Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Brexit allies:

SNN2706X---_1966359a.jpg

Oh dear, i did think it was a bit harsh you being labelled a bit "dim", even after the last few days of your posts (a change from your banal threads you start) but unfortunately these other posters have a good case.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just what do you mean by expert. I mean it when I say I genuinely don't care how dumb Brits appear when a large proportion claim to be intelligent yet are clearly not

The choice is home rule, or rule from abroad by unknown people.

As an Irishman we knew that the German monarch her family and her parliament were lording

But we genuinely do not know who rules In Europe

They have already drawn up plans for much further control over the uk if the Brits are thick enough to vote for it

It's amusing to read people post about what a paid propagandist says your economy will look like in twenty years and have some chap lap it up like the man is a prophet

I genuinely do not care either way.

I love my country.

A good post.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
French Companies have become one of the biggest creater of Global Corporations. They have huge Global Companies all over the World, they run the Companies that supply most of the power to this Country, they even supply the food at the Amex. Transport all over America, there's a long list. Working outside the EU doesn't seem to have done them any harm.
Obama wants us as a route into the EU. GB... Americas bitch. As for going to the back of the queue for trade negotiations, I'm pretty sure we don't sell them any thing that isn't imported to them without a tax mark up at the moment.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
French Companies have become one of the biggest creater of Global Corporations. They have huge Global Companies all over the World, they run the Companies that supply most of the power to this Country, they even supply the food at the Amex. Transport all over America, there's a long list. Working outside the EU doesn't seem to have done them any harm.
Obama wants us as a route into the EU. GB... Americas bitch. As for going to the back of the queue for trade negotiations, I'm pretty sure we don't sell them any thing that isn't imported to them without a tax mark up at the moment.

If, as you say ,French companies are so successful globally, and their Government is historically very keen on the EU, how come our companies arent as successful, could it be that, just maybe, if we stopped whinging about Europe, and actually embraced it completely, we would be as successful.
Just a thought.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
But, 81% of the ethnic population consider themselves British. Thats good news.

Is it?

When did any British politician explain quite how profound the change would be to this country with immigration that would make white British people a minority in some towns and cities in their own country?

On the contrary they would have said this will never happen, don't worry.

Like them you have no understanding of what the future may look like in some areas of the country which are going through this profound change.

Today there were two British citizens jailed for life for plotting to kill their fellow citizens.........hooray!

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
No, I fear it's you making the big assumptions here!

Firstly it presumes that were we to Brexit that this would mean it would be impossible for a centre-left party to ever win an election in the UK again.
My view is a short term assessment of the next 3 years of Tory majority policy. Equally I don't think centre-left necessarily equates to a sensible environmental policy and also think a centre left victory in 2020 is not that likely. Without Scotland Tories will rule for a generation under our broken undemocratic fptp system.

And therefore you agree with the principle of unelected members of the European Commission [having] ... the ability to push law ... through the EU parliament?
Really? Big leap you are making there. It's not a black & white choice. One has to decide what's important. For me that's the fact that human activity is destroying the ability of humans to exist on the planet. "Defecating in the well from which we draw life" (paraphrasing author David Mitchell). Changing that has to be done in coalition with other nations. Britain alone is sadly an environmental laggard.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If, as you say ,French companies are so successful globally, and their Government is historically very keen on the EU, how come our companies arent as successful, could it be that, just maybe, if we stopped whinging about Europe, and actually embraced it completely, we would be as successful.
Just a thought.

They have to do it globally, because their Employment laws are so stringent and screwed towards the Employee, that they find difficult if not impossible to do it in France. As to your point about embracing Europe because our Companies aren't as successful, they are, size isn't everything.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is it?

When did any British politician explain quite how profound the change would be to this country with immigration that would make white British people a minority in some towns and cities in their own country?

On the contrary they would have said this will never happen, don't worry.

Like them you have no understanding of what the future may look like in some areas of the country which are going through this profound change.

Today there were two British citizens jailed for life for plotting to kill their fellow citizens.........hooray!

The bulk of our immigrant population comes from Commonwealth countries, and Pakistan. Whether we were in or out of Europe this immigration would not have changed. Most of the new immigration is Eastern European, who are, for the main part Roman Catholic, or orthodox Christian, so, I don't really understand how European immigration can be blamed for two Muslim nutcases plotting to kill people.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They have to do it globally, because their Employment laws are so stringent and screwed towards the Employee, that they find difficult if not impossible to do it in France. As to your point about embracing Europe because our Companies aren't as successful, they are, size isn't everything.

If our companies are successful at the moment, make the most of it, cos if we leave the EU, they'll all be f****d

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They might not be, who knows......they could be f****d if we stay in.

Worth the gamble then, do you reckon?

Not for me, personally, I know the EU is far from perfect, and I'm not keen on the lack of democracy etc, but, it should be about the economy, and quite honestly, I don't think a leap into the dark would be very sensible, at the moment.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Worth the gamble then, do you reckon?

Not for me, personally, I know the EU is far from perfect, and I'm not keen on the lack of democracy etc, but, it should be about the economy, and quite honestly, I don't think a leap into the dark would be very sensible, at the moment.

Yes i believe it is worth the gamble. I believe the EU will get worse in the coming years, i believe some of the current EU countries will struggle and in its haste to keep the EU superstate on track the UK will have to dig deeper into the taxpayers pockets. I believe other countries will be excepted and expand the EU "dream". I believe that Germany will become the dominant force and countries like ourselves will regret losing our identity etc. I believe in 20 years time our children will be asking why we gave up governing ourselves and let an unelected body take over our nation........ a gamble, perhaps.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes i believe it is worth the gamble. I believe the EU will get worse in the coming years, i believe some of the current EU countries will struggle and in its haste to keep the EU superstate on track the UK will have to dig deeper into the taxpayers pockets. I believe other countries will be excepted and expand the EU "dream". I believe that Germany will become the dominant force and countries like ourselves will regret losing our identity etc. I believe in 20 years time our children will be asking why we gave up governing ourselves and let an unelected body take over our nation........ a gamble, perhaps.

This
But i dont see it as a gamble as such.

If we left i dont believe successive labour and tory governments will sell all worker rights down the river as some claim,i dont believe successive labour and tory governments will abandon all environmental concerns and we will suddenly become stig of the dump. I dont buy into the rhetoric this country is so useless we have to hold hands with europe to achieve anything,i seem to have much more faith in the businesses ,workers and leaders in this country to forge trade links and continue to innovate than all the doomonger leaders in the remain camp combined.
I do wish they would stop running the country down,its totally unfounded.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
So the economies of the EU and the EURO are all doing really well.

Wrong.

Someone in the Remain camp please remind me why we should be in the EU?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This
But i dont see it as a gamble as such.

If we left i dont believe successive labour and tory governments will sell all worker rights down the river as some claim,i dont believe successive labour and tory governments will abandon all environmental concerns and we will suddenly become stig of the dump. I dont buy into the rhetoric this country is so useless we have to hold hands with europe to achieve anything,i seem to have much more faith in the businesses ,workers and leaders in this country to forge trade links and continue to innovate than all the doomonger leaders in the remain camp combined.
I do wish they would stop running the country down,its totally unfounded.

"I do wish they would stop running the country down"...........this in a nutshell. This country can not be that bad, seems people from other countries are desperate to come here....seems other countries are willing to invest here if the utilities companies are anything to go by.......seems the banks from all over the world love London.......seems our NHS is used by all and sundry.
Best to just run down anybody that talks the nation up, can not have that, no siree....you know what you are if you talk the country up......you are a insert the usual words

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here