Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Bozza. I'm DRINKING and there's no thread.......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't like Wolf Blarse.
I'm drinking a white and red pseudo-burgundy from Goisot, who is a star up-and-coming producer.

Fair enough shout. I'm generally not drinking so mine was the best on offer in Boundary Road Tesco's at short notice, a place where RTAs are often caused by mobility scooters and, until recently, the white wine section was split in to "Medium" and "Dry".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gluten free Brewdog. Not too shabby

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fair enough shout. I'm generally not drinking so mine was the best on offer in Boundary Road Tesco's at short notice, a place where RTAs are often caused by mobility scooters and, until recently, the white wine section was split in to "Medium" and "Dry".

Can I offer you a New Year's Resolution?
Go out and buy a few cases of wine, and ensure that it never goes below a certain level, such that I don't have to reveal my snobbishness to you, when there's always [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] to outdo us all.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can I offer you a New Year's Resolution?
Go out and buy a few cases of wine, and ensure that it never goes below a certain level, such that I don't have to reveal my snobbishness to you, when there's always @Goldstone1976 to outdo us all.

Nah - not tonight. '74 Heitz Martha's Vineyard in magnum.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Think so. (One of their) Chardonnay's went really well with the crab linguine. The red's a bit of an acquired taste, a tad medicinal even, but I'm getting there.

Yep; agreed on both points. You have to get a really very good Chablis to beat their Aligote or Cotes d'Auxerre. A top grower.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't think I understand the running/no drinking thing.

Sure, if you're going to up early for a long one, you might want to steer clear the night before but otherwise, I'm not so sure why you would if you enjoy it. And given you, [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], probably weigh less than my 5-year-old son now, a few extra calories won't be hurting too much.

Regardless, I've not had a drink tonight as I slowly tip-toe my way back to some sort of healthy lifestyle, which clearly hasn't included running yet despite having a Garmin Forerunner 235 on my wrist for a couple of weeks now. And I know I'll get spanked tomorrow night.

Santé!

Spot on. When I did my first (and at the time, only, never to be done again etc) marathon, I went dry from January to April. Run turned to shite. Not tried going dry since. Have had a bit of wine tonight, and now having a glass of port despite having to run tomorrow, and will have a glass or two tomorrow ahead of 3+ hours running Sunday morning. All about balance [emoji3]

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep; agreed on both points. You have to get a really very good Chablis to beat their Aligote or Cotes d'Auxerre. A top grower.

I'm almost impressed with myself now. I got acquainted courtesy of Butler's; I'm trying now to identify wines that you might not have tried that I've also come across in Butler's: Terra di Lavoro; Conterno's Barolos.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm almost impressed with myself now. I got acquainted courtesy of Butler's; I'm trying now to identify wines that you might not have tried that I've also come across in Butler's: Terra di Lavoro; Conterno's Barolos.

Galardi?

I've had various Cascina Francia and Monfortino's. Super extracted, with a bit more oak than truly classical Barolo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here