Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It might be this season's white shorts, but he looks to me as if he's carrying quite a lot of weight around his rear end, which doesn't exactly fit with his notion that he's at some sort of peak of fitness.

Ah but it does fit into his music career, shaking his booty.....

[yt]iHsSXiUdteE[/yt]

Sorry Tom Hark Preston Park, I could not help myself....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Dover Athletic are looking for a new striker. He might fit the bill?

Joking apart - would it be such a bad thing to have the 2nd half of the season on loan at a Championship club? He might score a few goals and get his confidence up and come back in the summer a better player?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Joking apart - would it be such a bad thing to have the 2nd half of the season on loan at a Championship club? He might score a few goals and get his confidence up and come back in the summer a better player?

If he can’t play like Murray he will never fit into CH’s current tactics though, so still wouldn’t get game time.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

He has already said he is not going, I fear that would bring on a full scale water works and strop from out musical diva, the likes we have not seen since Micky Thomas...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
You just know them up the road will buy him for 5 million in January and he will score 10 goals in 15 games.....you just know it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Building a team around one player's strengths is always going to be a non-starter tho eh? I'd suggest its down to the recruitment team to, er, recruit players to slot into, and hopefully add to, the existing team structure. Build a team around the 'strengths' of, say, CMS or Locadia? Sake! Never going to happen :rolleyes:

I agree and diagreed with those at the time who said the team/tactics should be built around CMS’s one way of playing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like we are going to drop a bundle of cash here,he has probably halved in value since we bought him.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At least we can dig this thread out in 12 months and do a simple 'find and replace all' of "Locadia" with "Jahanbakhsh." That'll save us all a bit of time .

Funny how the new members who joined NSC when Jahanbakhsh singed - declaring their undying love and loyalty for the Albion - seem to have disappeared just as quickly as they arrived... :shrug:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The broken record still going then.

No idea what your point is, we bought the wrong player for the way we currently play. You can carry on making out this is Locadia’s fault, your perogative.

The witch hunt on NSC irritates the **** out of me. Barnes and Guy Butters all over again.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No idea what your point is, we bought the wrong player for the way we currently play. You can carry on making out this is Locadia’s fault, your perogative.

The witch hunt on NSC irritates the **** out of me. Barnes and Guy Butters all over again.

A difference is that Barnes and Butters kept their heads down, and produced the goods on the pitch. Locadia’s has shown no sign of excelling at anything, yet has mouthed off to the media after just a few months.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A difference is that Barnes and Butters kept their heads down, and produced the goods on the pitch. Locadia’s has shown no sign of excelling at anything, yet has mouthed off to the media after just a few months.

I think you might have struggled to find that many on NSC who thought Barnes produced the goods when he was here. Slagged off by some during games and loads after it. One **** in a pub after the game tried to tell me it was Barnes fault we got thrashed at Liverpool in the cup.

Edna Krabappel even put up a cringeworthy ebay sale of Butters.

I think you may have blanked the memory of the abuse both of them got (Butters before he got some game time)

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you might have struggled to find that many on NSC who thought Barnes produced the goods when he was here. Slagged off by some during games and loads after it. One **** in a pub after the game tried to tell me it was Barnes fault we got thrashed at Liverpool in the cup.

Edna Krabappel even put up a cringeworthy ebay sale of Butters.

I think you may have blanked the memory of the abuse both of them got (Butters before he got some game time)

We’re singing from the same hymn sheet on all this I think.

This is my take on Barnes’s time at the Albion - the vast majority of fans attending games (both League One and Championship) and on NSC rated the player highly. Seeing a very young striker arrive from Plymouth for a bargain fee, and contribute brilliantly with vital goals and a tenacious style (never afraid of older bruisers of players). Also bloody adaptable, being shunted to midfield as part of the CMS conundrum.

Then there were the spiteful bitches and football dimwits, slagging off his personality in interviews and rating him a lower league donkey. IMO just a very noisy minority.

That type will always exist, I don’t worry about them. Muzza, Stephens, Lopez, Ryan, have also had their haters, who get proved wrong over and over again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We’re singing from the same hymn sheet on all this I think.

This is my take on Barnes’s time at the Albion - the vast majority of fans attending games (both League One and Championship) and on NSC rated the player highly. Seeing a very young striker arrive from Plymouth for a bargain fee, and contribute brilliantly with vital goals and a tenacious style (never afraid of older bruisers of players). Also bloody adaptable, being shunted to midfield as part of the CMS conundrum.

Then there were the spiteful bitches and football dimwits, slagging off his personality in interviews and rating him a lower league donkey. IMO just a very noisy minority.

That type will always exist, I don’t worry about them. Muzza, Stephens, Lopez, Ryan, have also had their haters, who get proved wrong over and over again.

T'is the Brighton way.
We really can be shite 'fans', and it's not a t'internet thing either as anyone at The Goldstone for a minutes silence, while Codnor was in the team will testify.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I'm going to disagree with you on that as having Murray up front does have a big bearing on the way we play and chances we create away from home as he has no pace so isn't much help on the counter and doesn't stretch the pitch enough to create space for the midfielders to break in to. This is not meant to be a Murray bash as I think he is great and is obviously massively important to us overall but the amount of times in away games we've defended well, then tried to break but had no one up the pitch quick enough has been incredibly frustrating. On the few times this season the wingers we have with pace have broken up field and looked up, they've got no one with them as the two centre midfielders and Murray are too deep and slow to catch up.

It's got to be worth a go for a few games hasn't it? As you say, we're not creating chances at the moment and I can't see any options in midfield that will change this.

Thanks, you put it better than I did. Also, I think Andone did show enough at Cardiff to warrant some away starts.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
T'is the Brighton way.
We really can be shite 'fans', and it's not a t'internet thing either as anyone at The Goldstone for a minutes silence, while Codnor was in the team will testify.

As a carefree kid at the Goldstone I loved all the Albion players, they’re all heroes. Almost a shock later on when you discover cynics, miseries and the jealous have it in for players of their own club. The posters on here even just a year ago who personally despised Muzza (all gone quiet since) are pretty sad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here