I did have some malware problems which a friend of mine managed to sort out for me but now its just leaving me with this problem .... ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

EDIT: a further 129 threats found... cant seem to cure this one!

Sulcy

Sep 23, 2015
Firstly I'd download another browser (Firefox/Safari) and see if you get the same issues. If not, uninstall then reinstall Chrome and see if that solves it.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Give this a try [MENTION=11730]Zamora 25[/MENTION]

Open CMD (command prompt) Admin and RUN below command one by one.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset

Now Restart your computer to get rid of the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
Give this a try [MENTION=11730]Zamora 25[/MENTION]

Open CMD (command prompt) Admin and RUN below command one by one.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset

Now Restart your computer to get rid of the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

Tried that, still happening, I did read somewhere to try.... going into.... C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc then a file called hosts
open with notepad delete all entries and replace with 127.0.0.1

will give this a try later but not sure if it will solve it, worth a try tho

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Tried that, still happening, I did read somewhere to try.... going into.... C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc then a file called hosts

I had the issue and this fixed it

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

If you are going to play with the hosts files I would copy the contents and paste into another txt file before changing anything.. This way you can always put it back...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here