Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pompey - showing their class

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No, he didn't. Pretty shabby bit of refereeing, that, as well as pretty shabby behaviour by a yob in a Portsmouth football shirt (I won't dignify his status by calling him a player).

Mowatt sent off - fair enough
Pompey player - not given (second) yellow. Ridiculous

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Short memories and all that, three words -Adam el abd

Nothing to do with short memories at all. The PFC here, has acted like a snidey disrespectful #****. Any Albion player acting the same way, in the past or in the future, would also be a #****.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Short memories and all that, three words -Adam el abd

Adam El-Abd regains credibility though for being so hard as nails for making light of a horrific injury in a match against Southampton(?)

And also for single-handedly getting half the Pompey team booked in the match at Withdean. You can't hate a man for that, surely?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Adam El-Abd regains credibility though for being so hard as nails for making light of a horrific injury in a match against Southampton(?)

And also for single-handedly getting half the Pompey team booked in the match at Withdean. You can't hate a man for that, surely?

That was probably the funniest game I've been to. I seem to recall there was about 10 minutes of the ref constantly blowing his whistle and dishing out cards to Pompey players like party bags at a kid's birthday. It was wonderful to see.

I think the Pompey player right at the end of the video giving it the "ummm, I'm telling the ref on you" should also be punished. No one likes a grass.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Not at all, goes down in Albion folklore! Against Southampton they were going to by pass the stretcher and call a hearse, but then after Lambert was shown the red card Adam made a miraculous recovery defying all medical logic!! He WAS definitely one of our own!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not at all, goes down in Albion folklore! Against Southampton they were going to by pass the stretcher and call a hearse, but then after Lambert was shown the red card Adam made a miraculous recovery defying all medical logic!! He WAS definitely one of our own!!

I recall a photo showing the muscle bursting through the skin of his leg. I'm v squeamish so not in any hurry to have that confirmed.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This thread is going off track now, but didn't Adam El Abd play several games with a fracture to his leg? Hard as nails.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I caught some of that when it was being reported on SSN. Didn't see the incident, just saw the players pushing each other, and a Pompey player laying on the floor. I knew it would turn out to be a nothing bit of contact.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Adam was a proper wind up merchant, just loved the guy

Wasn't it El-Abd who Rugby tackled an ENTIRE wall out the way and we scored?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wasn't it El-Abd who Rugby tackled an ENTIRE wall out the way and we scored?

Hull, i think - when Vicente scored a late free kick.

D

Deleted member 2719

The #twats look like they have fecked up another year.

Marvellous scene's.:clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here