Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor hits back!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What a shit thread. You don't have to follow his tweets doh.

I can't blame him losing it occasionally when he is being followed by such dicks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Disagree with that. A lot of the time he's got to spin something out of nothing, and he does it very well IMHO. Puts the hours in also. Bloke's on a hiding to nothing and anybody in the same role would come up for the same stick. Goes with the turf. Daft move asking people to unfollow him though. You want to be discussed above all else in his role.

He's not asking them though. He's reminding them that if they don't like it, don't follow him. A bit like how people get reminded about the ignore function on here.

I agree with everything else though THPP. I think AN does a fine job and some people need to take a step back and stop being so bloody precious about a few tweets. The day I get SO enraged about what someone has said on Twitter, to the point that I have to have a pop at them, is the day I stop using it.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm not sure the "don't follow" message works as well when you haven't got 3 million followers, like Gervais.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I find these spats quite interesting. Journalism seems to be in a bit of turmoil regarding what I call the democracy of opinion.

You are paid (and your companies pays) to get your opinion out there and yet you have to do it using a medium where anyone else can comment for free.

Include newspapers in that with their comment sections.

Journalists ( I think) fall into the trap of thinking their opinion (since it is paid employment ) when published is more valid.

Unfortunately it isn't.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Naylor reacts to trolling shock.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's not asking them though. He's reminding them that if they don't like it, don't follow him. A bit like how people get reminded about the ignore function on here.

I agree with everything else though THPP. I think AN does a fine job and some people need to take a step back and stop being so bloody precious about a few tweets. The day I get SO enraged about what someone has said on Twitter, to the point that I have to have a pop at them, is the day I stop using it.

But and I think it' a bit but. He is commenting on a medium that by it's very nature encourages further comment.

You can't get away from it.

You have felt the need to comment on it and so have I. He is perfectly entitled to have a pop back, but post effectively "don't listen to me then..." ?

Does he understand the medium ? I'm not entirely sure than many using it in a professional capacity are.

Beyond actual bullying and abuse it's uncontrollable.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Twitter is so shit. People get upset about the smallest things

Agree ...full of trolls...getting great joy at hounding people...never will go on twitter...twitter is full of tw*ts who are so far up their own backsides they cannot see the light...don't like,don't follow...simples.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Agree ...full of trolls...getting great joy at hounding people...never will go on twitter...twitter is full of tw*ts who are so far up their own backsides they cannot see the light...don't like,don't follow...simples.
But the whole point is that you don't necessarily agree with everything the person you follow says. In which case you will respond to what you disagree with offering your own opinion but it doesn't mean to say you don't agree with everything the person says

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Naylor is an arse, no one is following him because he is Andy Naylor, they follow him because he is the Argus Albion reporter. Tweets about SUFC transfers that don't have any relevance to BHAFC are not what his followers followed for.
I could do his job, and without spinning one 3 minute interview out into nine stories over three days.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Naylor is an arse, no one is following him because he is Andy Naylor, they follow him because he is the Argus Albion reporter. Tweets about SUFC transfers that don't have any relevance to BHAFC are not what his followers followed for.
I could do his job, and without spinning one 3 minute interview out into nine stories over three days.
Couldn't put it better myself

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

Sums it up nicely.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Andy's tweets about Sunderland are relevant for now because Gus' transfer dealings at Sunderland affect his budget and it gives you some insight about his ongoing bids for Bridcutt, Buckley and the like. Which all #bhafc fans are interested in. ?

I enjoy following him on Twitter for his news, gossip and confirmation as well as the matchday reports and analysis. FOR FREE. He does it because it raises the profile of the Argus (which i happen to buy) but presumably a lot of his detractors don't do that. Some of the rudeness he gets on Twitter and earlier in this thread , "is an arse" and all that, is way out of line.

Not sure what his opponents are wishing for. Many clubs over the last few years have banned journalists or photographers from their grounds not liking what they are reporting in the local press despite being a voice for fans. The direct to fans online coverage by the club is terrific these days but they are never going to give you the truth into what happened with Lewis Grabban or Andy's piece on Monday where he posed whether the club are going to give Oscar the wages/players he needs to compete in the 2nd half of the season.

The local paper is, alongside radio, fan coverage, an important voice in the life of the club and they 've successfully transferred this coverage to social media quite successfully in the Argus case.. Local journalism is also up against it financially and so getting nearly 3-4 pages of Albion news and coverage every day, 3-4 stories online, and tweets from Andy Naylor and Brian Owen (FOR FREE) and photos from Simon Dack etc seems like something every fan at the Albion should be trying to protect.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
NB: There are several bot/ twitter accounts that scrape the web for links to news stories and put #bhafc at end of their tweets.
Presumably the bots are old now and still have Poyet as one of their keywords to scrape links which explains the sunderland spam. eg: https://twitter.com/BHAFC_/ (BHAFC tweets)
I see lots of people complain to this account. Doubt if anyone is reading the replies.

At least [MENTION=23140]Albion[/MENTION]chat, another bot, which used to retweet every mention of the albion has now gone.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Andy's tweets about Sunderland are relevant for now because Gus' transfer dealings at Sunderland affect his budget and it gives you some insight about his ongoing bids for Bridcutt, Buckley and the like. Which all #bhafc fans are interested in. ?

I enjoy following him on Twitter for his news, gossip and confirmation as well as the matchday reports and analysis. FOR FREE. He does it because it raises the profile of the Argus (which i happen to buy) but presumably a lot of his detractors don't do that. Some of the rudeness he gets on Twitter and earlier in this thread , "is an arse" and all that, is way out of line.

Not sure what his opponents are wishing for. Many clubs over the last few years have banned journalists or photographers from their grounds not liking what they are reporting in the local press despite being a voice for fans. The direct to fans online coverage by the club is terrific these days but they are never going to give you the truth into what happened with Lewis Grabban or Andy's piece on Monday where he posed whether the club are going to give Oscar the wages/players he needs to compete in the 2nd half of the season.

The local paper is, alongside radio, fan coverage, an important voice in the life of the club and they 've successfully transferred this coverage to social media quite successfully in the Argus case.. Local journalism is also up against it financially and so getting nearly 3-4 pages of Albion news and coverage every day, 3-4 stories online, and tweets from Andy Naylor and Brian Owen (FOR FREE) and photos from Simon Dack etc seems like something every fan at the Albion should be trying to protect.

So says a social media journalist.

I've been back in the country for eight years and haven't bought a copy of the Argus and I quickly unfollowed Naylor. I don't feel I've missed out at all. It's precisely because of the coverage of the club site / Seagulls Player, independent fan media like TSLR and Albion Roar, our increased profile in the Nationals and choosing my Albion follows on twitter carefully that I can draw this line. If anything I'm still over informed.

Why draw the line at the Argus? Because I find it a reactionary local version of the Mail that props up its Green baiting and stories of cats up trees with the Albion coverage. Think Naylor understands twitter? What about his 'hilarious' scoop about 'Albion' (i.e. WBA). Frankly if he'd done that here as a thread title HKFC would have edited it in 30 seconds flat. Or how about the time he didn't break the exclusive that we were signing, er, Dean Hammond.

NB: There are several bot/ twitter accounts that scrape the web for links to news stories and put #bhafc at end of their tweets.
Presumably the bots are old now and still have Poyet as one of their keywords to scrape links which explains the sunderland spam. eg: https://twitter.com/BHAFC_/ (BHAFC tweets)
I see lots of people complain to this account. Doubt if anyone is reading the replies.

At least [MENTION=23140]Albion[/MENTION]chat, another bot, which used to retweet every mention of the albion has now gone.

This is very true though. They've all been unfollowed without complaint or drama.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012

You clearly could'nt do his job as he needs to fill a back page every day not every 3, if he does't stretch out the coverage he loses his job, Stoke fan or not he has as much right as anyone to comment on the club or anything else he feels like or do we live in a world censored by dingbat online trolls?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here