Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Manchester bomber was on a watch list, the bods in charge dropped the ball on him.

Maybe if we had more police funding it wouldn't of happened? So,ethimb I believe labour want to do.

The hashtags etc **** me off royally, as much as the "deport them all" crew.

We will never have enough Police, fact!

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's be honest, there is nothing any political party can do about the islam issue, it's here and it's never going away, this is an un-deniable fact.

We could go on for 500 pages and increase our post counts to our little hearts desire, all fall out and still nothing will change, and it won't. Unless of course someone has the answer? Anyone?

Didn't think so! Never mind, back to hashtags and love is all around me.

Your post is spot on. It's too late.

larus

As the various emergency services and health workers wake up this particular morning I'm sure they will all agree with you. I guess some of their London colleagues haven't actually been to sleep.

OK, maybe I should have added exclusions as regarding the emergency services/armed forces, but there are many in the public sector who are jobsworths. But in your typical, pathetic, pompous style you try (and fail) to score cheap points. Linking my comments toward council type staff to the attacks last night for purely political advantage is typical of you though - play the man and not the facts. Stick to your predictions pal, please give us another prediction for this election. Then we can all laugh at you again for being out of touch.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Judging by the fact these attacks have occurred during Ramadan I cannot see these people having anything to do with Islam

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes. I seriously believe that things would change with Jeremy Corbyn, John McDonnell, Emily Thornberry and Diane Abbott in the great offices of state.
I would trust all of them more than Boris Johnson.

larus

What ever May etc are doing isn't working either.

Shows how ridiculous the talk about nuclear bombs is When that is clearly not the current issue.

No exactly. Let's adopt the Corbyn policy of letting in more people as that's clearly working well for this country isn't it. These attacks are from non British people who don't approve of our way of life.

Yes, I know they may be legally British by birth, but they don't view themselve as British by way of life - just to clarify before one of the usual suspects tries to twist my words.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No exactly. Let's adopt the Corbyn policy of letting in more people as that's clearly working well for this country isn't it. These attacks are from non British people who don't approve of our way of life.

Yes, I know they may be legally British by birth, but they don't view themselve as British by way of life - just to clarify before one of the usual suspects tries to twist my words.

3 people out of a multi cultural population of around 65.14m. I think you may be better leaving for America and joining Trump's supporters where you will fit in very well.

synavm

May 2, 2013
Cutting immigration won't do anything to stop terrorism in this country. Reviewing our counter radicalisation methods and splitting hate preachers apart from the main population in prisons may do, though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are you suggesting that a £10 minimum wage is unfair on businesses but millions of workers being paid less than the living wage is fair?

Do you believe that it is fair for me a normal tax payer to subsidise these low wages through working benefits? Dare I even say for your business too.

And as for inflation, considering it's only the lowest paid workers getting an increase inflation isn't going to go up as much as you're suspecting. I put this down to scare mongering and I'll informed nonsense.. If the entire economy gets a pay rise then you might have a point but it isn't so you don't.

As I said impact to businesses will be minimal. The millions of people getting an increase will be a greater reward.

you're quite wrong about this. the "fairness" of setting minimum wage to some arbitary, round figure bears no relation to the economic value of the job. you can argue that its right to value a persons labour at a certain amount, but its not a valid argument to say thats fair for a business to have to pay. you're making a ideological argument to support one group and forcing it upon another. increasing minimum wage will be inflationary as it doesnt only raise the wages of the lowest paid, it also raises wages of those layers of pay above them, to maintain pay diferentials. the impcat to business depends on the business and pay structures, for those that the increases breaks the business model they will have to cut staff hours to accomodate, so the net result for many low pay will be negligable.

larus

3 people out of a multi cultural population of around 65.14m. I think you may be better leaving for America and joining Trump's supporters where you will fit in very well.

Here comes the usual apologist. It's not just 3, there were 5 last night btw. And last week in Manchester. And Westminster Bridge. And Glasgow. And the 7/7 attacks. And the thousands in watch lists. And the hundreds/thousands fighting in Syria for ISIS.

Yeah, it's just 3 people.

It you love Islam so much, I suggest you move to Pakistan and see how well they embrace you there.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What ever May etc are doing isn't working either.

Shows how ridiculous the talk about nuclear bombs is When that is clearly not the current issue.

Isn't working? There have been numerous attacks thwarted by the security services/police over the last few years. There are 500 live counter-terrorist investigations at any time, there are 23000 people on the radar. The security services have always said some will eventually get through, it's impossible to guarantee 100% security in a free society. It took just 8 minutes for the Police to respond to and kill all the terrorists.

It's ridiculous bringing the nuclear deterrent issue into a discussion about fighting terrorism. The current issue is how best to combat terrorism the man you want to become PM proudly boasts “I’ve been involved in opposing anti-terror legislation ever since I first went into Parliament in 1983”.

Prevention of Terrorism Bill in 1984. It introduced police powers to arrest a person suspected of involvement in acts of terrorism connected to Northern Ireland.

Corbyn: Voted against it

1989 Prevention of Terrorism Bill, which proscribed the IRA and Irish National Liberation Army.

Terrorism Act 2000
Introduced by the Labour government - gave a broad definition of terrorism for the first time. The Act also gave the police the power to detain terrorist suspects for up to seven days and created a list of proscribed terrorist organisations.

Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001

Aftermath of the London 7/7 bombings, part of the 2006 Terrorism Act - extended the detention-without-charge period from 14 to 28 days.

Counter-terrorism Act 2008

Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures Act

Justice and Security Act 2013

Now there may be some good arguments why he opposed one or two pieces of legislation but his serial opposition record suggests protecting the public isn't a top priority ..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder what the world would be like today had we left Saddam and Gaddafi alone?

Who knows. I doubt leaving them alone would have been a success but I do often wonder what different approaches could have yielded.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
OK, maybe I should have added exclusions as regarding the emergency services/armed forces, but there are many in the public sector who are jobsworths. But in your typical, pathetic, pompous style you try (and fail) to score cheap points. Linking my comments toward council type staff to the attacks last night for purely political advantage is typical of you though - play the man and not the facts. Stick to your predictions pal, please give us another prediction for this election. Then we can all laugh at you again for being out of touch.

But you didn't did you? And you then try and divert attention from your own inadequacies by grumbling about, and pointing the fingers at, others. Cheap.

larus

But you didn't did you? And you then try and divert attention from your own inadequacies by grumbling about, and pointing the fingers at, others. Cheap.

Maybe my point was quite clear to someone with reasonable intelligence as I was talking about the planning process, but I guess some people need things spelt out in basic language to make up for their own failings. I'll bear that in mind that I need to dumb things down for you.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Isn't working? There have been numerous attacks thwarted by the security services/police over the last few years. There are 500 live counter-terrorist investigations at any time, there are 23000 people on the radar. The security services have always said some will eventually get through, it's impossible to guarantee 100% security in a free society. It took just 8 minutes for the Police to respond to and kill all the terrorists.

It's ridiculous bringing the nuclear deterrent issue into a discussion about fighting terrorism. The current issue is how best to combat terrorism the man you want to become PM proudly boasts “I’ve been involved in opposing anti-terror legislation ever since I first went into Parliament in 1983”.

Prevention of Terrorism Bill in 1984. It introduced police powers to arrest a person suspected of involvement in acts of terrorism connected to Northern Ireland.

1989 Prevention of Terrorism Bill, which proscribed the IRA and Irish National Liberation Army.

Terrorism Act 2000
Introduced by the Labour government - gave a broad definition of terrorism for the first time. The Act also gave the police the power to detain terrorist suspects for up to seven days and created a list of proscribed terrorist organisations.

Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001

Aftermath of the London 7/7 bombings, part of the 2006 Terrorism Act - extended the detention-without-charge period from 14 to 28 days.

Counter-terrorism Act 2008

Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures Act

Justice and Security Act 2013

Now there may be some good arguments why he opposed one or two pieces of legislation but his serial opposition record suggests protecting the public isn't a top priority ..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here