Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weird Al Yankovic

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Couldn't sleep eh, [MENTION=30565]AlbionPics&SouthCoastTwit[/MENTION]?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A personal favourite of mine:

[yt]aBXIquQRQaI[/yt]

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
I think I remember reading a while back that there has only ever been 1 person that has said no to him doing a parody of their song. Can't remember who it was but I will name and shame if it comes back to me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think I remember reading a while back that there has only ever been 1 person that has said no to him doing a parody of their song. Can't remember who it was but I will name and shame if it comes back to me.

Prince definitely has, more than once - not sure if there have been others.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Weird Al hasn't wrote an original song in his whole career. Brilliant!

Yes he has. Half the songs on his albums are original. http://www.aux.tv/2013/12/13-weird-al-yankovic-songs-that-arent-parodies/

Coolio wasn't happy with the result of Amish Paradise. Mark Knopfler only allowed him to rework Money For Nothing on the condition he didn't change the title, Knopfler even played guitar on it.

Even though most recording artists really do have a pretty good sense of humor, on a few very rare occasions Al has been denied permission to do a parody. Actually, the only artist to turn Al down consistently over the years has been the Artist Formerly Known As The Artist Formerly Known As Prince. Go figure.​
http://weirdal.com/archives/faq/ (includes elaboration on the coolio point, too).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here