Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Was there any evidence of this, or just what Gus said to justify letting him go? I'm beginning to think this is a bit of an urban myth, just like the one that he is lazy and often disinterested.

Now your asking!! i can't even remember last night.....sure there was a couple of occasions where he could not be bothered......best leave it to history i suppose.

Money very well spent. I know we were all hesitant after BZ came back last year and fizzled out with injuries, but I personally think Murray is better than he was for us last time.

A mate of mine brought his house off of him when he left to go to Palarse, and said what a nice guy he was. Murray has since brought a house in the same street as his old place. My mate says he see's him a lot at his new place and he is always pleasant to talk to. Says a lot about the man.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
It's a long shot, but there's still time for GM to become the championship's top scorer. Wood has 24 and Gayle 22 so a Muzza hat-trick at Wolves would do nicely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My wrongness was based on the FACT that GM would eventually only be second in line to Baldock when queuing in the doctor's waiting room.

Hey-ho

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Player of the season IMO.

Surprised more people don't have a similar opinion, at least based on the poll on here!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Incredible business done by the recruitment team in the past couple of years.

Can't ever be 100% but startling successes.

Chairmen of other clubs whose staff have spent many millions on far worse players must shake their heads when they look at us....

Our recruitment policy is admired from afar - a couple of additions each window, who 90% of the time ending up doing the business. That's according to frequent comments on owlstalk, who slag off their expensive (£30m in fees!) scatter gun approach on buying flavour of the months.

Murray has been worth every penny - the goals, assists, leadership, battling, runs his socks off, his passion for the cause and he's never intimidated by oaths at CB. We wouldn't be nearing the £140m prize without him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Four more and, I think, he may have more goals than any other Albion player at this level in the last forty years. Peter Ward managed 24. (14+10- two seasons).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He didn't fit their style. Of course he's good enough.

I would think it highly unlikely that any Premiership team especially Bournemouth with limited resources/desperate to stay up would release any player they thought could help keep them in the Prem. If he was good enough why didn't numerous other Prem clubs snap him up? Useful squad player but I think we should be aiming to improve the quality of our squad in all departments next season.

Gus's greatest error of his management career. We'd have gone up during his reign if we'd kept Murray and not signed CMS. He has always been top class and will without doubt score goals in the Premier league.

Club's greatest error. I know Gus's name is mud around here and it's pointless expecting him to get a fair hearing but for the record Gus said it was the board who wouldn't agree the wages to keep him (specifically transferring the money from transfers to wages budget)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I would think it highly unlikely that any Premiership team especially Bournemouth with limited resources/desperate to stay up would release any player they thought could help keep them in the Prem. If he was good enough why didn't numerous other Prem clubs snap him up? Useful squad player but I think we should be aiming to improve the quality of our squad in all departments next season.

I'm sure that there are a few that regret not signing him, given how well he has played.

Yes, we will need to strengthen, but there are quite a few sides up there that our current squad would do very well against.

Murray has been the key "difference" to last season. I won't waste my vote voting for him as PoS tho as he'd never win such a poll and to be fair Knocky probably symbolises all that is good about our play

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm sure that there are a few that regret not signing him, given how well he has played.

Yes, we will need to strengthen, but there are quite a few sides up there that our current squad would do very well against.

Possibly true but he has prospered in the Championship in a very good established team.

Agree the gap between the bottom third of the Prem and the top of the Championship has narrowed. Just think we can't afford to be sentimental/ loyal to players or anyone else if they prove not up to the job in the Prem. If he bangs them in/contributes fair enough.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I personally can't see a strike force of Baldock/Murray/hemed getting the goals needed between them.

Murray was poor for Palace and Bmuff in PL - but this team is set up to give him chances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here