Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Shame. I know he's going to go before he gets to me. I just know it. That said I thought that about others, but at this stage the one I've thought of is GOING to be picked :(

You could always send me a pm with that player's name and i will make sure it will be picked before your next go, just to save you from all of this anxiety.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
What's the score on negotiation with someone to swap picks? I'm willing to swap my next two picks for someone who's got one coming up...... Is this allowed because I have an utter blinder and am willing to do that to secure him!!!!!

They're non-negotiable, sorry!

If people are interested then in any future drafts we could put a transfer window in at the end for negotiating swap deals, however for now, you're team is your team. Finito.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
They're non-negotiable, sorry!

If people are interested then in any future drafts we could put a transfer window in at the end for negotiating swap deals, however for now, you're team is your team. Finito.

No worries I thought it would be a long shot, but if you don't ask you dont get lol

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Well, since I'm up, I make it 8 minutes since my window opened. I didn't go to more than about half a dozen games at Gillingham, I'm afraid, and the shame of that will no doubt follow me to my grave. For the more loyal among you, cast your minds back to Wednesday 3rd December, 1997.

If I'd said to you then that you were watching a future Champions League winner, you may well have agreed. If I'd then told you that it wasn't Jeff Minton, you'd have told me to **** off. But you'd have been wrong, for in the Notts County team that day was my next pick.

Promoted to the Premier League with Fulham, relegated from it with Portsmouth, in between he won the 2005 Champions League, 2006 FA Cup, and was runner up in the 2007 Champions League. He's played in all four professional divisions in England as well as the conference, and played in the UEFA Cup, Champions League and the World Cup finals.

Steve Finnan.

finnan1a5.jpg
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION], I hope I haven't dropped you in it by giving you the night shift.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm just about awake enough to claim PER MERTESACKER.

Over to [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] for two picks.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I'm just about awake enough to claim PER MERTESACKER.

Over to [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] for two picks.

Nnnnoooooooooooo!!!! Going to be left with Glenn Thomas at CB at this rate!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My next pick joins his brothers Ashley and Andrew on the player list page. Making his premier league debut at the tender age of 17. Making 339 premier league appearances for West Ham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Aston Villa scoring 46 goals in his time. Qualifies in numerous categories so a perfect pick. This creative midfielder also has three premier league championship medals.

Its Joe Cole

092cole_468x774.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Joining Cole in Midfield is a player who has won titles in three different counties, including the premier league. Made 69 appearances for Arsenal scoring 16 goals. A £10.5 million transfer fee paid to Sevilla by Arsenal helps with his categories as well.

Its José Antonio Reyes

reyes3.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This is a bit of a heart vs. head one for me - do I pick the player I am more in need of from a formation point of view but in the fairly sure knowledge that I'll miss out on one that I really want, or do I pick the one I want on the basis that I have more options for the other one, formation wise?

Ah sod it, I'm going for the latter and picking TOMAS ROSICKY.

Over to [MENTION=23606]Shatner's Bassoon[/MENTION], as well as a reminder to [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] that he has a catch-up pick to make. :thumbsup:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Joining Cole in Midfield is a player who has won titles in three different counties, including the premier league. Made 69 appearances for Arsenal scoring 16 goals. A £10.5 million transfer fee paid to Sevilla by Arsenal helps with his categories as well.

Its José Antonio Reyes

reyes3.jpg

Both on my short list :( every pick now is like a dagger through my heart!!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Very few players have won Premier League titles with two clubs, but since making his Premier League debut at the age of 18. With over 200 appearances in the league for Arsenal and Man City, 3 Premier League titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup, as well as featuring in the 2007-08 Premier League team of the year, my next pick is Gael Clichy.

clichy.jpeg
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION], who also has a catch up pick, is next.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Assuming I've counted correctly [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] has about 20 minutes of his window left, after which [MENTION=5392]Reinelt12[/MENTION] becomes available.

That would then mean that [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] would have TWO catch-up picks to make, as well of course as the FOUR for [MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION].

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
My next pick was a stalwart for what was a very good Aston Villa team - another midfield engine who weighed in with his fair share of goals... IAN TAYLOR

Sorry, need someone to page the next up as on mobile...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My next pick became one of the country's leading centre backs after he moved to Arsenal in 1988. At Highbury Bould formed a formidable back line with Tony Adams, Nigel Winterburn and his former Stoke team-mate Lee Dixon and ended up with nine major honours to his name.

His honours include:

Arsenal

First Division/Premier League: 1988–89, 1990–91, 1997–98
FA Cup: 1992–93, 1997–98
Football League Cup: 1992–93
FA Community Shield: 1991, 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1993–94

He is
STEVE BOULD
gun__1314951573_125picture_038.jpg

Arsenal's famous Back Four: Lee Dixon, Tony Adams, Steve Bould and Nigel Winterburn 11/8/1998
[MENTION=1023]Shuggie[/MENTION] you're up

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Filling the gap for me on the left wing is the much decorated ...

- Champions League
- 1 x Premiership
- 3 x FA Cup
- 4 x Ligue 1
- Chelsea Players' Player of the Year: 2009–10
- 80 x France caps

Most importantly for me, a World Cup Finalist in 2006

Florent.jpg

Welcome, Florent Malouda

Special thanks to Guy Fawkes for posting my previous pick and also for resisting the temptation to give me someone from up the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here