Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refused entry after half-time. Standard procedure?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Years ago I tried to see Palace play at Craven Cottage, I arrived just after halftime to find the gates shut. Then fortunately for some reason someone wanted to leave the ground, and a couple of us got in whilst he was being let out. For nothing.

Didn't help much Fulham still won the game. But at least my pocket was saved some damage.

Apparently a number left on 90 mins at Swansea yesterday to beat the traffic & celebrate the win :thumbsup: (sorry couldn't resist)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Doesn't explain why Albion fans were leaving the ground at the Brentford game a good 20 minutes before the end, though! (sorry...)

Same as all your home defeats TBH... And at least we have the transport excuse (not that I agree with anyone leaving early unless it's a very good reason I may add).

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
For unforeseen reasons I was delayed on my journey to the game last night and didn't get to the stadium until the second half had started. All the turnstile doors were closed but a steward poked her head out and said "we have been told not to let anyone else" in. Obviously this saved me watching 40 minutes of crud but did deny me a pie.

Is it standard procedure to stop people entering after half-time. I can't see the logic behind it - it's not as if it is the opera. Plus there is no mention of this on the ticket website T&C or Ground Regulations. I've emailed the club asking for a refund as a matter of principle and their initial reply was that it is 'common place' for clubs to stop entry after half-time. It's the first time I have got to a ground so late so have no idea if this is the case or not.

Anyone experienced something similar?

:down:
I think it's a pointless exercise, I don't blame you for being pissed off , I can't see any reason to deny somebody entry.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My only experience of arriving after HT had the opposite outcome. It was against Preston at the Goldstone just after the big storm in 1987 and transport that day would have caused a meltdown on NSC. There were no trains to Brighton so I got a coach from Victoria which dropped me off on the A23 at Patcham so had to jog up the hill and into Hove. Went for the shortcut through Hove Park option but given the number of fallen trees it didn't help much. Finally turned up sometime during the second half and was let in to the West Terrace for free to see the end of a 0-0 draw.
Hope that helps (don't expect it does much)...

THAT is dedication .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Plenty of fans were 30mins late due to the train fiasco against Villa. Weird

I'd have thought that with the trains being currently unfit for purpose, it would be adding insult to injury for the club to deny anybody with a valid ticket entry at any point in the game. Or at least give them a full refund on their ticket.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was watching 'em leave from the South Stand, three by three.. as were all the other Bees supporters around me. I don't know when I will have a chance to see Palace next at the AMEX, do I?
Ah I forgot you were there supporting your real team. And yes, when we swap places, I don't for a moment consider the chances of playing crystal palace 2010 likely ever again as you'll be in the middle of admin number 3.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not that it's really relevant, but I was let in at half time for the Netherlands match at Italia 90. For free too.Put in a little pen sandwiched between the Dutch and neutral's down the opposite end to ours.

As a side note, it was highly amusing to see England fans at both ends ruining the numerous attempts at the Mexican wave by standing up giving a :tosser: gesture and proceeding to 'Have a disco'

Fun times :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here