Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Championship tonight

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Certainly looks like being another "buy our way to promotion" like QPR, Leicester and Bournemouth.

Wolves fans on the Everton forum yesterday were talking about being in the Champions League in 3/4 seasons.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Certainly looks like being another "buy our way to promotion" like QPR, Leicester and Bournemouth.

Wolves fans on the Everton forum yesterday were talking about being in the Champions League in 3/4 seasons.

Delusions of grandeur. Wasn't that what Villa's Chairman was claiming when he bought the club ? Wolves do look ominously strong in the Championship, but of course no guarantees, and fines could still be issued if/when they came back down, assuming they go up of course. Wolves were absolutely dreadful last time they were in the top flight, to be boasting of getting into the CL, bearing in mind the strength of the top 6 is laughable

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Be good to see Wolves back in the top flight. Proper club - but more to the point, we really missed our 6 points a season against them when they got relegated in 1982 - they could come in handy in the PL in 2018-19!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am surprised how poor Fulham appear to be. Played us off the park twice last season, I thought they'd come good this year.

Once again it seems to be a very competitive and exciting division, glad we're out of it for the moment. It would have been tough to expect us to be around the top for the third season running and we'd probably have had to rebuild completely this season.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Be good to see Wolves back in the top flight. Proper club - but more to the point, we really missed our 6 points a season against them when they got relegated in 1982 - they could come in handy in the PL in 2018-19!

I like Wolves. 95% of their fans were great to us on that brilliant day out at Easter. A city centre stadium, 20,000 even when they're rubbish and real noise. I'd love them to go up; far more so than some horrible clubs/fans - Leeds, Derby, Massive, Cardiff.

There's no guarantee after 16 games that Wolves are going up / have bought promotion. The accounts of Villa. Derby and Massive show huge losses, completely unsustainable. In effect, they have far better players than they really can afford, so they too are attempting to 'buy promotion'. Even Bristol City have local billionaire Stephen Lansdown (of Hargreaves Lansdown) bankrolling their push.

None of these lofty league positions is down to an amazing manager, working on a kow budget.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I am surprised how poor Fulham appear to be. Played us off the park twice last season, I thought they'd come good this year.

Once again it seems to be a very competitive and exciting division, glad we're out of it for the moment. It would have been tough to expect us to be around the top for the third season running and we'd probably have had to rebuild completely this season.

It seems all 3 of the teams that failed to win the play offs last season are currently frustrating their fanbase and struggling to a certain extent. Goes to show that what Chris and his players achieved last season in bouncing back was no mean feat.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It seems all 3 of the teams that failed to win the play offs last season are currently frustrating their fanbase and struggling to a certain extent. Goes to show that what Chris and his players achieved last season in bouncing back was no mean feat.

Good point.

Fulham and Reading over achieved IMO, now back down to earth.

The Albion used the disappointment of the cheating homer Riley, to bond closer together, they fought to keep Stephens, added the brilliant Murray and Duffy, then hey presto.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here