Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Have we stopped assembling our squad then ?

No but even you can't believe letting a midfield player go without replacing him in the very short term isn't the best bit of planning ever. Lots on here are saying we will get signings when players are replaced at respective clubs and then allowed to leave. If that's so true why didn't we do that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No but even you can't believe letting a midfield player go without replacing him in the very short term isn't the best bit of planning ever. Lots on here are saying we will get signings when players are replaced at respective clubs and then allowed to leave. If that's so true why didn't we do that?

Fulham needed time to mould Norwood into their squad. :lolol: :jester: :shootself:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chris said on Wednesday that it wouldn't count because it was two yellows. That was in the Argus report.
Hughton was talking about the Man City game, at least in Naylor's twitter quote of him. Maybe you are right though and it applies to the Madrid friendly as well ?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Fulham needed time to mould Norwood into their squad. :lolol: :jester: :shootself:

Very confused now. I thought the smart move was to buy on August 31st at 11pm and blending of signings into the squad was unnecessary and pointless. At least I have read that somewhere quite a lot.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very confused now. I thought the smart move was to buy on August 31st at 11pm and blending of signings into the squad was unnecessary and pointless. At least I have read that somewhere quite a lot.

I don't think anyone ever said that was smart... at least from a squad cohesion perspective. There was some suggestion that we might get better / better value players then, but I think the over-riding view was that the Aug 31st end date was more REALISTIC... considering all the apparent challenges we're experiencing at the moment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No but even you can't believe letting a midfield player go without replacing him in the very short term isn't the best bit of planning ever.

What ? Norwood ? He was 4th choice midfielder, wasn't in CH plans, the club are looking to sign a replacement imminently and have Kayal, Stephens, Sidwell ahead of em. (as well as other alternatives) . And wasn't likely to make the 18 v Man City regardless of any incoming.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
What ? Norwood ? He was 4th choice midfielder, wasn't in CH plans, the club are looking to sign a replacement imminently and have Kayal, Stephens, Sidwell ahead of em. (as well as other alternatives) . And wasn't likely to make the 18 v Man City regardless of any incoming.

We will have to agree to disagree then. For me waiting until he was replaced was a better option than usingl for example Bruno in midfield like Tuesday even if he wasn't needed in the 18.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Agree with most things said today this is not about bedwetting it's about giving us a chance to get 38/40 points just can't see that we will get anywhere near that , god i hope I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
God it's depressing reading such negative vitirol on this thread! Some of you need to remember that we are playing in the Premier league THIS SEASON, enjoy it will you? We can't force players to come here, I have no doubt that we had a midfielder lined up to replace Norwood but for whatever reason he went elsewhere (Europe if you believe Alan Nixon on twitter) but whatever happens look on the bright side of life FFS.

I also have no doubt that the Club will get some new quality players in the next 27 days.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bruno pushed up to midfield as other alternatives? We all know that doesn't really work. Naylor has spun the shambles of CH only having on fit striker to Hemed has a chance to impress :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hughton was talking about the Man City game, at least in Naylor's twitter quote of him. Maybe you are right though and it applies to the Madrid friendly as well ?

Two yellows are only a one match ban, in league football, so the red wouldn't have applied to both games.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
God it's depressing reading such negative vitirol on this thread! Some of you need to remember that we are playing in the Premier league THIS SEASON, enjoy it will you? We can't force players to come here, I have no doubt that we had a midfielder lined up to replace Norwood but for whatever reason he went elsewhere (Europe if you believe Alan Nixon on twitter) but whatever happens look on the bright side of life FFS.

I also have no doubt that the Club will get some new quality players in the next 27 days.
Its not negative vitriol it's a discussion about recruitment with supporters points of view on the current situation.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I can't believe the number of whingers and whiners on this thread, can't believe they have not learned anything about transfer windows in previous years, can't believe some even think the club aren't recruiting anyone anymore and that we are done. FFS you are not running the club even though you seem to think you know best. Leave it to those who have served us well with recruits over the past few years.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• keep-calm-because-today-s-the-day.png
    keep-calm-because-today-s-the-day.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 218

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In the last week It appears that this thread title has changed to there's ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone EVER AGAIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well we are where we are now.

Points haven't been dropped yet.

It can't be overstated enough though that things will seem a lot more on track if we made one of the big 2 ( ST or CM ) signings ASAP.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I can't believe the number of whingers and whiners on this thread, can't believe they have not learned anything about transfer windows in previous years, can't believe some even think the club aren't recruiting anyone anymore and that we are done. FFS you are not running the club even though you seem to think you know best. Leave it to those who have served us well with recruits over the past few years.

I love it when you ask the moaners who we should sign and they say someone unbelievably unrealistic. Like you say we have to trust the board and I am sure they are working very hard on things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here