Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not very good at defending?

Good attacking play though, in games where we're on top.

In the PL you need good, solid defensive fullbacks. Players who can force players onto their weaker sides. Players who can stop crosses coming in. Players who are not often caught out of position. Players who can defend either post and players who are reasonably good in the air.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Salah loses Bong by standing still.
Sky commentator has just said "Bong ball watching"...
Since Everton away he really has been & is s**t.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well the experiment of playing Kayal, Stephens and Propper didnt work but at least this was the time to try it when the result didnt matter to us.
It's not the experiment you called for, you said with one winger not two.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So poor by us

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I thought Bruno was excellent against Man U.......but so was every player that night. I don't know if we could have played so well against this Liverpool side. Oh we didn't!

Our home performances are chalk and cheese compared to those on our travels.
Lets be honest, we have generally been awful away and turned in some abject performances. Its all about attitude and how the team is set up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the PL you need good, solid defensive fullbacks. Players who can force players onto their weaker sides. Players who can stop crosses coming in. Players who are not often caught out of position. Players who can defend either post and players who are reasonably good in the air.

I couldn't agree more.

I said this a couple of months back when Schelotto played in a run of defeats where he was poor, but was told by one poster that I didn't understand modern fullback play ... where attacking was just a important.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here