Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Tooth Fairy

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
So we had friends round last night. It was a very late night. Completely forgot that my youngest daughter had lost a tooth that afternoon and placed it under her pillow. She wasn't happy this morning. I tried to tell her that, like most people, the Tooth Fairy likes to kick back on a Friday night and take a night off but she's not having it.

What do I do?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
You should've told her the real tooth, and said the tooth fairy was delayed because she was having major root canal surgery on one of her molars!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tooth.JPG

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tell her the tooth fairy doesn't actually exist and you refuse to bow to child extortion. At the same time you may as well tell her about Father Christmas as well and save yourself a fortune :thumbsup:

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Tell her the tooth fairy doesn't actually exist and you refuse to bow to child extortion. At the same time you may as well tell her about Father Christmas as well and save yourself a fortune :thumbsup:

Yeah, you're right. I'll do that.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I did that once. The tooth fairy wrote a very apologetic note to my daughter explaining that she’d had an accident on the way and spent the night in A&E. I made the font as small as possible.

I think I got away with it.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Just out of curiosity, what is the going rate now? When I was a kid you got 6d, when my kids were little it had gone up to £1, what is it now?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I did that once. The tooth fairy wrote a very apologetic note to my daughter explaining that she’d had an accident on the way and spent the night in A&E. I made the font as small as possible.

This. You have to tear the piece of paper, and use a fine rotor pen to write very small, with a few spelling mistakes and a few letters written back to front. You then crumple the paper and brown it using a tea bag, then quickly dry it in the oven so it looks parchment and crinkly. The message should include an apology, and an explanation that the poor little fairy is very small and just had too many teeth to collect last night - variations of reasons are required for repeated use!
Leave under the pillow the next night, with the money (and maybe a little bonus) and remove tooth. Guaranteed. It worked every time. I believe some of those letters from the tooth fairy are still kept as treasured mementoes of childhood many, many years later.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Tell her as it was CIN last night the tooth fairy decided to give the money to good causes. You never know you might get away with it.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
i don't believe that an hour and a bit into this thread and no one has chastised you for being a bad parent for forgetting in the first place :banana:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
i don't believe that an hour and a bit into this thread and no one has chastised you for being a bad parent for forgetting in the first place :banana:

Perhaps because we’ve all done it!

I was mortified the first time, but my kids soon realised the tooth fairy was pretty unreliable.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just say she was downstairs getting drunk with you and passed out on the sofa in the early hours.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Tell her you saw the Tooth Fariey about to leave her a Chelski shirt :eek: and you stopped that and it might be back tonight:clap2:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you didn't want to throw the teeth away after the fairy collects then you can make one of these

bhxe16rb86dz.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

My daughter found my son's tooth years ago and put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. I wrote her a very stern letter from the tooth fairy explaining that if she tried to con her again she would be forced to put her on the naughty list and pass on the information to the easter bunny and Father Christmas. My daughter left a note under her pillow the following night saying she was very sorry and sh'll never do anything like that again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here