Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

32 years ago

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's odd. Although I wasn't at the first game, I went to the replay and was trying to remember where in the ground I was, but I can't actually remember a damned thing about the entire day, other than I had to go back up north on a train load of Utd fans.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Had a 'posh' seat right on the half-way line, £20 I think it was! Right in line with Wilkins curler, and recall getting on the train after where a Man U fan obviously keen on his pies and sporting a kilt asked if all of our fans came up in the same taxi :moo:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Upper tier behind the goal. I travelled up with a United supporting school friend who had bought a ticket in the same block as my ticket from some ticket outlet at Victoria station the week before. He swapped it for one at the other end outside the ground.

I was in a similar position for the replay.

Went to a party in Palace territory after the final and straight to Austria after the replay (I was supposed to go on the Wednesday).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sat in front of the TV from about midday still cursing my Dad for turning down free semi-final tickets from a customer of his !!!!!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Upper tier behind goal to the right - Man Utd end. (only tickets me and brother could get!)

Herne Bay Gull

Mar 4, 2014
Upper tier. Got married the week before, wife not too chuffed at the final being part of the honeymoon. The coach broke down on the M23 on the way up from Burgess Hill. They sent a replacement which looked as if it had been in the war. (I suppose most of the coaches in Sussex were in use) We made it into the ground about 3 mins before kick off. I still remember looking at the scoreboard showing Brighton 1 - United 0

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
As the half time whistle blew my mate and I went to the bar and spent all the money we had on beer. We carried this outside through the metal gates on the steps leading out of the concourse. Having drunk said beer much too quickly I then decided to test the old size ten DM against one of the Corinthian columns, at a later date finding out that it was broken in two places but being too inebriated to feel or care. How on earth we got in for the second half I don't know and to be honest it passed in a daze. It was however a day never to be forgotten.

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Right at the front of the top tier, just left of behind the goal...

Weird thing was though, after Smith's goal, me and my brother somehow emerged together about 8 rows back...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here