Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Idiots at away games

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I went to sit in my office chair to listen to the commentary and found that the CAT had taken stubborn residence. It was a minute into the game, whilst Warren was stumbling over a silent vowel, that it moved. Thanking it with insincere English charm I turned to see that the smug grin it parted with was due to it having taken a retaliatory shit on the seat.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I went to sit in my office chair to listen to the commentary and found that the CAT had taken stubborn residence. It was a minute into the game, whilst Warren was stumbling over a silent vowel, that it moved. Thanking it with insincere English charm I turned to see that the smug grin it parted with was due to it having taken a retaliatory shit on the seat.

When I go to the living room and the dog is sat in MY chair, it knows to move or it's gonna kick off (I'd move seats but its the only one where my laptop charger can reach to). It becomes a bit complicated when my dad is sat where the dog often sits and doesnt move. Poor dog gets most confused at this point and just walks round for a minute before lying down in the most inconvenient place possible, probably as a sign of protest

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I go to the living room and the dog is sat in MY chair, it knows to move or it's gonna kick off (I'd move seats but its the only one where my laptop charger can reach to). It becomes a bit complicated when my dad is sat where the dog often sits and doesnt move. Poor dog gets most confused at this point and just walks round for a minute before lying down in the most inconvenient place possible, probably as a sign of protest

How can you expect obedience and reverence from your canine if you don't apply the rules evenly ?

Next time your Dad sits in that chair you need to give him a good kicking.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
How can you expect obedience and reverence from your canine if you don't apply the rules evenly ?

Next time your Dad sat in that chair you need to give him a good kicking.

Fair point. Except my dad is bigger than me and I dont wanna **** with him. And if I go **** him up I'll probably lose my seat to the cat and the process becomes a bit more complex

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fair point. Except my dad is bigger than me and I dont wanna **** with him. And if I go **** him up I'll probably lose my seat to the cat and the process becomes a bit more complex

If there is a cat involved your fecked anyway. They have long memories.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bore off

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The OP is obviously a story to be read with several handfuls of sodium carbonate but the overall point that either is meant in jest or seriously that last nights stewarding was terrible is correct.
There was severe overcrowding in certain areas, sightline issues, standing in aisles throughout so no access, and the idea of sitting in correct seats had long vanished before i turned up (late).
Some might say suck that up - all away games are like that. Actually i'm not sure i've been to an away game (Fulham to QPR to Hudds to Man U to West Brom to Forest etc) for years where it was like this.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
The game at Southampton was my first away match for many years, I won't be going again didn't expect to be hit over the head with a bloody walking stick.:lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Arrive early if you want your seat, as for the swearing, f*** off.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
Sadly word for word all true and all happened to me last night.

It is something that the clubs need to look at for those travelling with elderly or children.

I would hate to have had my children subjected to the language, songs about the IRA and someone shouting YOU CAAAANT everytime we gave the ball away (Which did happen a lot)

Had there been a fire last night or need to evacuate quickly, all sorts of carnage would have occured.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I miss the old days when there would always be a dog that ran on the pitch and caused chaos, ironically no one used to throw sticks for them!

Funny old world

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
Why do away games attract the very worst of our support?

Yesterday we got to the ground at 7:40 to find a load of people already in our seats. OUR Seats. We had paid good money for them and had to stand in the aisles in what is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a football ground.

Then when we scored the penalty, a very drunk man jumped on me and shouted "FACKING CAM ANNNNN!" in my ear. Yeah great we scored but really is there any need for this??

I went to speak to a steward at half time but they didn't want to know. What is the point in having them there?

Second half was just as bad. A constant stream of foul language from all those around, everyone standing despite me asking nicely if they wouldn't mind sitting down. I was told to **** off twice.

To top it off when Southamton scored in the second half, another man took my Dad's walking stick and threw it in frustration, meaning I had to push to the front to retrieve it.

You don't get this at the Amex, everyone sits in their seats and doesn't stand and those around me don't feel the need to use that sort of language constantly so why is it like this at away games?

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar this season as am writing to Paul Barber, Ralph Krueger at Southampton and the Head of Hampshire Police. It ruined our night out

I would strongly advise you don't go to Palace away then.

Why do away games attract the very worst of our support?

Yesterday we got to the ground at 7:40 to find a load of people already in our seats. OUR Seats. We had paid good money for them and had to stand in the aisles in what is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a football ground.

Then when we scored the penalty, a very drunk man jumped on me and shouted "FACKING CAM ANNNNN!" in my ear. Yeah great we scored but really is there any need for this??

I went to speak to a steward at half time but they didn't want to know. What is the point in having them there?

Second half was just as bad. A constant stream of foul language from all those around, everyone standing despite me asking nicely if they wouldn't mind sitting down. I was told to **** off twice.

To top it off when Southamton scored in the second half, another man took my Dad's walking stick and threw it in frustration, meaning I had to push to the front to retrieve it.

You don't get this at the Amex, everyone sits in their seats and doesn't stand and those around me don't feel the need to use that sort of language constantly so why is it like this at away games?

I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar this season as am writing to Paul Barber, Ralph Krueger at Southampton and the Head of Hampshire Police. It ruined our night out

I blame rotr and ppf:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Luckily my mate got there earlier than us and saved our seats as we got in at 7.44 precisely. I wish he hadn't though as I was right on the edge of the netting next to the Southampton fans. Not only did some of them pen and ink but I was also right next to a copper for the whole game, which inadvertently turned me in to a Grange Hill character. "Flippin 'eck Stephens!", Gosh!", "you pillock".

So, in short I would advise the OP to arrive earlier next time and steal a seat near a copper. No swearing at all and any walking stick shenanigans would result in a smelly Scummer getting it in the schnoz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here