Albion-free Championship Playoffs thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Final ball from Fulham has been absolute shite all evening

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Guys we really do want Reading to win this. Cairney is allegedly top of our shopping list and them being promoted will kill it dead.

If this is true then I am now a tinpot fan. I'd love to see Cairney in the stripes

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Conclusive proof, yet again (as if we needed it), that the playoffs are utter bollocks.

The best team never wins - tonight being another case in point.

A truly outdated and unfair lottery, which seems to favour the teams who can grind it out rather than the expansive entertainers!

Thank holy **** that we avoided it this time around.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Reading would be a good shout for a team likely to finish below us next season (and there wont be many others).

I was just thinking the same thing.

I fancied Reading to win the playoffs and still do. Not the best team, but good enough to grind it out.

Also, as you say, 'good' enough to finish below us next season.

Up the Royals.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Reading have the closest all-time record to us in the league. If anyone is likely to go up with us, it's them.

We've spent the following number of seasons in the top four divisions, reading from 1 to 4:
4, 26, 56, 7

Reading's record is, also going from 1 to 4:
3, 22, 56, 8

(We've been in the league a few more seasons than Reading in total)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Conclusive proof, yet again (as if we needed it), that the playoffs are utter bollocks.

A truly outdated and unfair lottery, which seems to favour the teams who can grind it out rather than the expansive entertainers!

I am glad we avoided it again, but over 46 games Reading have been a far better team in terms of getting points on the board then Fulham so you could easily argue they are the better team. You have to be able to attack and defend and as nice as Fulham are going forward they really are not brilliant defensively.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Reading have the closest all-time record to us in the league. If anyone is likely to go up with us, it's them.

We've spent the following number of seasons in the top four divisions, reading from 1 to 4:
4, 26, 56, 7

Reading's record is, also going from 1 to 4:
3, 22, 56, 8

(We've been in the league a few more seasons than Reading in total)

I prefer sweeping generalisations myself.

Reading are shite.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

The play offs are bollocks - but not for the reason you state, in my view.

Over an entire season Reading finish 3rd and Fulham finish 6th. Promotion should be about what has been achieved over a season - not a 2-game shoot out. On this basis, Reading deserve the chance to go up - not Fulham.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Over an entire season Reading finish 3rd and Fulham finish 6th. Promotion should be about what has been achieved over a season - not a 2-game shoot out. On this basis, Reading deserve the chance to go up - not Fulham.

Did you complain about our play off win against Bristol City?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I am glad we avoided it again, but over 46 games Reading have been a far better team in terms of getting points on the board then Fulham so you could easily argue they are the better team. You have to be able to attack and defend and as nice as Fulham are going forward they really are not brilliant defensively.

I'm guilty of basing this on the manager I'd most like the Albion to have syndrome.

Cue ball vs Cloontang - no contest.

That and Fulham destroyed us twice and managed to lose, alas I feel sympathy.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Fair enough.

I accept the league table says different, however... Fulham were the best team I've seen this year and they also destroyed Newcastle... just ask the toon army for clarification.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here