Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby home crowd/tickets sold/seats remaining thread [Merged]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
weather is going to put plenty off, even those who have purchased tickets I reckon.

Really? Are people really that lightweight? also, the rain will have stopped well before k/o

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
weather is going to put plenty off, even those who have purchased tickets I reckon.

Seriously? £30+ per ticket and people aren't going to turn up because of a bit of light rain? Jheeeez. I remember sitting at Withdean against Millwall I think we won 4-1, literally the wettest a human could possibly be I was that day.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'm willing to bet some don't. Just the same as the STH who pay £500 a season and never go to a game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
supposed to rain til 8pm. I reckon some people are, yeah.

If people are that unfussed about the game that they'd not turn up because of a bit of rain, they wouldn't have spent £30 on a ticket in the first place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Seriously? £30+ per ticket and people aren't going to turn up because of a bit of light rain? Jheeeez. I remember sitting at Withdean against Millwall I think we won 4-1, literally the wettest a human could possibly be I was that day.

15,000 including 4,000 Millwall. You see the difference?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Less attractive opposition? What do you expect, United in the play offs?! Come on that's a poor excuse.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There are no STH who spend £500 and never go. What would be the point?

I know of one in the first season at the Amex. He didn't renew but money was not an issue for him. I think it was a ploy to get out from the missus!:D

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
15,000 including 4,000 Millwall. You see the difference?
Can you provide the details of when we had 15000 including 4000 millwall at withdrawn. I'm sure it would've gone against license condition

Sorry. Withdean (predictive text)

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They've released a load more tickets since I last checked (south corners of East and West lowers) but I'd assume that no more will be released and there are about 2070 tickets to sell.

So assuming 30,750 capacity and 250 seats for segregation then that's 28,500 sold now - but there will be the rest of the day to shift a few and a few sold at Brighton station. My guess is that it'll be around 29,200.

It'll look (but possibly not sound, least not in WSL amongst the sleeping librarians) like more than that because bums on seats will be a lot higher than normal :thumbsup:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It makes you wonder why jounalists need to go to the match at all. You get interviews on telly as well. Could just stay at home and pretty much do their job from there. Particularly the nationals who just write a short summary report.

If you see a short summary in a news outlet, it's doubtful a reporter attended - they would have used information from an agency such as the Press Association.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can you provide the details of when we had 15000 including 4000 millwall at withdrawn. I'm sure it would've gone against license conditions
I assumed he meant the 4-1 at the Goldstone for the play-off first leg and that Withdean was a typo.

I remember that one,stood up and my donkeys were so wet they fell down with the weight if water,happy days.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is the press box at the Amex particularly bad in this regard compared to similar stadia?

Much worse. I went on a hard-hat tour during the building of the Amex and Martin Perry showed me where the press box would be. I said it was too far forward and would get rained on, but he assured me that that wasn't the case and that only the first ten rows of seats would be affected. Sadly, wind means that rain seldom falls vertically, and because the press box is under the highest point of the West Stand roof, you get wet.

At other new grounds (Hull is a good example), the press box is much further back, and at Arsenal and Man City it's in the equivalent to the back few rows of the WSL. I believe there's an empty row at the back of the WSU that could be converted for press, which is similar to the locations at Hull, but would they want to climb up all those stairs? There's a lift at Hull. Of the older grounds, Tottenham's press box is lower down, but the roof projects further forward so it's usually okay. Newcastle is the only ground in the top two divisions where rain is more of a problem.

As for the wifi, it's a problem at many grounds, but Premier League stadiums now provide ethernet cables in every seat (the ones at Southampton are no better than their wifi, which goes down every few minutes).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here