Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steak house?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreed - the Capital Grille and Smith and Wollenskys for example..........but these are eclipsed by places like Figueredos in Sao Paulo (none of this is helping the OP with his question though !)
Again would disagree with this I haven't been to Argentina but I went to Brazil for the world cup and after hearing rave reviews about the meat there I was shocked at how bad it was. And my view has been backed up by a few people here notably by one of the head chefs at ledbury.

I went to the restaurant you are talking with the tree in the middle in sao Paolo. They served me an average steak with what can only be described as walkers crisps on the side!! Absolute rubbish. They also told me they don't hang the meat.... The mrs ordered a fish that was frozen in the middle. Apart from maybe "Dom" Brazilians can't do top end dining in my opinion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Again would disagree with this I haven't been to Argentina but I went to Brazil for the world cup and after hearing rave reviews about the meat there I was shocked at how bad it was. And my view has been backed up by a few people here notably by one of the head chefs at ledbury.

I went to the restaurant you are talking with the tree in the middle in sao Paolo. They served me an average steak with what can only be described as walkers crisps on the side!! Absolute rubbish. They also told me they don't hang the meat.... The mrs ordered a fish that was frozen in the middle. Apart from maybe "Dom" Brazilians can't do top end dining in my opinion.

Were you there with locals ? I was told it makes a significant difference......

Went to some decent places in Argentina and Colombia but can't remember the names, was a while ago. Best steak I have ever had was at the Capital Grille in NY though - porcini rubbed delomico. Just melted away. Damn, now I'm hungry......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here