Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who should replace Blatter?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blatter has now been suspended by FIFA.

Please tell me this is a modified form of hanging........................

Edit: OK. He's only been recommended for suspension - I was just repeating a BBC headline.

Last edited:

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Sepp-Blatter_1372418c.jpg

Vas?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The reign of Sepp Blatter as the President of FIFA rumbles on, bouncing from crisis to crisis with him holding his hands up and saying that he hasn’t done anything wrong, and that he has FIFA’s best interests at heart. February can’t come soon enough.

But who should replace him? Platini has been tarred with the same brush, and many of the other replacements lining themselves up seem to be a little dodgy too.

We need a FIFA President who:

• Loves football and cares about the game
  • Is scrupulously honest
  • Is well respected by the fans
  • Has played football at a reasonable level, and
  • He can score a goal with his face.

What do you think? I think he’d be great!

Alex Dawson - he fits the bill and scored loads of goals for the Albion with his face. Just look at his mug

U2P1957.jpg

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The reign of Sepp Blatter as the President of FIFA rumbles on, bouncing from crisis to crisis with him holding his hands up and saying that he hasn’t done anything wrong, and that he has FIFA’s best interests at heart. February can’t come soon enough.

But who should replace him? Platini has been tarred with the same brush, and many of the other replacements lining themselves up seem to be a little dodgy too.

We need a FIFA President who:

• Loves football and cares about the game
  • Is scrupulously honest
  • Is well respected by the fans
  • Has played football at a reasonable level, and
  • He can score a goal with his face.

What do you think? I think he’d be great!

This bloke

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For me, the issue isn't replacing Blatter so much as scrapping the whole FIFA organisation and starting again. We don't need a President.

There should be an Executive Management Team of 12 people from industry, sport, commerce - plus a CEO and a Chairman, plus a couple of non-Execs to scrutinise and challenge the Exec Management Team if needed. We don't need this huge, bloated construct which is FIFA today with delegates and hangers-on from every corner of the globe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Edit: OK. He's only been recommended for suspension - I was just repeating a BBC headline.

He's been provisionally suspended for 90 days.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Landon Donovan

He has connections to big American money and knows world football. He also has many European friends. He's a great ambassador. Unfortunately he, like Beckham, only knows English and that won't get him votes.

The media would probably pick over and try assign blame for the collision he had where the other player eventually died (a very long time ago)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here