Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Where are the best pub quizzes in Sussex?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I take what you mean on board Mr P but I have been known to agree with BG (not often but I have)
He's a big boy, he can handle it

Fair play, Billy :thumbsup:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The Duke of Wellington in Upper Gloucester Road on the last Sunday of the month is where it's at.

I hear the host is good looking and charm personified. ;-)

The next quiz there is on Sunday 28 October. Expect there will be a few Halloween themed questions. Always good to see some new faces.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Hove Station on a Wednesday

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Apart from plugging my own quiz, I attended the Ladies Mile pub quiz last night on Mackie Avenue in Patcham. They a monthly quiz on the first Wednesday night of the month. The quiz is good and competitive, it's very well attended and they always have a raffle that raises money for charity.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
No idea now, but a few years ago The Crescent was the one to attend.

Teams ranging from pipe smoking cardi wearing bearded profs to keen students, some real tough questions in there.

Good fun.

Yes a work colleague used to go to that and would bring in the monthly quiz sheet for us at work to have a go at - bloody good quiz.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I met the bloke who runs the quiz at the Corner House in Worthing the other day- sadly we couldn't stay to take part as we were going to see the 'Turkish Star Wars' film instead.

There's a number of good quizzes in Worthing - not that I have time to attend many.

He did say that the newly re-launched Cow and Oak have a just started a quiz also.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Have enjoyed the quiz at The Reservoir on a Sunday. Good questions, fun and doesn't go on too long.

Tuesday night at The Wick is good too.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s tricky in Brighton. So many of the pubs are overrun with hipsters and so the quizzes, also run by wannabe comedian hipsters , tend to be made up of plasticine or Lego games, play your cards right and other parlour games or themed around TV progs. Some people love that but I prefer a more traditional approach with the odd quirk thrown in.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bar Broadway in Brighton. 8pm start on a Thursday.

Light-hearted and fun. Good prizes with rollover prizes.

(Probably not for the Brain of Britain type quizzer though!)

Pickles

May 5, 2014
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I met the bloke who runs the quiz at the Corner House in Worthing the other day- sadly we couldn't stay to take part as we were going to see the 'Turkish Star Wars' film instead.

There's a number of good quizzes in Worthing - not that I have time to attend many.

He did say that the newly re-launched Cow and Oak have a just started a quiz also.

I'm thinking that's my old mate, Gareth, who looks like a bit of a hippie?

If so, he does a great quiz in different pubs, and is a hell of a guitarist and singer as well.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
There is a lot of cheating going on with people using iphones, Recently someone had the correct answer for who invented car windscreen wipers!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here