Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's iOS 8 day

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Same here. Much fuss about nothing.
Thought I'd pop back to the geek thread to see how it's going. Appears that there's not much really just the fact that you all have something the rest of us normal people have already got but we didn't have to wait or have to pay stupid amounts for a long time ago. Added to which our phones talk to each other and use common chargers etc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thought I'd pop back to the geek thread to see how it's going. Appears that there's not much really just the fact that you all have something the rest of us normal people have already got but we didn't have to wait or have to pay stupid amounts for a long time ago. Added to which our phones talk to each other and use common chargers etc

Normal people? Not on NSC - iOS usage far outweighs Android usage. It's not even close.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Normal people? Not on NSC - iOS usage far outweighs Android usage. It's not even close.
Never mind some of us are normal[emoji2]

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

We're talking about the new Operating System. The new phones aren't out yet.
I own both Android and Apple products and being a fanboy of neither, Apple products are far, far superior.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
As long as you have your Apple ID, the password/email combo you use to sign into the App Store, you're good to go. Doesn't matter where your music is 'physically', it's all tied to your account with Apple, and will show up again on your devices.

Do. Not. Worry.

:thumbsup:

This isn't correct, though? Anything you've purchased this works for, anything you've ripped will not sync across devices unless you're using iTunes match.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's IPHONE 6 DAY! Being the sad act that I am, I've just tracked mine to see it has arrived in Newhaven and is being loaded onto the van for delivery. I'm excited.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I asked Bozza but didn't get a response, what exactly are you loving about it? I can't really see any significant difference?

Swipe gestures in mail, predictive words in keyboard, I message acts more like Whatsapp, spotlight searches integrated with safari search, favourite contacts available after double tap of home button....erm....iCloud drive is like Dropbox 5gb free, camera has a time lapse feature....not sure if I've found anymore but I've typed this a lot quicker!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
We're talking about the new Operating System. The new phones aren't out yet.
I own both Android and Apple products and being a fanboy of neither, Apple products are far, far superior.

I've owned both apple and android. Up to about the i-phone 3 they were clearly superior but overpriced. Nowadays they're just overpriced.

Dec 29, 2011
I think on older devices such as iPhone 4s and early iPads it worth seeing what people feedback before updating to make sure it does not slow down your device although I guess you can downgrade again but just a lot of hassle

Can you downgrade? I'm sure I've read you can't (and I've tried with no luck too).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's IPHONE 6 DAY! Being the sad act that I am, I've just tracked mine to see it has arrived in Newhaven and is being loaded onto the van for delivery. I'm excited.

sad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here