Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stepdad threatened by the club

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Come on with half a story...The bits you want everyone to hear...Sorry no sympathy from me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I underpaid for some time. The club adjusted the direct debit and clawed the cash back over the following year. They didn't send me any letter. The first I knew was when I got a letter stating my direct debit was increasing.

Assuming the OP is an honest mistake then I presume they'd be treated the same as me.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I underpaid for some time. The club adjusted the direct debit and clawed the cash back over the following year. They didn't send me any letter. The first I knew was when I got a letter stating my direct debit was increasing.

Assuming the OP is an honest mistake then I presume they'd be treated the same as me.

That was the same with my situation after some discussion

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Then the club have absolutely no recompense to claim past payments, but do have the right to request the correct price in future. Probably.

Why? The season is not over yet either. Is there a point of law then? The tax man has come to me in the past for not paying enough tax in previous years.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
From the Argus today:-

MarmadukeStepDad.jpg

I am not in any way inferring that this article is directly related to Marmaduke's stepdad's situation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From the Argus today:-

View attachment 72314

I am not in any way inferring that this article is directly related to Marmaduke's stepdad's situation.

It is all clearly very directly related.

That's not to say that the OP's case is intentional. As I say - mistakes can be made.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Lol. I was about to post that article as well. Seems highly coincidental

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its possible in this clampdown that genuine cases will get caught up in it. Its interesting to read the last bit of that piece having not thought the problem would be anywhere near that bad

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Its possible in this clampdown that genuine cases will get caught up in it. Its interesting to read the last bit of that piece having not thought the problem would be anywhere near that bad

I think the club have had enough and have made plenty of warnings over the past month or so. They are generally decent with fans and have accepted honest mistakes have occurred.
However going to a game as an adult using a kids ticket is fraud by false representation and a criminal offence. Likewise KNOWINGLY under paying a season ticket is theft and not a mistake. If I am caught travelling on the railways on a child's ticket I would expect to be prosecuted for it and have a fine to pay. I don t see this as any different.
I still think the club accept mistakes but are no longer allowing people to get away with it and are making efforts to correct and recover their money which they have every right to do. Those that choos not to pay up rightfully will be refused access. Seems the club are being reasonable and allowing people to alter DDs to cover previous short falls

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My Stepdad has had a season ticket for 20 years. Been going for 50.

Turns out the club have been undercharging him at the Amex....

That was ok.... shit happens. Mistakes can be made.

Would you then send an invoice of £441.51 to an OAP with a note asking him to reknew?

A lovely email from my Mum was rebuffed.

A section goes...

"Please confirm your acceptance of these terms and make the upfront payment required, so that we may ensure your husband's entry for the Bolton game"

He is 65 and has said he would've renewed but the letter and email upset him too much.

The club lost...

Straight question: has he been underpaying EVERY season at the Amex? Been paying OAP rate for 5 years?!

Also, what text is missing from the end of your post?

"... out on thousands of pounds because my stepdad has been underpaying" - ?!

Last edited:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
How are people still using Kids tickets to enter? I though there were stewards on the gate to check the colour of the light as you enter?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My Stepdad has had a season ticket for 20 years. Been going for 50.

Turns out the club have been undercharging him at the Amex....

That was ok.... shit happens. Mistakes can be made.

Would you then send an invoice of £441.51 to an OAP with a note asking him to reknew?

A lovely email from my Mum was rebuffed.

A section goes...

"Please confirm your acceptance of these terms and make the upfront payment required, so that we may ensure your husband's entry for the Bolton game"

He is 65 and has said he would've renewed but the letter and email upset him too much.

The club lost...

If he is currently 65 and owes £441.51, there is an interesting coincidence (which I'm sure is just a coincidence) that the sum owed would be equal to that had he been paying an OAP rate for the last 2 years, while knowingly under 65.

(I'm sure that isn't the situation and when you next post on here, I'm sure you'll explain how his current situation came about). :angel:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Very hard to take this thread seriously when the Op post the threads in the middle of the night and then is not heard from again in the first 6 pages of the thread. I would be taking this up with the club instead of leaving it open to conjecture on a forum where we have very few facts!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How are people still using Kids tickets to enter? I though there were stewards on the gate to check the colour of the light as you enter?

There are but I'm not sure stewards have been particularly vigilant in the past. When this was last discussed on NSC, there were some NSCers who intimated that some North Stand stewards never checked. Cynically, you may think they'd only know that because they were regularly using child tickets as an adult. Who knows?

Stewards will now be far more vigilant now that the extent of the problem is known.

Also, previously, there was no connect between the stewards and the ticket office so, if you got turned away for having the wrong ticket, you could merely wander round to the ticket office and innocently say "I need to upgrade this ticket to an adult for today please" and they'd process you and you'd be on your way again. I understand there will now be more of a tie-up between the stewards and the ticket office. As I say, if you have been chancing it in the past, now is the time to sort it out properly yourself.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
It would be interesting to know what lengths the club have gone to in order to clamp down on age related ticket issues. Do you have to provide proof of age when buying a season ticket at a concessionary rate? I wonder if they have cross referenced the date of births provided by those aged 65+ with the electoral roll? If I were in charge and I thought it was a widespread problem it's what I'd do despite it being a time consuming task.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Now im going to be paranoid as I scan my concession ticket this afternoon. Think I will just stay at home rather than risk a steward deciding im in the wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here