Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Craig Mackey , cowardly copper

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Oh believe me you are, had a couple of PMs to that effect!

So people have an issue with my posts but instead of taking up with me they pm you ...... I would have thought nsc finest would be better than that. Let’s face it I’m hardly one of nsc more argumentative posters ....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Two armed officers later witnessed unarmed officers with batons draw. running away from the knifeman.

In the real world of the incident in real time, it shows how terrifying these events were. Especially if you're not holding a gun.

IMG_2890.PNG

Away from this debate, I think it's incredibly naive of Parliament/The Met to believe that key sites can be protected by an outer ring of unarmed bobbies IN A WAR. More realism may have saved the life PC Keith Palmer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you can't understand my answer you clearly have no idea...and never will. I'll leave you to your fantasy TV theory on a subject you clearly know naff all about .

WTF! Hope I never have to play you at Guess Who? You’re not Eric per chance...?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So people have an issue with my posts but instead of taking up with me they pm you ...... I would have thought nsc finest would be better than that. Let’s face it I’m hardly one of nsc more argumentative posters ....

Who said they were the finest? ;) And you’re doing a damned good impression of someone arguing, you’ve replied to every post.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Who said they were the finest? ;) And you’re doing a damned good impression of someone arguing, you’ve replied to every post.

Isn’t that what you do in a debate. I rarely get involved in lengthy binfest. I can think of three occasions over the 18 plus years that I’ve been on nsc. Hardly prolific!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I was just going to ask how he can work again with no respect from those he is supposed to be leading. Only he knows the truth, ie what he was thinking at the time, was it a conscious decision or a gut reaction, what he would have done differently, etc, etc.

All we can hope is that the truth comes out first time, and not another Hillsborough.

Sounds to me like he’s telling the truth, which is what has caused the stink, he admitted to locking the doors to the car, not sure what else he could have hidden or not said.

The Hillsborough officers and others in power lied to save their skins, he has told the truth and will have to face the consequences.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sounds to me like he’s telling the truth, which is what has caused the stink, he admitted to locking the doors to the car, not sure what else he could have hidden or not said.

The Hillsborough officers and others in power lied to save their skins, he has told the truth and will have to face the consequences.

Yes, and respect to him for being honest.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whether his actions were cowardly or sensible will be in contention for a long time to come. The result is it’s one less fatality. The justification for the decision lies with the people on the ground who made the dynamic risk assessment.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Seems a shame to me that just because he is a senior copper he is getting more stick than the git who actually killed these people. Personally, I don’t think any selfless act by this senior policeman would have helped the situation - I am sure that the killer’s acolytes would have been delighted with such a kill. I’d rather he goes back to work and helps sort out what was one of the worst examples of parliamentary security I have ever heard of.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
just listen to yourself , your attitude is EVERYTHING that is wrong with modern society , "what was he supposed to do without equipment" , jesus wept how did we get to this point when the first thought when seeing a comrade fatally attacked is what equipment is available :facepalm:

Well actually he has a very valid point....but the issue is down to the 'attitude' that is everything thats wrong with with the modern day police..ahem..."Service".
I did the job for 18 years and when you join you take an oath to protect life and lim!
The fundamental basics of being a police officer is that you are duty bound to ensure you are carrying the protective equipment issued to you whilst on duty......and here in lies the real issue with the 'Attitude' of so called police officers like him!!!
'Officers"..and I use the term loosely.. like him have zero ability to police the streets but drive a desk so well they are promoted through the ranks because they can pass an exam and their practical ability to police isn't even looked at. Senior officers I'd say from Inspector and above are nothing but office workers and.....(this is my point)...they seem to forget that they are still police officers and are still duty bound by that oath to protect life and lim, yet still have the attitude that when they leave the station to go to what ever meeting..they don't need to carry their protective equipment...bullshit!
The fact is...he is a police officer who is on duty, he has been issued with and trained to use the protective equipment (on a yearly basis)...but because he does nothing but drive a desk any thought of his basic responsibilities as a police officer are not even acknowledged......!!
I know damn well nothing will happen about it....but should be stuck on for neglect of duty!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well actually he has a very valid point....but the issue is down to the 'attitude' that is everything thats wrong with with the modern day police..ahem..."Service".
I did the job for 18 years and when you join you take an oath to protect life and lim!
The fundamental basics of being a police officer is that you are duty bound to ensure you are carrying the protective equipment issued to you whilst on duty......and here in lies the real issue with the 'Attitude' of so called police officers like him!!!
'Officers"..and I use the term loosely.. like him have zero ability to police the streets but drive a desk so well they are promoted through the ranks because they can pass an exam and their practical ability to police isn't even looked at. Senior officers I'd say from Inspector and above are nothing but office workers and.....(this is my point)...they seem to forget that they are still police officers and are still duty bound by that oath to protect life and lim, yet still have the attitude that when they leave the station to go to what ever meeting..they don't need to carry their protective equipment...bullshit!
The fact is...he is a police officer who is on duty, he has been issued with and trained to use the protective equipment (on a yearly basis)...but because he does nothing but drive a desk any thought of his basic responsibilities as a police officer are not even acknowledged......!!
I know damn well nothing will happen about it....but should be stuck on for neglect of duty!

So will you be “sticking on” all the uniformed officers identified by the armed officers as moving away from the scene, batons drawn? Or just this senior officer?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Great post.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seems a shame to me that just because he is a senior copper he is getting more stick than the git who actually killed these people. Personally, I don’t think any selfless act by this senior policeman would have helped the situation - I am sure that the killer’s acolytes would have been delighted with such a kill. I’d rather he goes back to work and helps sort out what was one of the worst examples of parliamentary security I have ever heard of.

Again, great post.

NSC’s keyboard brave men channelling all their anger towards the policeman.

Another result for our enemies that want divisions.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Well I reckon if Portlock Seagull ever got into a bit of trouble now and shouted for help a lot of people on this thread would quite happily turn their back on him and walk away.
I definitely would

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well I reckon if Portlock Seagull ever got into a bit of trouble now and shouted for help a lot of people on this thread would quite happily turn their back on him and walk away.
I definitely would

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

They would run away in any case. In the real world the vast majority of people do that when unarmed. As borne out by the uniformed bobbies running away from the knifeman in this case (read yesterday's witness statements).

All talk of bravery has been made by NSC'ers from the safety of the sofa.

The exception might be a couple of posters here with real combat experience.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
They would run away in any case. In the real world the vast majority of people do that when unarmed. As borne out by the uniformed bobbies running away from the knifeman in this case (read yesterday's witness statements).

All talk of bravery has been made by NSC'ers from the safety of the sofa.

The exception might be a couple of posters here with real combat experience.

I think the majority of posters on this site are disappointed with a top copper not getting out of his motor when a colleague was being stabbed. Why you have felt the need to call out "NSC’s keyboard brave men" is beyond me. You've made your point several times, I think it's fair to say we understand your view (for crying out loud you have made it enough times) maybe agree to disagree without resorting to insults?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here