Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tom Daley announces baby news

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Two points here Clamp and yes agree with you on screwed-up families with a traditional 'mum and dad' as to your words 'they' don't think thats between themselves possible ? Yet to raise the whole subject away from this thread let,s go for gender selection just like the Nazi,s wanted 70/5 years ago ?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about gender selection in present day or in Nazi regime to offer any valid comment.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
All that matters is a stable and loving environment. Nothing else.

All that threatens the child from there is attitudes like the one that lead to this thread.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Taxi for the OP!

Destination: Britain pre-1967 (sexual offences act)

Passengers: OP, PPF, PC & JRM (he’ll continue the journey to the nineteenth century)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4.9, 4.7, 4.8, 4.6, 4.5, 4.6

Low marks due to the very low degree of technical difficulty on display
I'd have gone lower still.
The OP has seen a very small barrel crammed full of fish, and is standing over it with a rocket propelled harpoon.

A poor thread on every level.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
they are married so they are husbands. That is a matter of law, you are wrong. Is your opinion is that it takes a male and female to bring up Children, if so what about single mothers or fathers ,are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to have children.If not then what is your objection to two males bringing up children, if you are ok with a single male doing it. How do you know the child wasn't conceived "naturally"., and if so what is your objection?
Please put some substance on why they shouldn't be allowed to do this, with some well thought out valid reasoning, or you just appear a complete bigoted homophobic idiot, which I am sure you aren't.

The child wasn't conceived "naturally " into a family environment I'd guess.
For what it's worth, I can see how fertility treatment is great in helping an unfortunate couple to conceive,, but at the end of the day, we were made the way we were, science an' all that....

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
they are married so they are husbands. That is a matter of law, you are wrong. Is your opinion is that it takes a male and female to bring up Children, if so what about single mothers or fathers ,are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to have children.If not then what is your objection to two males bringing up children, if you are ok with a single male doing it. How do you know the child wasn't conceived "naturally"., and if so what is your objection?
Please put some substance on why they shouldn't be allowed to do this, with some well thought out valid reasoning, or you just appear a complete bigoted homophobic idiot, which I am sure you aren't.

Sorry, but it's a basic thing for me. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but marriage is an arrangement between a man and a woman. That's it. Has been for thousands of years and worked pretty well. The law is an ass, to quote Mr Bumble.. And I'm not in favour of single males or single females having children on their own by choice.. If a marriage or partnership breaks down and one of the couple has to bring up the child on his/her own, then regrettable but has to be done. There are many many statistics to confirm that children do better when brought up in two parent (one of each sex) family environment.

As for the child being conceived "naturally", I think you'll find it unlikely that it was conceived naturally by the two guys that are now going to pretend to be its parents.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The child wasn't conceived "naturally " into a family environment I'd guess.
For what it's worth, I can see how fertility treatment is great in helping an unfortunate couple to conceive,, but at the end of the day, we were made the way we were, science an' all that....

What about kids that are adopted?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Sorry, but it's a basic thing for me. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but marriage is an arrangement between a man and a woman. That's it. Has been for thousands of years and worked pretty well. The law is an ass, to quote Mr Bumble.. And I'm not in favour of single males or single females having children on their own by choice.. If a marriage or partnership breaks down and one of the couple has to bring up the child on his/her own, then regrettable but has to be done. There are many many statistics to confirm that children do better when brought up in two parent (one of each sex) family environment.

As for the child being conceived "naturally", I think you'll find it unlikely that it was conceived naturally by the two guys that are now going to pretend to be its parents.

Absolute load of ****ing bullshit. Just admit that you’re homophobic and be done with it.

It’s worked so well for the past however many thousands of years you think that only now are people starting to be allowed to act the way they are and avoid persecution. And yet here we are in 2018 and people like you still like to stick your stone age oar into something that has no impact on you what so ever because of your own vile prejudices.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The British Olympic diver and his husband Dustin Lance Black shared the news on social media.

There is no way gay people should be permitted to have children by whatever bizarre means they acquire them. The incontrovertible fact is that it takes a male and a female to produce babies. If you don't wish to participate in that activity because you prefer your own sex, then hard bloody luck. Guess what? No babies. Can't have it both ways. Heterosexual ... OK you can have kids. Homosexual ... sorry, you can't.

And the guy isn't his "husband", he's his gay partner.

As a father in Brighton I have met a girl with two mums and two dads (all gay) and a boy and a girl who have two dad’s. All three children are happy, well adjusted, superbly cared for children. Would you look to take these children away from their parents?

It might interest you to know that the two dad’s are white and black. Does that upset you too?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Marriage, within modern religion, was more of a financial arrangement. Most of us don't uphold that sentiment now. Just as many people now don't uphold the sentiment it has to between opposite genders. Times move on and marriage, along with many other institutions and beliefs , has moved on too. I applaud that. Many don't. ''twas ever thus.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think it's fine. There must be many gay babies looking for a good home, so why not just give them one of them (no pun intended) . It seems so obvious that I can can't believe nobody else has thought of it. Makes you wonder why I'm not faring better on the most sensible poster thread.:shrug:

In all seriousness, best of luck to them.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

42% of marriages end in divorce. Maybe married couples should do some form of compatibility test before they are allowed to procreate. You could give them a baby licence if they pass

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
42% of marriages end in divorce. Maybe married couples you should do some form of compatibility test before they are allowed to procreate. You could give them a baby licence if they pass

That is also a very good idea.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

"pretend to be its parents"? - by that logic people who adopt children are only pretending to be parents. I think parents are the ones who bring up the child. In all likelihood one of the pair is the biological father.
your definition of marriage is NOT the legal definition so you are as wrong as the OP, unless you are meaning the catholic definition, in which case you contradict you not religious statement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here