Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most pissed you have ever been at a Brighton match

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Probably first game at the Amex v Donny. Six pints in Dicks' bar in the hour or so before kick-off, preceded by a few in town, fell into my seat at 2.59pm.

Definitely know the most *after* a Brighton match - in the Lord Nelson the Saturday we confirmed promotion in 2001. All those nightmare years behind us, and we finally had something to celebrate. Krispies was leading the singing and I ended up having the longest journey home from a pub in the history of the world ever* (staggered out of the Nelson at 11pm, got home sometime after 4am - don't ask...)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Cambridge late 70s or early 80s with the Bosun lot... 1-1...missed both goals as they were in the first half when I was asleep/passed out, on the terracing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Scarborough away was bad but the worst was a friendly against Stauer Bucherest which had about 7 goals in it and I spent most of the game trying to work out what the score was and who was winning only for someone to score another goal and put me back to square one.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The only time I've been properly drunk at a game was the second leg against Palace. I will not be doing it again

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Brentford away about 12 odd years ago , on the train back from Victoria the next stop was supposed to be East Croydon as we were going to get off and have a drink there but it made an unscheduled stop at Selhurst and I got out and fell onto the gravel as the platform was obviously shorter , bit dangerous really as I got back by climbing on the wheels .

I would suggest for you, Le Harve away. How was that car?

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Cant remember what year ( 1987? possibly ) we had Blackburn at home when were at the Goldstone, as usual me and the boys met in The Eclipse at 10:00, it was chucking it down all morning, got to about 2:40 still pissing down, we were steaming by now anyway, England were on the telly playing rugby, so we decided to go to the game when the rugby finished. All i remember is none of us wanting to pay to get in, so we decided to sit on the wall behind the away fans on the East terrace. God knows how we got on the wall it must have been 7' tall, we were giving it large to the Blackburn fans below us, the next thing i remember is lying in a drunken crumpled heap inside the ground amogst all the Blackburn fans, at this point i jump to my feet and of course the sensible thing was to escape by running on the pitch, at which point i headed for the North stand, on the way i remember drunkenly running past Alan Sherarer ( the ref had stopped the game by now also ), i get to the North Stand being chased by stewards and expect to be treated by a hero by my fellow Albion fans, of course because they see me coming out of the away section they think i am some kind of Kamikaze Blackburn fan trying to take their end, and i was immediatley filled in by scores of my own supporters. Luckliy PC Beard came to my rescue and i was nicked. Suffice to say i got taken to court for being drunk and dis-orderly in a football ground and breaking into a footballl ground without paying. Happy days.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Went to a pre season set of matches in Ireland (2002?) I pretty much can't remember any of the games, one got abandoned but again I don't really remember any of it.... OOpps

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
West Brom, New Years Day, very early 90s.

We'd been out for a few sherbets on New Year's Eve. Myself and Seagulls Over Lewes swore off the ciggies as a new year's resolution and chucked our lighters down a drain. We kipped* in Brighton and got an early train for Brum. There were a load of Spurs on the train and we pinched a ciggy and light off them and bought a pack each as we walked through Smethwick. By 11.30 we'd found an open pub. By 2.30 I was later told we'd had eight pints but I was long past losing count. I survived the game though to this day have no idea of the score. One of our number didn't however. He just sat on the back terrace of our stand constantly throwing up or falling asleep. The police just left him be. From that day on he was known as "Chrissy Puke".

*snoozed in armchairs

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not strictly speaking drunk but I did fall asleep for a portion of the Birmingham home game last year as a result of partying and not sleeping the night before.

Under similar cicumstances I left the Burnley 1-0 game where we had 2 sent off at half time as I couldn't keep my eyes open, again due to excessive intake/ lack of sleep the night before.

When I was around 14 at the Goldstone (against Swansea if I recall correctly) I had to help a friend of mine to the first aid bit after he threw up in the North Stand due to us necking about 8 cans of Fosters on the beach before the game. Hardcore eh?

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Leeds at home last year, had the day off so headed into Brighton at midday to do some shopping.. ended up in the pub at 1pm and carried on drinking through to kick off, ended up missing the last train to make kick off so got a taxi. Got dropped off in the coach park, ran between two coaches not realising there was a kurb. Ended up doing a superman impression & cutting my hands to pieces.

Fortunately I'd Sky+'d the game as I don't remember a thing from the night

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Leyton Orient away in early nineties. We either draw 2-2 or won or lost 3-2. I spent the entire second half on the toilet floor completely wasted with sick all over me.

Someone also stole my bha cricket hat off my head.

Was that you????

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Top stuff Albion fans - this thread has really made me laugh.

Went to Arsenal in about 92 with a mixed gang of Palace, Arsenal and West Ham. Had 7 or 8 Hurlimans in the Flounder and Firkin before the game. Ended up in the Clock End home bit and the plan was upset by Chris Coleman scoring after about 5 mins. Celebrated like a stumbling nutter and we were saved by our Arse mates helping us against the hordes. I went down but it was under my own steam. Luckily Paul Merson saved us by scoring a hat-trick in the next 15 mins. Was back in the pub by 4.30pm.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
We sat behind some sad people (West Lower) that would turn up with BAGS of shopping ten minutes after kick off in our first season at the AMEX.
I remember being called a fecking disgrace by a 'HARRY POTTER' look alike after I took exception to this.
I walked past him to go into the concourse at half time ---then realised I wanted to DECK him.
I couldn't get up one flight of steps due to several mates pulling me back-----but to be honest I blame the :drink:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Scarborough away was bad but the worst was a friendly against Stauer Bucherest which had about 7 goals in it and I spent most of the game trying to work out what the score was and who was winning only for someone to score another goal and put me back to square one.

Southend away wasn't clever. I seem to remember you put a fair amount of tagliatelle down the sink...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
We sat behind some sad people (West Lower) that would turn up with BAGS of shopping ten minutes after kick off in our first season at the AMEX.
I remember being called a fecking disgrace by a 'HARRY POTTER' look alike after I took exception to this.
I walked past him to go into the concourse at half time ---then realised I wanted to DECK him.
I couldn't get up one flight of steps due to several mates pulling me back-----but to be honest I blame the :drink:

Pissedupeamus?

Jan 30, 2008
having seen the le harve WEEKEND EXSTRAVIGANZA mentioned i CAN CONFIRM IT TOOK ME 3 DAYS TO RECOVER ,Friday night boat over and a stand off in the bar ???, missed the night club GAS ATTACK, crashed out on the ferry back :mad:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here