Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheff Wed New Badge

Which Owl-based crest is the bestest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Hand picked by their owner I read somewhere.

Chansiri picked it but it is a close variation of a badge we had in the 50s. It's practically the same... I don't know if they added the sexy fluttering eyelashes this time though.

Plenty of fans like it, it has tradition. And the badge that we've changed from hasn't brought us any luck at all.

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
I voted old, I've always liked the 'new' old one from the retro perspective on classic shirts etc as it is a slight redesign of a badge from the 60's, but would never imagined it would be our current badge, but it has grown on me the last couple of months, it's all in line with our 150 Years anniversary in 2017. Think myself with other Wednesdayites would like the 70's stylistic Owl on its own with no crest or writing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I voted old, I've always liked the 'new' old one from the retro perspective on classic shirts etc as it is a slight redesign of a badge from the 60's, but would never imagined it would be our current badge, but it has grown on me the last couple of months, it's all in line with our 150 Years anniversary in 2017. Think myself with other Wednesdayites would like the 70's stylistic Owl on its own with no crest or writing.

I prefer the existing one I think. That new one- like a couple of other clubs' recent rebranding efforts- looks a bit Clipart to me.

Not all modernistic badges look good (see Bournemouth!). But some (Wolves, Wednesday) are fairly iconic. No need to change, IMHO.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
I prefer the existing one I think. That new one- like a couple of other clubs' recent rebranding efforts- looks a bit Clipart to me.

Not all modernistic badges look good (see Bournemouth!). But some (Wolves, Wednesday) are fairly iconic. No need to change, IMHO.

True but really it's an old one because it's from the 60's rather than a completely new design.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Will the old badge return come the summer of 2017?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
New one is pants. Hope they go for it

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Omnia sigilla optima sententiās in Latinā scriptās habent.

Bene factum, Bubonēs!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Odd one, I like both!

The old one is a classic though. Like foresta and wolves.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I wondered why all of a sudden Wednesday's fan base seemed to be swelling in the south east. Turns out the owl T-shirts were in support of some musical artist called Drake.

Don't tell my psychologist but the first thing I saw when looking at the new badge was two women in bed.

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
Will the old badge return come the summer of 2017?

Apparently not, but it seems the fashion these days for clubs to update/change the badge every few years to keep ahead of copyright and refresh 'the brand'. So i'm sure things will change again at some point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here