Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

obligatory Adrian Chiles & ITV coverage slagging thread

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The toe-poke surprised him, which was why he was slow to react. As a keeper (from my own 20 year experience at a very modest level) when you set yourself for a shot is critical. The keeper last night was expecting Oscar to take one more step before hitting it, and that's what did for him.

Yep, it's the way he hit it so early and unexpected, but still so accurate. Great goal.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So which pundit is going to be the first to say 'We don't know much about Mexico / Cameroon' when its their job to know about the players on the pitch? Limited research extending to googling who thier club is would just about do it.

Ian Wright 6/4 Favourite for me 'The big number 9, he, for me, has had a shocker, y'know Ade'

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So which pundit is going to be the first to say 'We don't know much about Mexico / Cameroon' when its their job to know about the players on the pitch? Limited research extending to googling who thier club is would just about do it.

Ian Wright 6/4 Favourite for me 'The big number 9, he, for me, has had a shocker, y'know Ade'

How does he get TV work still

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So which pundit is going to be the first to say 'We don't know much about Mexico / Cameroon' when its their job to know about the players on the pitch?

Shearer. Nailed on.

"Nobody knows anything about this new guy Ben Arfa.."

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Shearer. Nailed on.

"Nobody knows anything about this new guy Ben Arfa.."

Shearer was in my thoughts to. The look of shock on his face when Linekar asks him 'Tell us a bit more about the Argentinian Number 10, Alan' before he realises it's Messi and he can spout the same old cliched shit is always worth a look.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it deserves to go here (audio NSFW).
http://youtu.be/skNc9RFBAek

Brilliant! I just trawled through the thread to check it's not in here and when I get back to the end....it is! :lolol:

FFS though some of the posts on here are a bit embarrassing. Ooooh FIFA hates us, we always get shafted, we're the only team in the word who plays fair etc etc. What utter nonsense.

As far as I could tell, a dodgy penalty was given. Why do we have to wail and gnash our teeth about it after hundreds of replays? So ****ing tedious.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I love GLC. Wasn't aware of this - Brilliant stuff

Me too and me neither. Great to hear them again, great to hear them slagging off AT.

People such as him, Robbie Savage (especially Robbie Savage), Alan Shearer, Danny Mills...just how do they keep their jobs? EVERYONE thinks that they do a shit job, and yet there they are, year after year, seemingly with jobs for life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Me too and me neither. Great to hear them again, great to hear them slagging off AT.

People such as him, Robbie Savage (especially Robbie Savage), Alan Shearer, Danny Mills...just how do they keep their jobs? EVERYONE thinks that they do a shit job, and yet there they are, year after year, seemingly with jobs for life.

This this this. Savage is the worst. Whenever he starts losing an argument on phone ins (which is often) he resorts to "listen, listen, have you ever played the game?"

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This this this. Savage is the worst. Whenever he starts losing an argument on phone ins (which is often) he resorts to "listen, listen, have you ever played the game?"

That old chestnut. Alan Hansen has been saying that for years as well.

The employment of Savage is a complete and utter mystery. He is objectionable, arrogant and thick (always a dangerous combination), and has NOTHING interesting to say about anything. I simply don't get it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Savage. What an absolute arse. There are numerous things I hate about him but the main one is that he will never, ever slag a pro footballer off. This is to the extent that if someone picked up a machine gun, fired it into the crowd and killed them instantly he'd blame it on songs being sung and the abuse he had suffered. As you say 'have you ever played the game?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The score graphic on the screen is rubbish you have to look very closely at it to see what the score is. I will think of something else to whine about later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here