Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

As a leaver myself. I have been banging on to my friends about the result needing to be at least 55-45 either way to have a chance of ending the debate.

In defence of an earlier poster, early indications in Arun area are around 30-32% of lowest age category voted.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Proud to be a little Englander....... some people voted leave for no other reason than they wish to have sovereignty.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I remember the times before we were in the EU and want to return those days.

Yes lets go back to rationing outside toilets no central heating no double glazing monochrome tv British troops being sent to fight in Suez Aden Malaysia etc.

I also wonder how long it will be before there is a comedy sketch based on the Monty Python classic in Life of Brian but reshaped as:

Whatever has the EU ever done for us.

Better employment rights

Whatever has the EU ever done for us apart from better employment rights......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But there was nothing stopping us dealing with these countries before.

We already have 2014 and 2015 but as China is our 2nd largest trade partner we can now do it with out approval of 27 other states...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
thanks I have got 31 more years to watch Brighton I may see my last ambition brighton in the European cup which we nearly made it but poor old smith shot hit Baileys legs. Bad shot or good save or should have Robinson finished it or was he knackered.

Strictly speaking, we would have been in the Cup Winners Cup.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Britain voted brand Britain, let's buy British if the EU countries are not going to give us decent trade deals.

So what cars do Britain make and other "stuff" ?

Please tell us..........

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As a leaver myself. I have been banging on to my friends about the result needing to be at least 55-45 either way to have a chance of ending the debate.

In defence of an earlier poster, early indications in Arun area are around 30-32% of lowest age category voted.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Perhaps another referendum would be the best way to end debate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
attachment.php

I thought this was interesting and supports the OP's argument.

i think a lorry load of salt to be taken with this, its an opinion poll and we know how accurate they've proven to be lately.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Proud to be a little Englander....... some people voted leave for no other reason than they wish to have sovereignty.

What does sovereignty mean?

el punal

Just remember that there are still many of the population around who were conned in to voting this country into the EU in the first place. It was a vote to enter a common market with no mention of sovereignty or law making.being handed over to this beaurocratic dictatorship.
Just remember there are many still alive who lost relatives in the war. Many of those killed were just teenagers . my great aunt lost both her young sons.,Tthese men and boys. British, Irish, Polish, Indian, Canadians and French resistance thought they were fighting to save sovereignty and democracy and it was appaling that what they died for was for nothing as power was just handed over anyway.
So maybe you should be disgusted and ashamed - with yourselves.

I, too, was one that voted for us to enter the Common Market (or EEC, or EU) all those years ago. Then, it was just that, a market place for like minded countries. Had I known that it would spawn into the Frankenstein monster of bureaucratic intransigence that it is now I may have voted against.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just remember that there are still many of the population around who were conned in to voting this country into the EU in the first place. It was a vote to enter a common market with no mention of sovereignty or law making.being handed over to this beaurocratic dictatorship.
Just remember there are many still alive who lost relatives in the war. Many of those killed were just teenagers . my great aunt lost both her young sons.,Tthese men and boys. British, Irish, Polish, Indian, Canadians and French resistance thought they were fighting to save sovereignty and democracy and it was appaling that what they died for was for nothing as power was just handed over anyway.

You post speaks volumes about you, well done.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So what cars do Britain make and other "stuff" ?

Please tell us..........

We got a few factories some top end marques but mainly foreign owned.......so basically nothing....40 years of EU membership has eroded our manufacturing base...it could be argued.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

The war finished 70 years ago how long before its ok to move on and not hold a grudge against the Germans and other Axis powers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here