Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Glenn Murray play this Saturday?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
on the one hand follow the medical advice, on the other time for someone else to get a shot anyway so dont take the risk. we need the other strikers to come through and they cant do that from the bench, and if they arent upto it then in to the market in January.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Most seen to think he's fine to play if the club's medical staff clear him. Now if Glenn was your son would they still be entirely accepting of the decision?

Bit over dramatic, shirley?

Anyway, my son is a brick folly with flying butresses so I'm now being drawn further towards play the bugger, thanks to your provocative post. Hope the team doctors aren't reading this btw :mad::wozza:.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
If he’s cleared then he can play.

But I do get the impression that we are a bit behind the times in the UK when it comes to these issues. A greater understanding could show that it should be taken more seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ue-head-injury-and-concussion-rules-explained

A bit more information on the PL concussion protocols.

I find it interesting that some are saying that 6 days rest is nowhere near enough. What is your reasoning for this? One assumes the protocol was formed with the assistance of neurologists and the like?

Protocols are drafted with assistance from medical experts but the ultimate end products are often far more lenient given the demands of the sport. Even so, head injuries in football have been taken far less seriously than they should. Wasn't it this past year that Karius played the UCL final while concussed?

I don't know the severity of his injury or the results of his evaluation, but you'll be hard pressed to find a doctor that'll clear their patient for that degree of intensive mental and physical exertion less than a weak after the incident.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm not risking him in my Fantasy Prem team - he'll be on the bench this week.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Absolutely not , the consequences the club would face if something unfortunately went wrong would be disastrous even if all protocols were apparently followed .

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Protocols are drafted with assistance from medical experts but the ultimate end products are often far more lenient given the demands of the sport. Even so, head injuries in football have been taken far less seriously than they should. Wasn't it this past year that Karius played the UCL final while concussed?

I don't know the severity of his injury or the results of his evaluation, but you'll be hard pressed to find a doctor that'll clear their patient for that degree of intensive mental and physical exertion less than a weak after the incident.
Llorius was deemed to have been playing with a concussion weeks after having an absolute mare. Genuine or clutching at straws after a shocker?

..will come on as a late sub with the team already well ahead of Wolves. Will score a spectacular goal for his 100th leading to marvellous scenes - possibly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here