Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Radio Two and Simon Mayo.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Which ex- Radio One presenter will get the gig?

Suspect you're spot on: they'll bring in an old R1 favourite for their second flagship show of the day.

Soon, you'll wake up to discover Ball's in your face, and drive home with Cox in your ear.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Suspect you're spot on: they'll bring in an old R1 favourite for their second flagship show of the day.

Soon, you'll wake up to discover Ball's in your face, and drive home with Cox in your ear.

:eek::lolol::bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Unfortunately extremely unlikely . . .lets just hope MR makes a full recovery . . . looks like they're in the graveyard slot Sat am now.

R6M ( & R4) are the only stations listenable for me . . . . R6M's shake up doesn't look so good . . . not sure what I'm going to do during the day when it all changes.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Put Liza Tarbuck on the drive slot. She's always worth listening to, funny, self-deprecating and warm. And she's got a face for radio.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Radio 2 to solve the Drivetime vacancy by not taking anymore presenters, instead between the news on the hour and the traffic news on the half hour, they will play 7 singles in a row, then between the traffic news and the news they will play side 1 of an album, with side 2 being played in an hours time.

Bound to be a winner and will save the BBC salary costs and has the added bonus of no scandal in future years, so a win win

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's 1/6 with the bookies that the next hosts gender is a woman, 7/4 a man, 2/1 another double act and 12/1 gender neutral/gender fluid.

Of the potential replacements Sara Cox is early fave, with Vernon Kay, Clara Amfo, Edith Bowman, Alex Jones and Ferne Cotton others in with a shout.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Tony Blackburn for the drive time show for me. Exceptional DJ.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Been confirmed the drive time show will be hosted by Sara Cox in the least surprising news ever. I don’t mind Sara when she’s filled in on the breakfast show etc and her evening show was entertaining enough. She’s a good fit for the show although sometimes she needs to tone down the northerness.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
She used to annoy the fvuck out of me when she was younger but when she's filled in for Chris Evans I've actually quite enjoyed her shows. I'll definately give it a listen when she starts ..... but not before !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Drivetime: Jeremy Vine calls for BBC to change name of radio show

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46162312

BBC Radio 2's Drivetime show should be renamed because it celebrates "a form of transport that kills 1,700 people a year", presenter Jeremy Vine has said.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here