Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Agreed, another midfielder is a prority, and maybe even a right back and central defender. I wouldn't expect to find players for all those positions in the couple of days we have left, but just another one or two would be nice.

We have Propper, Stephens, Kayal and Gross to play centre midfield.
We have Bruno, Schellotto and Rosenior to play right back.
We have 4 fit excellent centre halfs....

Why do we need more. ?... I don't think we do unless some are leaving this window.
We can only fit so many in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Three lost to the squad Sidwell, Murphy and Brown and only two in, surely we not settling for that are we?

Worryingly it's beginning to look like it. Personally l'd even throw another striker at our battle to stay up, as it's goals that win games It's all or nothing for me.

We have spent the clubs entire history in trying to get to where we are now. Don't we ant to stay there? . . .

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Worryingly no further deals for the Premier League squad.?

That's disappointing as Ulloa is likely to be unfit for a while (having not playing in the PL this season) and Locadia is still injured - so for a few games at least our team will remain as poor as it has been of late. Hardly what we need with a crucial four game run coming up.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Worryingly it's beginning to look like it. Personally l'd even throw another striker at our battle to stay up, as it's goals that win games It's all or nothing for me.

We have spent the clubs entire history in trying to get to where we are now. Don't we ant to stay there? . . .

Quite.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

We currently have FIVE first team strikers.
How many exactly would you like?!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We have Propper, Stephens, Kayal and Gross to play centre midfield.
We have Bruno, Schellotto and Rosenior to play right back.
We have 4 fit excellent centre halfs....

Why do we need more. ?... I don't think we do unless some are leaving this window.
We can only fit so many in.

To answer your question . . .

For Gross to play centre mid we would need someone to come in and replace him up front, Locadia maybe. This will be Bruno's final season surely, and as for Rosenior, he has hardly played this season, and the jury is still out as to whether he is still Premier League quality.

If we end up signing a surplus of players then so be it, we'll address that at the end of the season. Having spent so long to reach the Premier League survival is everything.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Winstanley's tweet yesterday does make me think there is a chance of another singing. Unsurprisingly CH doesn't raise any expectations.

Let's see what happens - not the end of the world if no more arrive.

We now have 25 in the squad. Anymore in means Hemed or Skalak don't make the cut.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Winstanley's tweet yesterday does make me think there is a chance of another singing. Unsurprisingly CH doesn't raise any expectations.

Let's see what happens - not the end of the world if no more arrive.

We now have 25 in the squad. Anymore in means Hemed or Skalak don't make the cut.

I would keep Hemed and drop out Rosenior.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Originally Posted by fosters headband View Post
Three lost to the squad Sidwell, Murphy and Brown and only two in, surely we not settling for that are we?

Anyone else see Brown as a loss ?
He just took up a place someone who cared could have had, was like playing with 10 men.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Originally Posted by fosters headband View Post

Anyone else see Brown as a loss ?
He just took up a place someone who cared could have had, was like playing with 10 men.

I have to agree he did not add much, but he was a player that CH chose to use, so he must be considered a loss to the manager.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here