Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Can anyone recommend the best android box?

It's subjective really, what I think is good someone else might not. Best to look on Google at reviews and decide. I have the mxq pro and they are £25 on eBay fully loaded(preloaded with the sources).

albionite

May 20, 2009

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm still running through my laptop atm.

I was on Theblackbox but that's gone now.

Last night I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled from fresh using The Beast. And it's pretty damn good. Lots of preinstalled addons. And nearly all I've checked so far seem to work.

I've now also got the hang of installing extra addons via the seo-michael links so have managed to add the sports providers I did have and seems more stable so am looking at buying an android box or a firestick. If you get a firestick can you put Kodi on it or do you have to jailbreak it?

There is SO much available I'm seriously considering binning off my BT TV subscription and just paying for the super unlimited fibre broadband and TV license fee.

The only question I have is that the addons that do have errors usually have the little box come up in the corner that says....

"(addons name) has an error, please check the log for details"

What is "the log"?

Where is "the log"?

How do I check it?

What can I do to get everything to work? Is it just that some addons don't work sometimes and just live with it or do I have to configure something to get it to work?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm still running through my laptop atm.

I was on Theblackbox but that's gone now.

Last night I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled from fresh using The Beast. And it's pretty damn good. Lots of preinstalled addons. And nearly all I've checked so far seem to work.

I've now also got the hang of installing extra addons via the seo-michael links so have managed to add the sports providers I did have and seems more stable so am looking at buying an android box or a firestick. If you get a firestick can you put Kodi on it or do you have to jailbreak it?

There is SO much available I'm seriously considering binning off my BT TV subscription and just paying for the super unlimited fibre broadband and TV license fee.

The only question I have is that the addons that do have errors usually have the little box come up in the corner that says....

"(addons name) has an error, please check the log for details"

What is "the log"?

Where is "the log"?

How do I check it?

What can I do to get everything to work? Is it just that some addons don't work sometimes and just live with it or do I have to configure something to get it to work?

Not sure what you mean by the black box is gone now as it still works for people I know.

Easiest way of installing kodi on firestick here. https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/ no jailbreak needed.

The log file error can be many things, I'm no expert but what I do is this-

Find another source or
Wait a minute and try again or
If I something like sportsdevil where I keep getting errors I just uninstall and reinstall the latest repo.
That has always worked for me. N

As for binning off your subscription, it is worth it. I can say with some confidence that there is not anything available to watch anywhere in the world in TV/satellite/cable/cinema that I cannot also watch.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I meant the author has stopped. It's been taken over by Paradox. Mine stopped working and couldn't update it, so I tried Paradox and followed the install exactly but it wouldn't work. I just kept coming back to the bubble screen without the new skins and none of the addons would work so I binned it off.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Is there any way of searching all the channels in the add-ons for a particular film?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is there any way of searching all the channels in the add-ons for a particular film?

There is in specto/genesis. Are you looking for a particular film?
[MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION], am I right in thinking you're asking whether you can search all your add-ons at once for a particular film? i.e. if you have Phoenix, Specto/Genesis, UK Turks, Zem etc. you can search them all to get your results?

I think each add-on has it's own functional way of searching / or creating its databases. I've found Specto easiest for searching or browsing as it has categories for years, people, popular, oscar winning, genres etc. as well as being about to title search or people search. In Phoenix add-on through say Valhala you don't seem to get a search function like you do with Specto. I've also found Specto a bit flaky in that if I pause during a film, I sometimes lose the stream completely, have to come out and try another one and work out where I was when I paused.

I now need to work out how to create a more personalised menu so I can get to the Specto search from a button straight off...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Has anyone had problems this week with SportsDevil>Live Sports>livesportstreams.tv?

Keep getting Web Request Failed message.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Has anyone had problems this week with SportsDevil>Live Sports>livesportstreams.tv?

Keep getting Web Request Failed message.

Just checked and its the same for me, I expect it will be updated at some point. All the stuff in there are available on the other sources though.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
[MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION]
I now need to work out how to create a more personalised menu so I can get to the Specto search from a button straight off...
You can install a TV guide and customise it, so when you press 1 you get BBC1, or say you pressed 101 you would get sky sports 1 etc. Saves searching every time. Basically whatever number you assign to a channel, then you just press that next time and go directly to that source.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just checked and its the same for me, I expect it will be updated at some point. All the stuff in there are available on the other sources though.

Cheers.
I try to use that though cos I seem to get a much better stream with it.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
[MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION], am I right in thinking you're asking whether you can search all your add-ons at once for a particular film? i.e. if you have Phoenix, Specto/Genesis, UK Turks, Zem etc. you can search them all to get your results?

I think each add-on has it's own functional way of searching / or creating its databases. I've found Specto easiest for searching or browsing as it has categories for years, people, popular, oscar winning, genres etc. as well as being about to title search or people search. In Phoenix add-on through say Valhala you don't seem to get a search function like you do with Specto. I've also found Specto a bit flaky in that if I pause during a film, I sometimes lose the stream completely, have to come out and try another one and work out where I was when I paused.

Yes mate, just asking if there's any software anyone knows about that enables a search through all add-ons

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Most of the add ons have a search facility, all with varying degrees of success.
There is one called MEGA SEARCH but you still have to select which host you want it to search, it wont search the 50+ hosts automatically.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Another question. How do I add salts to be able to play some of the Genesis movies?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here