Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Serious question... how credible are 'Labour Uncut' as a source? and if so, what do you make of this article?

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2017/06/0...for-labour-somethings-got-to-give/#more-21681

"The polls might be right. There could be a surge of young voters that rewrite general election rules. This could be the first contest in living memory where a party increases its rating by so much during the short campaign. Labour could be about to poll near its 1997 level at the general election.

After Corbyn’s triumph in the Labour leadership, Brexit and Trump, the old certainties no longer hold sway. This is certainly the desperate hope of Labour candidates up and down the country. Rarely have so many, who have worked so hard knocking doors, hoped that they’re so wrong.

But the evidence from Labour’s own data and the Tories’ campaigning choices is compelling and it suggests that they are not."

A blog that hasn't optimised its content for mobiles, to the right of the Labour Party (pretty much every post criticises Corbyn) and fewer followers than Palace get for home games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Serious question... how credible are 'Labour Uncut' as a source? and if so, what do you make of this article?

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2017/06/0...for-labour-somethings-got-to-give/#more-21681

"The polls might be right. There could be a surge of young voters that rewrite general election rules. This could be the first contest in living memory where a party increases its rating by so much during the short campaign. Labour could be about to poll near its 1997 level at the general election.

After Corbyn’s triumph in the Labour leadership, Brexit and Trump, the old certainties no longer hold sway. This is certainly the desperate hope of Labour candidates up and down the country. Rarely have so many, who have worked so hard knocking doors, hoped that they’re so wrong.

But the evidence from Labour’s own data and the Tories’ campaigning choices is compelling and it suggests that they are not."

Never heard of them

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Don't worry Tory voters. We get it.

You've had your free education, youve had a lifetime of free healthcare, you've had a lifetime of if relatively low rents and house prices to wages, of relatively low mortgage deposits and great policing and free school meals and the opportunity to travel with ease across Europe.

Now you're comfortable and settled and content, you're done playing with all the shiny toys and quite happy to out them in thre loft for safe keeping out of he reach of children.

I just wish my experience growing up in this country would be as good as yours. But let's be honest, I've brought this on myself for being born too late. Love you Tory voters. And I'm sorry for being really ungrateful for my future of in opportunity and oppression of Tory rule. My bad. Yours sincerely, the younger generation. X

I'm an undecided but your post couldn't be any further from the truth. When I first took out a mortgage, interest rates were upwards of 12% so although the house cost less my mortgage payments were no less painful.
Student loans didn't exist but there were far fewer university places so anyone not getting top grades didn't become a student. Student loans are an inevitable consequence of this massive increase in places. Maybe we should go back to far fewer student numbers and pay their fees ? No-one seems to be advocating this.
There was ease of travel across Europe before we joined the EU so I see no reason why this would change when we leave.
I have heard a lot of these types of statements from youngsters who seem to have very little knowledge of the lives of their parents' generation although this does not stop them making some pretty sweeping generalizations and rushes to judgement.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Jeremy Corbyn representing Britain at the next G7 meeting - OMG!

Jeremy Corbyn representing GREAT BRITAIN at the next G7 meeting - it's unthinkable! The doormen will think he's an intruder.

JEREMY CORBYN representing GREAT BRITAIN at the next G7 MEETING of the WORLDS MOST POWERFUL LEADERS - the ultimate HUMILIATION for the once great British nation.

Make this your last thought as you stand in the booth poised to place your cross on Thursday.

Thank you so much for your advice.
I will consider it but I think the thought of another child in poverty going to school starving hungry because his parents had to make a decision of feeding the kids or switching the heating on that morning, but at least he/she will get some gruel before lessons, but in return for that gruel he has to take a book so he can learn something because the school has no money.
I hope the kid does not injure himself at school, because when the ambulance finally turns up, 6 hours is such a long time to wait, maybe he could while away his time watching old people die on trollies.
But don't you worry, Boxing Day will be along soon and you can go and kill a fox.
And you also think that May is a statesman and will be dragging Boris Johnson along to these G7 meetings.
Get a grip.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jeremy Corbyn representing Britain at the next G7 meeting - OMG!

Jeremy Corbyn representing GREAT BRITAIN at the next G7 meeting - it's unthinkable! The doormen will think he's an intruder.

JEREMY CORBYN representing GREAT BRITAIN at the next G7 MEETING of the WORLDS MOST POWERFUL LEADERS - the ultimate HUMILIATION for the once great British nation.

Make this your last thought as you stand in the booth poised to place your cross on Thursday.

I'm still getting over the humiliation of Theresa May scuttling up the arse of Donald Trump as fast as she did, and, asking our poor Queen to have to have him for dinner in a desperate attempt to gain some influence. .

.However, I do feel for poor old Theresa when she went to that EU summit and she was left nervously straightening her cuffs while everyone ignored her. I also worry that when G7 leaders ask her about something she hasn't rehearsed she will splutter out the usual soundbite inanities until she gets one she thinks fits despite the bafflement of everyone present..... now that's real humiliation for this once great nation, Theresa May, the best Prime Minister we have ! Hilarious !

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

You've had your free education, youve had a lifetime of free healthcare, you've had a lifetime of if relatively low rents and house prices to wages, of relatively low mortgage deposits and great policing and free school meals and the opportunity to travel with ease across Europe.

Now you're comfortable and settled and content, you're done playing with all the shiny toys and quite happy to out them in thre loft for safe keeping out of he reach of children.

I just wish my experience growing up in this country would be as good as yours. But let's be honest, I've brought this on myself for being born too late. Love you Tory voters. And I'm sorry for being really ungrateful for my future of in opportunity and oppression of Tory rule. My bad. Yours sincerely, the younger generation. X

Wow and you are one of those virtuous voters Labour are depending on, god help us.

I am not big into the generation slander game, I hope my children have similar opportunities to what I made for myself and no doubt they will encounter similar struggles, but I will try to ensure they will not be burdened with a spiteful mind set like yours, that would blight their future happiness no doubt.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

And most of you Victor Meldrews voted Brexit, it was all Europe's fault you've done it so tough for the past four and a half decades

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Whatever your view, surely having this *edit* woman *edit* as Home Secretary should be enough for any sane person not to vote Labour. She will in control of our safety. I wouldn't put her in sole control of a kettle.

For me I have you in my top 10 of total goons on here, but on this sole occasion I agree with you, it is a worry but for the awful Abbott, your bunch of nasty *******s have Boris Johnson, but you won't see that will you.
When are you and all the Tory boys on here going to post something positive about the Conservatives rather than having a pop at Labour.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
For me I have you in my top 10 of total goons on here, but on this sole occasion I agree with you, it is a worry but for the awful Abbott, your bunch of nasty *******s have Boris Johnson, but you won't see that will you.
When are you and all the Tory boys on here going to post something positive about the Conservatives rather than having a pop at Labour.

Can you honestly think of anything positive from the Tory campaign? It's just be so uninspiring and offers nothing to look forward to really... I bet you there's an awful lot of votes that are against labour rather than for the tories. Hence the polls that show labours policies having a huge majority in terms of satisfaction, but corbyns lack of support undermining it all.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pretty strong stuff, the NHS really is at a crossroads. Another 5 years of the Tories with May cosying up to Trump and I can only see privatisation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpSVVgZyUBs

Why do you expect older people to listen to you when in your previous post you were dishing out insults ? You may have a point but I'm not going to bother thinking about it.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I found it equally hysterical that you are voting tory.

Fancy taking the winter fuel allowance off the elderly?

Fancy stopping school dinners for children which for many will be their only square meal for the day?

Fancy keeping the Public sector workers wages capped at 1%? These people teach our children, run into the danger to protect us whether a fire or a terrorist they deserve more.

Fancy removing the ivory trade ban?

How about making fox hunting legal?

How about reducing the top rate of tax?

How about ****ing off state schools and putting more money into grammar schools.

How about leaving the 9k a year uni fees where only the wealthiest can go on to higher education.

Bye bye NHS

I can understand you voting tory if you were a high earner, with no kids, no elderly relatives, who enjoyed fox hunting and didn't give a F*CK about anyone else in society. I am guessing you've just been media brainwashed... Strong and stable, strong and stable, exterminate

Fancy taking the winter fuel allowance off the elderly? - Those who can afford to do without it. Absolutely yes.

Fancy stopping school dinners for children which for many will be their only square meal for the day? - No.

Fancy keeping the Public sector workers wages capped at 1%? - These people teach our children, run into the danger to protect us whether a fire or a terrorist they deserve more. - Of course not But rather that than saddle future generations with more debt.

Fancy removing the ivory trade ban? - Don't know about this one is true of not, but no absolutely not.

How about making fox hunting legal? Really?? With all the issues facing us today, and you worry about fox hunting?- 5th on your list. If Fox hunting is your 5th biggest concern then you've obviously not got much to whine about, or you just want to padd your list out a little?

How about reducing the top rate of tax? - No. Up corporation tax to those who post profits of hundreds of millions, yes. Stop the likes of Amazon bleeding the country dry, yes. Up the 40% rate. No. Not at all.

How about ****ing off state schools and putting more money into grammar schools.- Do you even know what that means?

How about leaving the 9k a year uni fees where only the wealthiest can go on to higher education. - What the fee that Labour introduced. That fee? If its a course that turns you into a Doctor, or simlair, it should be free. If its a course that ends with a job outside the public sectors, then you should pay for it.

Bye bye NHS - YAWN YAWN YAWN. Lefties have been saying that for years. Still there isn't it?

I can understand you voting tory if you were a high earner, with no kids, no elderly relatives, who enjoyed fox hunting and didn't give a F*CK about anyone else in society. I am guessing you've just been media brainwashed... Strong and stable, strong and stable, exterminate - Then I guess come Friday, the country will be full of high earners with no kids, no elderly relatives and don't give a F*CK about anyone else in society. Because the Tories are going win, and I think you need to accept that Flower. Or are you one of these who will want another election when you lose?

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

Oh dear. Sir has been filling your head with nonsense hasn't he. :nono:

Ask him which party introcued University fees?

Ask him which party saw a 180% hike in house prices during their last regin of power.

Ask him why we will suddenly find it difficult to travel across Europe after Brexit. Don't worry, with a passport you WILL still be able to travel with ease across Europe. We are leaving the EU, not upping sticks and emigrating to the South Pacific.

P.S. If this is what the young are genuinely thinking, maybe we do need to plough more money in Education, because if this is anything to go by, they are coming out of the system as thick as shit at the moment. Although I am fairly certain those are not his views, but rather "Sirs"

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Probably around the same time you and all the lefties post something positive about the Conservatives Petal .:dunce:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh dear. Sir has been filling your head with nonsense hasn't he. :nono:

Ask him which party introcued University fees?

Ask him which party saw a 180% hike in house prices during their last regin of power.

Ask him why we will suddenly find it difficult to travel across Europe after Brexit. Don't worry, with a passport you WILL still be able to travel with ease across Europe. We are leaving the EU, not upping sticks and emigrating to the South Pacific.

P.S. If this is what the young are genuinely thinking, maybe we do need to plough more money in Education, because if this is anything to go by, they are coming out of the system as thick as shit at the moment. Although I am fairly certain those are not his views, but rather "Sirs"

And which party increased tuition fees to £9000 and which party is increasing the fees every year to 2020 regardless of the quality of teaching?

And which party was in power when house prices rose over 400% during the 80s?

As for travelling in Europe, no free movement so maybe visa's, border controls, lower duty free allowances, wonderful.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
post something positive about the Conservatives Petal

The Conservatives Priti Patel is sweetly pretty.

priti_patel.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

The Conservative party does not have Dianne Abbott, John McDonnell and Jeremy Corbyn as MP`s.
The Tories are the only major party that will deliver Real Brexit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here