Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesbrough U23 v Brighton U23 Tonight 19.00 K.O

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Gyokeres has been a revelation since he arrived ,it can be done via the playoffs i think .

I only follow this thread for most matches, but it seems to be Bjordal that is constantly involved. Bloom always said the DS is a long-term project, but there appear to be quite a few names that might make it (whether with us, or elsewhere).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U23s now on a 9-match unbeaten run in all competitions, with a goal difference of 21-3 in that period (and 6 clean sheets).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I only follow this thread for most matches, but it seems to be Bjordal that is constantly involved. Bloom always said the DS is a long-term project, but there appear to be quite a few names that might make it (whether with us, or elsewhere).

Bjordal scored his 9th goal of the season this evening (and 5th in his last 8 games). His contract expires this summer so I wonder if Albion have seen enough to give him an extension?

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very very impressive.

Surely a striker graduating to the 1st team squad and then team is the target (although I’d take position).

Could we be the new Southampton?

And if so, which top 6 club would we be the feeder team for?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very very impressive.

Surely a striker graduating to the 1st team squad and then team is the target (although I’d take position).

Could we be the new Southampton?

And if so, which top 6 club would we be the feeder team for?

Palace, shurely?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Reet then, just back from the game.

Firstly, I have seen far worse standard first team games than that! Overall, this was a very impressive performance against a supposedly good side. Other than the first 8 minutes, we controlled the game and Middlesbrough rarely threatened.

We scored with our first chance, a fantastic cross from the right from Sanders over the defence was knocked back by Bjordal for Gyokeres to slot it into the corner past the keeper. Easy Peasy. The 2 Brighton fans in the crowd and the subs all cheered. Boro tried hard to get back into the game, but other than a few jinky runs from their number 11, didn't do much. Anything that came the defences way was mopped up by Tom Dallison and Ben Barclay.

We scored from our second chance - another through ball from Sanders was chased down by Gyokeres who was actually fouled on the edge of the box, but the ball ran loose, the ref played on Bjordal slotted home past the keeper. The 2 Brighton fans and the subs cheered a bit louder this time. Everyone was expecting the ref to give the foul, so well done him for not doing so.

Boro huffed and puffed bu again created nothing. Connolly had a good shot saved just before half time. After the break, more of the same. Brighton in control. The 3rd goal came from a corner, yes I will say that again - WE SCORED FROM A CORNER! Ball floated over to the far post, the Goalie did a Petr Cech and tried to reach it, failed miserably and Barclay just nodded it in to the empty net. Scenes on the terracing as a outbreak of moaning from the locals drowned out the rapturous celebrations of massed blue and white army.

Not much happened after that really - the red card was a nasty challenge and deserved, although Boro didn't think so. Mandroui came on second half for 15 minutes, Owen Moore came on for Barclay and Davies came on for Gyokeres.

Onto the players:

Sanchez - not a lot to do, but was solid when called upon. Has a big gob on him which is always a good thing for a keeper.
Mateju - Very good. Linked up well with Tilley and the midfield, has a good cross on him and did well against quite a tricky winger in Coulson.
Cox - Also very good. Talks a lot, has great anticipation and also has a very good cross on him.
Barclay - Struggled a bit a first but got into the game more as it went on.
Dallison - Another good player. Made a couple of mistakes but quickly rectified them. Very good in the air and didn't really give their attack a sniff.
Sanders - Excellent player. Ran the show. Always seems to have space, looks for the forward pass but not afraid to keep things simple either.
Alzate - Another very good player. Quietly efficient
Tilley - Bit disappointing. Tried a few things that didn't come off. Not his night.
Bjordal - Very good. He is quite a unit, is quick, helps defend well, has a great first touch and took his goal very well. He is not another Jose sadly, but he has some talent.
Connolly - Quiet start but got better. Quick, annoys the defenders, good movement. Struggles to hold the ball up sometimes but he is not the biggest.
Gyokeres - This guy is good. Very good. Holds the ball up, has good feet, draws fouls when required, finishes well. He is a young Glenn Murray. If he can learn all the tricks from the master himself, he could do very well. Looked knackered when he came off though.

Moore - Is he a centre back? He is a bit small. Did ok though
Davies - Came close towards the end from the long range shot. Looked alright
Mandroiu - Didn't play for long but he looked good. Has good touch.

I was impressed. They looked very solid, some excellent passing and interplay and were rarely troubled. Standout players for me were Big Victor, Sanders, Bjordal, Dallison and Cox. The best £3 I have spent in ages. Attendance: 170

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Firstly, I have seen far worse standard first team games than that! Overall, this was a very impressive performance against a supposedly good side. Other than the first 8 minutes, we controlled the game and Middlesbrough rarely threatened.

We scored with our first chance, a fantastic cross from the right from Sanders over the defence was knocked back by Bjordal for Gyokeres to slot it into the corner past the keeper. Easy Peasy. The 2 Brighton fans in the crowd and the subs all cheered. Boro tried hard to get back into the game, but other than a few jinky runs from their number 11, didn't do much. Anything that came the defences way was mopped up by Tom Dallison and Ben Barclay.

We scored from our second chance - another through ball from Sanders was chased down by Gyokeres who was actually fouled on the edge of the box, but the ball ran loose, the ref played on Bjordal slotted home past the keeper. The 2 Brighton fans and the subs cheered a bit louder this time. Everyone was expecting the ref to give the foul, so well done him for not doing so.

Boro huffed and puffed bu again created nothing. Connolly had a good shot saved just before half time. After the break, more of the same. Brighton in control. The 3rd goal came from a corner, yes I will say that again - WE SCORED FROM A CORNER! Ball floated over to the far post, the Goalie did a Petr Cech and tried to reach it, failed miserably and Barclay just nodded it in to the empty net. Scenes on the terracing as a outbreak of moaning from the locals drowned out the rapturous celebrations of massed blue and white army.

Not much happened after that really - the red card was a nasty challenge and deserved, although Boro didn't think so. Mandroui came on second half for 15 minutes, Owen Moore came on for Barclay and Davies came on for Gyokeres.

Onto the players:

Sanchez - not a lot to do, but was solid when called upon. Has a big gob on him which is always a good thing for a keeper.
Mateju - Very good. Linked up well with Tilley and the midfield, has a good cross on him and did well against quite a tricky winger in Coulson.
Cox - Also very good. Talks a lot, has great anticipation and also has a very good cross on him.
Barclay - Struggled a bit a first but got into the game more as it went on.
Dallison - Another good player. Made a couple of mistakes but quickly rectified them. Very good in the air and didn't really give their attack a sniff.
Sanders - Excellent player. Ran the show. Always seems to have space, looks for the forward pass but not afraid to keep things simple either.
Alzate - Another very good player. Quietly efficient
Tilley - Bit disappointing. Tried a few things that didn't come off. Not his night.
Bjordal - Very good. He is quite a unit, is quick, helps defend well, has a great first touch and took his goal very well. He is not another Jose sadly, but he has some talent.
Connolly - Quiet start but got better. Quick, annoys the defenders, good movement. Struggles to hold the ball up sometimes but he is not the biggest.
Gyokeres - This guy is good. Very good. Holds the ball up, has good feet, draws fouls when required, finishes well. He is a young Glenn Murray. If he can learn all the tricks from the master himself, he could do very well. Looked knackered when he came off though.

Moore - Is he a centre back? He is a bit small. Did ok though
Davies - Came close towards the end from the long range shot. Looked alright
Mandroiu - Didn't play for long but he looked good. Has good touch.

I was impressed. They looked very solid, some excellent passing and interplay and were rarely troubled. Standout players for me were Big Victor, Sanders, Bjordal, Dallison and Cox. The best £3 I have spent in ages.
Thanks, great report!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

:clap:

Brilliant stuff, many thanks for taking the trouble to write this up.

I think Sanders has come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months or so, I think he might have a chance of making it. It also looks like we've picked up a good'un in Gyokeres.

Cheers KZN.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
:clap:

Brilliant stuff, many thanks for taking the trouble to write this up.

I think Sanders has come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months or so, I think he might have a chance of making it. It also looks like we've picked up a good'un in Gyokeres.

Cheers KZN.

Pleasure - do you want the teamsheet? It's not very exciting....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bjordal scored his 9th goal of the season this evening (and 5th in his last 8 games). His contract expires this summer so I wonder if Albion have seen enough to give him an extension?

Gyokeres seems to have had the effect on Bjordal that Locadia has had on Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here