Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Any decent/interesting additions out there lately?

I picked up a 558CP Gloom (evolved form of Oddish) today, a 305CP Poliwhirl yesterday and hatched a 313CP Doduo a couple of days ago - Pokedex is now Caught 71, Seen 74 (still missing Charmander, Weepinbell and Slowbro of those I've seen).

My next evolution will hopefully be to get a Tentacruel, seeing as Tentacools seem to be plentiful here.

Evolved a 400+cp Tentacool after hatching it from an egg yesterday, with a Tentacruel at 1100+cp after one power up. Other than that have yet to see anything special when I've had the chance to go for a wander.

69 seen and caught. Waiting on one Meowth and Nidoran (F) & to evolve them for new additions to the Pokedex.

What does everyone make of the latest update? Like the slicker look to the capture battles, though hopefully they are still working on getting the tracker system sorted again, as the paw-prints are now completely gone.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Any decent/interesting additions out there lately?

I picked up a 558CP Gloom (evolved form of Oddish) today, a 305CP Poliwhirl yesterday and hatched a 313CP Doduo a couple of days ago - Pokedex is now Caught 71, Seen 74 (still missing Charmander, Weepinbell and Slowbro of those I've seen).

My next evolution will hopefully be to get a Tentacruel, seeing as Tentacools seem to be plentiful here.

Been struggling for any decent Pokemon for a while now, last thing was a CP 657 Electabuzz I found in Southwick Square, and a 508CP Porygon I hatched from an Egg. Had a Snorlax turn up at my house earlier but I was low on balls and it got away.

On the plus side I currently have 9 Pokemon ready to evolve, (4 in to new Pokemon) and I'm a couple off a few others.

304CP Squirtle, 215 Pidgey (all the way to Pidgeot) & a 338CP Drowzee are the main ones I'm ready to evolve. Going to stick a lucky egg on and hopefully boost from level 12 to 14/15.

Not sure about anyone else, but I personally haven't spent a penny on it thus far and have no immediate intention of so doing.

Yet to spend a penny on the game, but I keep getting temped to buy a couple of incubators so I can smash through a load of 5k eggs that seem to be piling up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been struggling for any decent Pokemon for a while now, last thing was a CP 657 Electabuzz I found in Southwick Square, and a 508CP Porygon I hatched from an Egg. Had a Snorlax turn up at my house earlier but I was low on balls and it got away.

On the plus side I currently have 9 Pokemon ready to evolve, (4 in to new Pokemon) and I'm a couple off a few others.

304CP Squirtle, 215 Pidgey (all the way to Pidgeot) & a 338CP Drowzee are the main ones I'm ready to evolve. Going to stick a lucky egg on and hopefully boost from level 12 to 14/15.

Yet to spend a penny on the game, but I keep getting temped to buy a couple of incubators so I can smash through a load of 5k eggs that seem to be piling up.

Go for the 10K eggs first if you can, I hatched one and got a Magmar of 934CP ! I'm very tempted to buy incubators but I will resist !

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
You get 10 coins and 500 stardust per gym you hold every 21 hours, you have to go to the shop to collect it though. I have 130, 80 of which is going on a Lucky Egg, which will hopefully get me to level 20 and Ultra Balls.

Bit of help for those hatching eggs:
2 km Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp
5 km Ekans, Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Vulpix, Oddish, Paras, Venonat, Diglett, Meowth, Psyduck, Mankey, Growlithe, Poliwag, Abra, Machop, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Ponyta, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Shellder, Gastly, Drowzee, Krabby, Voltorb, Exeggcute, Cubone, Lickitung, Koffing, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Kangaskhan, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, Mr. Mime, Tauros, Porygon
10 km Onix, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey, Scyther, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Lapras, Eevee, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Dratini

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What does everyone make of the latest update? Like the slicker look to the capture battles, though hopefully they are still working on getting the tracker system sorted again, as the paw-prints are now completely gone.

I like the updated visuals. From what I understand the removal of the tracker is indeed supposed to be a temporary thing until they can actually get it working as intended.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Go for the 10K eggs first if you can, I hatched one and got a Magmar of 934CP ! I'm very tempted to buy incubators but I will resist !

The problem is I'm not getting any 10k eggs! I had one and got an Onyx at level 6/7 but haven't had one since.

Have no problem with 2k eggs as you can hatch them so quickly and there's a good chance of a decent Pokemon. 5k ones just seem to stockpile though and there's a good chance you'll end up with you 437th Drowzee.0

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Don't get it personally, but my teenagers have knocked up about 55km over the weekend so must be good! Slightly worrying that they keep meeting up with groups of 40 something who always appear to be smoking some "Stuff".
I could be missing out ....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've done it 6-7 times, worked every time.

Rename eevee, quit the game, log back in (let the server update your game save), evolve, easy done.

Yep, definitely seems to work multiple times - just got a Flareon to go with my Vaporeon by this method. :thumbsup:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nothing huge recently, evolved a Clefairy to end up with a CP969 Clefable, also missed out on an Omanyte down on LA seafront earlier. Also caught upgrades of certain ones, Exeggcute, Pikachu, Kingler, Poliwag etc.

Went to L18 earlier, Seen 81 and caught 77: Tentacruel, Dodrio, Omanyte and Dragonite are the 4 that have escaped my grasp.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Perhaps just a co-incidence, but there did seem to be a lot of Jigglypuffs and Clefairys spawning in Brighton today.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Evolved a 400+cp Tentacool after hatching it from an egg yesterday, with a Tentacruel at 1100+cp after one power up. Other than that have yet to see anything special when I've had the chance to go for a wander.

69 seen and caught. Waiting on one Meowth and Nidoran (F) & to evolve them for new additions to the Pokedex.

Not sure if the tracker system ever worked, I am getting fed up a bit now, I just can't seem to catch anything different....I'm level 17 and have seen 62 , caught 60. my life is Pigeons, Bats and Rats.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Got to Level 20 yesterday, 50000xp required to go up a level now. Caught 82 Seen 84 (Electabuzz and Cubone escaped me..)

Repping a 1305 Clefable,1255 Flareon, 1092 Vaporeon, 1062 Nidoking, 1006 Scyther and a 986 Tentacruel as my main squad.

Some little shit asked if I was playing, I proudly showed off my Snorlax and he transferred it. Absolutely devastating.

Getting everything ready to evolve (stockpile Pidgey/Weedle/Ratata/Caterpie candies), sticking on a lucky egg and doing them all in one go whilst on a walk is definitely the way to do it.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Got to level 21 about midweek, but duly ran out of mobile data in the process and have got to wait until Wednesday to play again. FML!

My main squad consists of 1659 and 1233 Lapras', 1434 Vaporeon, 1321 Flareon, about five 1000+ Hypno's and a 1053 Magneton.

Caught 96 in total, but have got enough candies to evolve 3 or 4 others, just waiting to catch some slightly higher CP versions before evolving!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I'm on Level 20 (Just under 18000 too 21) lucky I have a pokestop at my work to top up my balls (snigger) but not very often that I get any good Pokemon show up at work (home is even worse and pokestop just out of reach). I did catch a 923 Dewgong yesterday at work though.
I have caught 83 Pokemon so far, only missing the Doduo which I haven't seen since.
My problem is that I tend to evolve as soon as I can can and not wait until I use a lucky egg, otherwise I would easily be a level or 2 up.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Our religious authorities decided to label Pokemon Go as 'haram' here in Malaysia :facepalm: I'm currently still FUMING

Our moderate Southeast Asian Islam is being gradually replaced by the despised Wahabiism

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well late to this. Was drawn in today after a family row. My 5 year old luzzed all of my 8 year olds pokeballs.

Quick question. We appear to live in spinning distance of a pokestop. Consequently both my lads have 9 eggs none of which have hatched. Is it one at a time with the app open to get the distance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here