Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why put false plates on a pool car? Presumably it's been booked out by Steve.

P4210001.JPG

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is an excellent distraction waiting for Birmingham v Middlesbrough.

Sadly the last episode of this run is on Thursday :nono:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yeah, and why the close up emphasis when he signed his gun back in, with the dodgy looking geezer behind him?

I smell a few issues for young fella Steve.

View attachment 73983

SARGEANT 1561 who is that? He or she has got a gun out. I have wiped my recordings so I cannot check.

Lots of clues fitting for a who done it series. Lots of them are just misleads though and seem to go nowhere.

Another shooting?

There is another anomaly in the details. How did Dot know (guessed?) that Denton was impersonating a Police Officer?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
SARGEANT 1561 who is that? He or she has got a gun out. I have wiped my recordings so I cannot check.

Lots of clues fitting for a who done it series. Lots of them are just misleads though and seem to go nowhere.

Another shooting?

There is another anomaly in the details. How did Dot know (guessed?) that Denton was impersonating a Police Officer?

Sat in a car outside watching her showing her ID, which would have been fake.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sat in a car outside watching her showing her ID, which would have been fake.

OK then, just about. Dot was following Denton.

Suspicion is the form where Steve Arnott signed his gun out gets lost? Is this too obvious?

Unless the twist is that Sargeant 1561 gets framed instead of Arnott? Or as well as? Everybody gets framed excpet Dot, unless they get killed as well.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think the snidely woman lawyer is bent in some way, I think she may play a huge part in the last episode.

Can't wait

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What is the list of names? Not evidence (no blood stains on computer). Not even worth killing for?

But she was killed for it - that's precisely the point. Steve said there was something in the envelope (and this was backed up by forensics) and accused Dot of either missing it or covering it up. The fact that the list exists (and there's no need for forensics here) backs up what Steve was saying.

And if the list exonerates him, then why would he kill Lindsay for revealing it? He would welcome it

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've given myself a headache over all this. Amazing series but I often struggle to remember the details from the previous episoides.

Is it taken as known that Bains shot Waldron now? Will the blonde police officer come back in the last episode? She's still suspended, right?

Did I miss the reason why Denton sending the list to AC-12 before being shot would definitely incriminate Dot?

Oh god. I'm too thick to watch these. Amazing series though. I remember getting like this over the 2nd series.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But she was killed for it - that's precisely the point. Steve said there was something in the envelope (and this was backed up by forensics) and accused Dot of either missing it or covering it up. The fact that the list exists (and there's no need for forensics here) backs up what Steve was saying.

And if the list exonerates him, then why would he kill Lindsay for revealing it? He would welcome it

If Denton is right and a Caddy is nothing more than an assistant to the main player, Dot may have been ordered to eliminate or prevent the list getting through and the names being investigated. But it is names by an informant, hardly evidence.

Blood stains, gun residue in the car is evidence.

There could be a multitiude of hidden reasons why the list is important though? I do not think people can be arrested for being on a list. It is not even a complaint. I am not sure of the newspapers would have any grounds for printing if politicians are involved?

The plot does not really stand up to close scrutiny and I have to suspend belief.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Denton is right and a Caddy is nothing more than an assistant to the main player, Dot may have been ordered to eliminate or prevent the list getting through and the names being investigated. But it is names by an informant, hardly evidence.

Blood stains, gun residue in the car is evidence.

There could be a multitiude of hidden reasons why the list is important though? I do not think people can be arrested for being on a list. It is not even a complaint. I am not sure of the newspapers would have any grounds for printing if politicians are involved?

The plot does not really stand up to close scrutiny and I have to suspend belief.

You're missing the point. This is nothing to do with the names on the list - they're irrelevant. I'm talking purely about the theories that the next episode will see Steve being framed - I'm saying that the mere existence of the list (regardless of what's on it) is enough to suggest that he's on the right track.

Of course, Ted could ignore it and cover it up as well but that takes it to another level. I'm assuming that Ted is straight

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Show goes into the last mInutes of Injury Time?

Will it end in a blood bath or a whimper?

Will the armed response unit go in heavy-handed again to arrest Steve Arnott (or wil they devise something subtler) ?

Who will next get killed?

Put your outrageous predictions here:

Hastings will have a sudden heart attack (but that would really muck up Series 4)

We are all meant to think that Steve Arnott is in the frame, but he will be need for Series 4, so I assume he will not get shot. But Martin Compston might get a contract with another series, so he could get shot right at the end to pan it out for 90 minutes.

But there could be a kidnapping and hostage situation: that would use lots of time?

Who knows. It is a preposterous plot but shows nowadays have to compete with the sudden twist and turns of football. The public must expect a shock result?!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The scene with Morton and Dot and the wrong SIM card has to mean something. Can't be a seed for series 4.

So I reckon Dot may or may not kill Arnott, but in the end he'll be negotiating immunity and witness protection in order to bring the corrupt main players at the top of the tree to justice in series 4.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The scene with Morton and Dot and the wrong SIM card has to mean something. Can't be a seed for series 4.

So I reckon Dot may or may not kill Arnott, but in the end he'll be negotiating immunity and witness protection in order to bring the corrupt main players at the top of the tree to justice in series 4.

In the traditional American gangster way (and a in series 2), Dot would have a hitman after him. The baddies would foresee this. But so would Dot himself. Dot could just disappear entirely (Lord Lucan style) ???

Not so long to go now. KO 9 pm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here