Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly 22,000 season tickets sold already for 2016/17

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Interest free monthly payment option" is a Barberism that really gets on my tets.

So you start to pay for your product 5 months before you actually get it (first direct debit in March, first match in August), and you finish paying for it 3 months before you finish using it (last direct debit in February, last match in May). I wonder what the club is doing with all that advance money? Surely someone as savvy as Barber would be getting interest on it, perhaps. That is of course assuming we don't pay player wages 5 months in advance, since that is the biggest outgoing.

That may as well be, but when I last looked around a bit, the clubs that offered payment terms for season tickets all had extra fee(s) in addition to the cost of the ST itself. Renewing STs for most clubs has long since happened before the end of the preceding season.

A pound tomorrow is worth less than a pound today, but those Albion fans paying by DD pay no more than those who pay with an up front lump sum.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Interest free monthly payment option" is a Barberism that really gets on my tets.

So you start to pay for your product 5 months before you actually get it (first direct debit in March, first match in August), and you finish paying for it 3 months before you finish using it (last direct debit in February, last match in May). I wonder what the club is doing with all that advance money? Surely someone as savvy as Barber would be getting interest on it, perhaps. outgoing.

Had you heard that the club is losing £10m a year?

That may as well be, but when I last looked around a bit, the clubs that offered payment terms for season tickets all had extra fee(s) in addition to the cost of the ST itself. Renewing STs for most clubs has long since happened before the end of the preceding season.

A pound tomorrow is worth less than a pound today, but those Albion fans paying by DD pay no more than those who pay with an up front lump sum.

Bradford £149 adult season ticket:eek:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Leyton Orient is less than £200 now I think too...

Mind you with West Ham flogging a season ticket for £289 they have no choice

What, they pay you?

Just be taken over by Germans who have embraced the £149 s/t,not sure what would have happened if they had got promoted as the 18,000+ season ticket holders would have not produce enough income to compete in the championship. Its a shame that these s/t prices could not support a football club.Seems everybody loses with fans paying more and clubs losing millions or you stand no chance of competing above league one:mad:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You can get a bus through Seagull travel that starts near Woking. My son gets on at Worplesdon. You could book for a whole season or per game basis.

What time does the coach pick up from Worplesdon? I live not far from there so would be interested how it compares with my usual drive down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just be taken over by Germans who have embraced the £149 s/t,not sure what would have happened if they had got promoted as the 18,000+ season ticket holders would have not produce enough income to compete in the championship. Its a shame that these s/t prices could not support a football club.Seems everybody loses with fans paying more and clubs losing millions or you stand no chance of competing above league one:mad:

18,000+ season ticket holders, yet an average attendance of 18,089. A lot of people must not be turning up and/or no-one ever pays on the day and/or no away fans ever come.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Follow your heart! I've got two season tickets, one pour moi and the other for Madame/ family/friends. Like you, I have to travel a bit of a distance (from Southampton) for home games. And yes, for mid-week evening games, driving is a pain in the arse. But in the end it's all worthwhile. There is nothing better than the euphoria of a win to end the day with, and there were a lot of those this season just gone.

My advice? Go for it - you won't regret it! :albion2:

Why don't YOU DO WHAT I and 4 friends do?
Drive to Havant , park up and go the rest of the way by coach , takes the strain out of everything, especially the evening games.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Was that all, or in part, 'borrowing' spare seats from those mates and either getting it for free or for the pro-rata'ed season ticket price for a match?

I ask because buying match by match from the club, even if you 'only' make 20 games in the season would see you paying more than a season ticket. For many people, the economics involved in a season ticket paid via interest free direct debit, are quite compelling.

In all I was 'given' about 5 games, upgraded a couple of mates kids tickets, bought one ticket for £20 off someone and paid direct for the others. My reason for not getting a season ticket originally was to save some money but I probably paid more this season as I ended up taking the wife to a few and Daughter was up for a couple as well.

If I had of had a season ticket I wouldn't have been able to do that 'on the spur of the moment'

18,000+ season ticket holders, yet an average attendance of 18,089. A lot of people must not be turning up and/or no-one ever pays on the day and/or no away fans ever come.

I assume that attendances are on tickets sold so could be the s/t sales are around 17k(my mistake) Poor away followings and the fact of lots of s/t's about account for low cash purchases,The cheaper the s/t the more people begrudge paying one off game prices i suppose???

So you start to pay for your product 5 months before you actually get it (first direct debit in March, first match in August), and you finish paying for it 3 months before you finish using it (last direct debit in February, last match in May). I wonder what the club is doing with all that advance money? Surely someone as savvy as Barber would be getting interest on it, perhaps. That is of course assuming we don't pay player wages 5 months in advance, since that is the biggest outgoing.

As opposed to the norm where you pay the full amount up front (August) which includes matches played the following April?

kelownaseagull

Sep 13, 2003
BC Canada
I guess a 12 hour+ flight home after using Southern Railway would be a breeze.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! I popped over for the Wednesday game and was more ticked at the train service than the journey in and out by plane. Plus Westjet fly into Gatwick now, so good deals to be had. Now if it was Heathrow, that's a different story. Great idea mentioned earlier about sharing tickets with other fans overseas. Wonder if the club would even entertain the idea.

Thanks for the feedback all. As always NSC is the font of knowledge :clap2:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Which is exactly why I have a season ticket.

Same seats, same faces, same view.

Having sat in all stands - upper and lower East and West, top and bottom row seats of all four of North, South, ESL and WSL, and standing under the police box, I can honestly say there isn't a bad seat in the stadium, each one a slightly different match day experience and each with much to recommend it - close to pitch and players in lower tiers, view of the downs from the WSU,view of the magnificent West from the East, general perspective on the game being enhanced from the upper tiers etc, etc.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Having sat in all stands - upper and lower East and West, top and bottom row seats of all four of North, South, ESL and WSL, and standing under the police box, I can honestly say there isn't a bad seat in the stadium, each one a slightly different match day experience and each with much to recommend it - close to pitch and players in lower tiers, view of the downs from the WSU,view of the magnificent West from the East, general perspective on the game being enhanced from the upper tiers etc, etc.

I had a ticket for the first three seasons in the ESL, centre, good view, good crowd, a little too low down for a good overall pitch view (my fault)
I've also sat in:

North Stand (Poor view, and not so good for my lads, although there were amused at some of the descriptives used!)
WSL (Great view, a little higher than our ESL seat, really worked)
SWC Very poor view, from my point of view, amongst flag waving and banter the boys loved it but not a good watching experience)
WSU (Excellent view)
ESU (Excellent view)

This season moving back to the East Stand but Upper.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have always maintianed East Upper is the best view, looking at the West Stand in all its glory.

Bang on half way line, East Upper, 6 rows back.... simply awesome :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

What would you rather then - have a bigger Direct Debit amount coming out over the 9 months of the season ? Or a smaller Direct Debit amount coming out across the 12 months ?

Spreading it over a whole year works just fine for me. I think you're being churlish.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why don't YOU DO WHAT I and 4 friends do?
Drive to Havant , park up and go the rest of the way by coach , takes the strain out of everything, especially the evening games.

You must get on the same coach as my old man, Clive :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
At those prices, unlike at the Amex, people can afford to miss more games.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here