Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kicking off in EUROPA League at Lyon

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Usual UEFA action will be taken i.e. nothing, because they're Turkish and only stabbed, maimed, ran riot and destroyed a habitat of less than 200,000. Meanwhile, watch UEFA and Spanish authorities jail hundreds of families from Leicester for drinking a Rioja at ambient temperature in a built up area. Ow, and for being English. Same old, same old...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They took their time but hopefully Lyon progress.

Besiktas and their Turkish fans will get away with their crowd trouble as usual.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of these clubs will have to play a single tie behind closed doors with a €30,000 fine. The other a €15,000 fine. Both will be warned about their future conduct.

Whereas any British club would have had the book thrown at them. With threats against the FA for England's participation in the next Euros.

The double standards of UEFA. It's a funny old game

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I thought there was potential for trouble with Manchester United in Belgium tonight but it seems to have passed off peacefully?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Usual UEFA action will be taken i.e. nothing, because they're Turkish and only stabbed, maimed, ran riot and destroyed a habitat of less than 200,000. Meanwhile, watch UEFA and Spanish authorities jail hundreds of families from Leicester for drinking a Rioja at ambient temperature in a built up area. Ow, and for being English. Same old, same old...

Those Leicester fans were idiots.

Not the worst of crimes, but throwing a flare in a public area the day are an explosive attack is a bit foolish

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Those Leicester fans were idiots.

Not the worst of crimes, but throwing a flare in a public area the day are an explosive attack is a bit foolish

Agree. I was referring more to the ones sat in cafes that also got clubbed by Police.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
One of these clubs will have to play a single tie behind closed doors with a €30,000 fine. The other a €15,000 fine. Both will be warned about their future conduct.

Whereas any British club would have had the book thrown at them. With threats against the FA for England's participation in the next Euros.

The double standards of UEFA. It's a funny old game

When was the last time the 'book' was thrown at a British (English) team?

Your Mum

Dec 22, 2016
No mention of this on the main BBC news site. If it was English fans they would be having a field day

No reports of the Leicester fans behaving like a bunch of cocks the previous night either. Clearly the BBC are only interested in the big clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here