Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You can watch the female equivalents then (with your box of tissues).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't tar us all with your brush, some of us can look at females on tv without resorting to knocking one out.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Such a massive cop out, don't take the easy way out. Tell us what you believe to be the message that is being sent out and people can discuss, agree or disagree.

Can’t be arsed. You’re a clever boy, work it out for yourself.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah **** it. I'm wrong. You're all right.

Hopefully next weekend at the Amex, there will be a hundred or so stunning, large-breasted women strutting around the pitch in bikinis before the game, waving and smiling benignly. In fact, come on: let's make them topless too. It'll bring so much more to the sporting experience, and absolutely will not be sexist or objectifying in any way.

Who's in?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Whatever happened to freedom of choice?
The 'Outraged and Strident' community seem to be dictating to the rest of the world what is acceptable and what isn't.
Funny this as they also want equality of opportunity for women, but seem to be taking away the choice for a number of women to earn a living in a way that they choose.
Interestingly, the pros and cons of this argument re F1/ Ringside girls, very much runs along the lines of known Lefties and Righties on the board.
Surprise, surprise, seems to be the Lefties who want to ban everything and do away with freedom of choice..........now there is something new!!:lolol:???

Cue: more outrage.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ah yes, the days when air stewardesses were sacked when they got to 30 because they were no longer attractive enough.

Why does everyone pick on the 50's ???

The 70's I'd get , but the 50's ? Such a tranquil time period.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The 21st century is the same as every other century before that. Men want look at the hot women and bang them if possible.

Nobody's stopping them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I did make the comment last week that if the girls were dumped from non sporting events such as darts, it was only a matter of time until F1 followed

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Turns out it's just a boring old business decision...

Sean Bratches, a managing director at commercial operations at Formula One, said:

“Over the last year we have looked at a number of areas which we felt needed updating so as to be more in tune with our vision for this great sport.

“While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula one grands prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern-day societal norms.

“We don’t believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula One and its fans, old and new, across the world.”

Yeah, sure it is. :rolleyes:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Given the majority of consumers of the F1 product are male then some good looking ladies goes down very nicely indeed.

If you want some good looking lads at women's sporting events have at it. Go ask for them, go hire some. I can assure you the vast majority of males will not give a flying **** if you do that. Enjoy some hot men, we don't care if you do.

7.8% of the Grand Prix crowd are women. Are they there for the ‘totty’ as well?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Hopefully next weekend at the Amex, there will be a hundred or so stunning, large-breasted women strutting around the pitch in bikinis before the game, waving and smiling benignly. In fact, come on: let's make them topless too. It'll bring so much more to the sporting experience, and absolutely will not be sexist or objectifying in any way.

Who's in?

Oh dear, how silly.

Why would that happen, or anyone want it too? Football doesn't have a tradition of walk on girls. .

American football on the other hand has cheerleaders, had done for decades. Its part of the package in College and NFL.

You want a purge on that too?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Who's in?

Won't it be a bit cold? I wouldn't want anyone catching a chill.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You mean you don't . Not sure you speak for "we"

Personally couldn't care less if they're there or not , but do enjoy watching you knicker twisters getting yourself worked up over it. :lolol:

Safe travel.

I can assure you I am very relaxed.

Although I won’t be at 7.45.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The 'Outraged and Strident' community seem to be dictating to the rest of the world what is acceptable and what isn't.
Funny this as they also want equality of opportunity for women, but seem to be taking away the choice for a number of women to earn a living in a way that they choose.
Interestingly, the pros and cons of this argument re F1/ Ringside girls, very much runs along the lines of known Lefties and Righties on the board.
Surprise, surprise, seems to be the Lefties who want to ban everything and do away with freedom of choice..........now there is something new!!:lolol:???

Here we go. First use of the word ‘outrage’ by a threatened chap.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I think it's a positive move. It's about trying to further de-objectivise (is that a word?) women, and anything that helps with that must be good, Shirley. There will always be plenty of employment opportunities for women who want to use their bodies and looks as their main asset in a positive and empowering way, there's no need for major sports with child-friendly audiences to be peddling these outdated stereotypes and potentially giving impressionable youngsters (and some adults) messages that will shape how they view the opposite sex as people for years to come. I am very partial to looking at attractive women, as are most men, there's nothing wrong with that. But it's not like you have to go to sports or other promotional events where the women employed are decoration to do that is it? There are times and places where it is more appropriate.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

F1 and darts are free to choose half naked women parading around if they want, no one is physically forcing them to stop doing this.

As [MENTION=3952]nigeyb[/MENTION] has posted above is a business decision to not have them, i.e. they think they will make more money without them, just as they were introduced to make more money they are now disappearing to make more money. Clearly people don't want this anymore after all the market is always right.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
7.8% of the Grand Prix crowd are women. Are they there for the ‘totty’ as well?

If they've come dressed in a Ferrari bikini, i'd say yes, and she probably wore it for that effect too.

If its Silverstone , pissing with rain and she's wearing a frumpy jumper, welly's and waterproofs, I'd have to say its proabaly a no.

Why you think that having 20 girls on the grid translates into everyone woman at the race, or even the world is being salivated over , I have no idea.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Who is banning it? I cannot see any post where someone is advocating banning it. The powers that be in F1, have taken the decision to drop it, so we are debating their decision.

Promo girls are also models so they can earn their living modelling. Being a promo girl is just a small part of their livelihood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here