• Gross

Votes: 79 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bissouma to earn his starting place through impact made from coming off the bench for now. Ryan–Duffy-Dunk-Stephens-Propper-Gross-Murray was the spine that gave us our strength last season and played most games, whereas full backs and wingers were far more interchangeable. If we are going to mess with that spine, then the players coming in are going to have to prove themselves from the bench in my opinion.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Amazing how the majority of people in this poll think our best player last season should be replaced after one bad game in the first game of the season. Football fans are morons.

Spot on, no way has last seasons player of the season suddenly become a bad player, we win together, we lose together

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Amazing how the majority of people in this poll think our best player last season should be replaced after one bad game in the first game of the season. Football fans are morons.

And that is a Gross understatement! You don’t suddenly become shit after one game!

Bissouma is not a straight swap for Gross. I suspect that the two would work well together. I would rather swap him for Stevens or proper, or one of the wide players. Certainly not for our most creative player!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Proper out bissouma in...simples. But it will take Chrissy 6 months to work that one out

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its Bissouma or Propper, thats the most like-for-like replacement in our midfield. I have to say I have never been over-impressed by Propper, I can think of very few occasions when he has stood out and done something special, unlike Stephens and obviously Gross. Clearly he's a great guy to have in your team from a manager's perspective, does what is asked of him, is tidy with a clean pass, but I'd rather see Bissouma there every day of the week

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Poll should’ve had the ‘both’ option.

I’d have a 3 man CM of Stephens, Bissouma and Gross, with the latter 2 given freedom to support attacks, but with one of them to support Stephens in defensive duties as the other attacks.

This is what I'd go for too. I like Propper but we need some aggression and Stephens give us that.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At the open training day yesterday Bissouma looked very sharp. They had a training session where Bissouma and others got the ball in the centre circle and had to pass quickly out to the wing and then run into the penalty area where Hughton acted as a defender as players converged from either wing. Bissouma scored 5 or 6 great goals. Okay no real defence to bother him but he was quick, good ball control, one touch or volly and could hit the ball with great power.

But did he do a Cruyff/Gross turn? He'll have to learn that before he replaces Pascal...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I have just spoken to somebody who went on Saturday who thought that Maty should have done better with their 2nd goal, which killed us off. Any comments

I thought that too but only from TV. No pundits mentioned it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
TOTAL FOOTBALL

Ryan

&10 others from out stellar array of international superstars with free rein to reinvent the beautiful game..... apart from the CBs, that would be silly

theboybilly

I have just spoken to somebody who went on Saturday who thought that Maty should have done better with their 2nd goal, which killed us off. Any comments

Well Knockhaert didn't cover himself in glory and neither did Bernado. As it was (for both goals) I thought the attempted block could have been executed better - just by standing up! For the second goal I thought Maty was expecting a bit more from those around him so I am loathe to apportion too much blame.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll.

I was wondering whether we should have a poll to decide, once and for all, whether our away form this season is as good as our home form. This season.

Vis a vis the present poll, I am minded of the time an Israeli scientist proposed Menachim Begin for the Nobel Prize for Phisics. Whe questioned on this absurd nomination he replied 'he deserves to win it just as much as he deserved the Nobel Peace Prize' (that he'd won the previous year).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ if anyone gets dropped it's got to be Stephens or propped as these two offer nothing in attack and we need more attacking.
I'd drop Stephens:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here